Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
wynterstark
Account Disabled

User ID: 1429
My ECCIE Reviews
Default The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury

All of my friends know that I'm a huge fan of Bradbury's Fahreheit 451. In fact, I've been known to cry while reading the ending of that book. As I'm sure everyone knows, Ray Bradbury passed away recently and I've watched all of the media fuss with a large degree of sadness. It's heartbreaking to me when a great writer dies because I always wonder what he left unwritten. I always feel as though I've been cheated out of countless worlds and adventures.

Neil Gaiman's tribute to Bradbury is nothing short of amazing if only for the one line "I learned your books. Burned them into my mind. In case the firemen come to town." This has got to be the highest praise that anyone can ever give a writer.

http://io9.com/5918839/must-read-nei...o-ray-bradbury

Thank you Neil Gaiman, for such a lovely tribute to an unbelieveable man.
wynterstark is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

OMG, I thought he had passed away years ago. I hadn't heard!

I made the journey into science fiction with him as my pilot. I read Verne, Wells, all the classic authors who predicted futures that came to be, then Asimov, Dick, Nivens, Silverberg, Heinlein, Clarke, and the rest AFTER "The Martian Chronicles."

I almost met him once. He was giving a lecture at my college, with a meet and greet reception afterward, but something happened and I couldn't go. It would have been an awesome, indelible experience, and I have regretted missing it to this day. To me, the world of great literature would be so much the poorer without his contributions. Godspeed to your adventures in the next dimension, Mr. Bradbury.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
wynterstark
Account Disabled

User ID: 1429
My ECCIE Reviews

No, Bradbury passed away a few days ago at the grand old age of 91. The Wikipedia on him says that he is credited with 27 novels and over 600 short stories. I shouldn't feel as though I've been cheated out of any stories because he certainly left enough of them behind... and yet somehow, I just can't help but feel as though I might be missing out on something great. I felt the same way when Douglas Adams passed away. :*(
wynterstark is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynterstark View Post
No, Bradbury passed away a few days ago at the grand old age of 91. The Wikipedia on him says that he is credited with 27 novels and over 600 short stories. I shouldn't feel as though I've been cheated out of any stories because he certainly left enough of them behind... and yet somehow, I just can't help but feel as though I might be missing out on something great. I felt the same way when Douglas Adams passed away. :*(
Take comfort in knowing he left a wealth of material to talk to you
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
thrakattack82
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Thanks for posting that link. Neil Gaiman is a true master of his craft and its very touching to see him pay homage to another true master in a way that no one else can.
thrakattack82 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women