Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36409
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Waikiki... a week or two...

I have been given three days to pack and prep for a 1-2 week trip to Oahu. I am there supporting a friend for medical treatment. Although this is of a serious matter, we are both looking to get out and see a few sights. Other than Pearl Harbor, are there any "low risk" activities and events we should check out?

By low risk I mean no Shark Cages or para-sailing.. I am not even sure we will be able to hike Diamond Head, though I would love to. Walking will be fine but pretty much anything that might cause a bump on the head by slipping, falling.. or strenuous (raise blood pressure<- boy is he pissed about this one *wink*) activity is out.

~Z~

looking forward to trying loco moco...
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:43 AM   #2
shortstroke
Gaining Momentum

Check out the Hawaiian Culture Center. They have every group that migrated to the islands. It is a trip down memory lane kind of. It shows their culture, their dance, and how they lived before the missonaries came and almost erased their culture.

SS
shortstroke is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
St.Mateo
Love the curves

Encounters: 14

Too bad you cant hike DiamondHead. Its a quite visual experience as you see Waikiki
on one side the mountains behind you and the ocean in front of you..

If you get a chance and can rent a car drive around the island on the main highway heading east You will run into all kinds of interesting things and if you get to the north side of the island thats where the North Shore is. That's the place where surfers love as the waves are legendary....
St.Mateo is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
aRandyOne
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Go snorkeling in Hanauma Bay
http://www.hawaiiweb.com/html/hanauma_bay_beach.html
aRandyOne is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
b2flyer51
Account Disabled

Default Cleveland of the Pacific

Suggestions:

The Pearl Harbor visit is meaningful.
North Shore (Pipeline, etc) has great visuals.

Best suggestion is to get on a plane and go to Kauai, Maui, Big Island, etc.

(Sorry, just not a fan of Honolulu)

Nice of you to help a friend!

Flyer
b2flyer51 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRandyOne View Post
Absolutely amazing! I just came back from Waikiki. Spent a day at the bay, which is actually a collapsed volcano with a living reef border, and swam with sea turtles and tons of colorful fish. However, the deeper you get out, the higher the likelihood that you will get bumped and bruised by the wave action. Don't forget sunscreen on the back and especially the LEGS, as those will be sticking up as you look down. You can get a tour including pick-up and return to your hotel plus snorkel gear and a map of the bay for $14, but take another $7.50 each for the park entrance fee as that's not covered in any tour package.

I did climb Diamond Head (got the certificate they sell at the top to prove it) and if you are looking to keep the blood pressure down, this ain't it.
Especially if you're afraid of heights, like I am. Gulp. The view was awesome, but to get to the very top you have to climb hundreds of fairly steep stair steps and crawl under the entrance of an old WWII bunker, plus it can be hot and you'll have to tote all your own water.

There are many reasonable tours of the island's attractions in air conditioned buses. Btw, the Hawaiian Cultural Center is actually called the Polynesian Cultural Center now. It will take you well over an hour to get there from Waikiki, but they have THE best show at night, "Ha - The Breath of Life," with a huge cast, special effects, music, fire dancers, well worth the trip. Decent luau. (Stay away from poi. Tastes like purple paste.) If you go to the PCC you must stop in the Samoan section and see the demonstration there. The guy is too funny.

The International Market is a must, all sorts of booths with jewelry, clothing, carvings, food, etc., etc. Best place to buy t-shirts. Quite large, shaded and nice, plenty of benches to rest.

The Atlantis Submarine will take you down 100 feet to see the wet world below with shipwrecks, turtles, sometimes sharks and dolphins. They have a dinner cruise package with a show, too. There's also a cheap catamaran outing with cocktails from the same dock for snorkeling, or a sunset cruise with snacks.

Waikiki is going to be much more "touristy" than much of Hawaii, but a very active place full of energy. Just hanging out at Waikiki Beach is great fun with people watching, scantily clad wahinis (women) and big kuhunas (guys), plus the surfers. Lots of restaurants, including the yummy Cheeseburger in Paradise. Tiki's at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is a cool bar (great Mai Tai's) with a lovely view and nightly entertainment. Oh, please be aware that the big waves at North Shore do not roll in until December, with the humpback whale season. (I so wanted to see those, drat.) At dusk there is a torch-lighting ceremony and show with native dancers and musicians at nearby Kuhuna Beach, a short walk. Absolutely free and very entertaining.

PM me if you want more detail. This was my 3rd trip to Hawaii (adding Oahu to my Big Island and Kauai visits), and I love it. (Can you tell? I sound like a travel agent.) You fellows need to ask me about kissing my new "flower."
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
huskerdude
Premium Access

Encounters: 145

~Ze~, I was in Hawaii just last year and like others said visit Hanauma bay to snorkel, also I snorkeled at a place called Sharks Cove on the North shore that was even better, but rougher. I actually did the shark cage thing on the North Shore called Hawaii Shark Encounters and it was amazing and totally safe. The sharks were about 8 foot ones, not the great white sharks. On the North shore is where most of the surfing is done,so you can watch. Also on the North Shore, there are places where people sell garlic shrimp out of trucks on the side of the road and it is really tasty. I also suggest visiting the Dole Pineapple plantation. Have a great time! Aloha!
huskerdude is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #8
st929
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Just spoted this and dont know if its to late.

1. Submarine tours where you actually get into a sub and tour the underwater areas.

2. Dukes An awesome restaurant on Waikiki Beach.

3. Run/Walk up Diamond Head its a great exercise and well worth it.

4. Big Kauhana's. One block off the Waikiki strip and their burgers are awesome, music is live and plenty of night life.

5. Punch bowl. A must stop to remember the price paid.
st929 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I think I have driven around the island at least three times by now... Found out yesterday that I am going to have to stay here another 3 weeks. Grr...

I mean, I could think of worse places to be stranded... LOL.

There is something about this place that pictures can't capture. The smells, the people, the air.

Thanks Fancyinheels! I have my tickets to the Culture Center, and the Ha show, and I am trying to get my friend(still in recovery) to go down on the Submarine with me.

I spent most of my first 3 weeks here close to Waikiki, and to and from the hospital where I am helping a friend. So I am a bit tired of this max-o-tourist-trap area. This week I have had my first real chances to get around the island. I must say that I am having more fun adventuring, looking for my favorite beach(so far Bellows) and tasting all the shrimp trucks I come across!

Everything here is a short drive, about an hour from one side to the other. I've passed by Hanauma Bay twice but haven't had the chance to spend the day. Will do soon.

Thanks for all the suggestion.. Hopefully someday I make it off this island, but till then, I promise to enjoy this humidity free/sunshine factory for all of you.
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
TexasT
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Sending us bikini pics would be a most judicious way for you to pass some time, as well as enriching the lives of so many.
TexasT is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
Charlie Brown
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

YES! The senses....the trees are different......the air so pure...the grass and the birds are like you've not seen before...dirt even look unusual....the sky looks closer.

You got a bunch of good advice above hun.

More: Nick's Fish Market - Honolulu or Maui.

Go inland......experience the native culture...I have a relative that's native Hawaian.......go inland......find things......the people are so kind.

Take an over night to Maui.....Longi's on Main Street in LaHaina, best restaurant in the islands, skip Longi's in Honolulu.........snorkle in Napile Cove or anywhere north of LaHaina and south of The Ritz...sea turtles, moray ells, lots of neat creatures.

You're in paradise.....you need little direction love.
Charlie Brown is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #12
Slowhi
Registered Member

Encounters: 7
Default Still need suggestions? Local tips

Aloha Ze,

Just saw your post. I live in Honolulu so if you still need suggestions let me know. I also sent you an email.
Slowhi is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women