Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 378
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60546
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42049
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #106
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
And you pretty much having reading comprehension problems.

1) Bosnia...not much of a war. It took us four years to do something.

2) Iraq, Saddam quit taking dollars for oil. That was a fatal mistake on his part. But no oil, no USA.

3) Libya, Europe needed our air power. We were assured they would do the heavy lifting and we would not get bogged down over there. But no oil , no USA

4) Kuwait, Saddam mistakenly thought he had our ok to go there and reclaim territory that had been in dispute. No oil, no USA .

5) Afghanistan, Primary to go after al-Qaeda I have already posted a huge secondary reason. The funny thing is we pivioted to Iraq. Why? OIL.

6) Read "Black Hawk Down" is you do not know the other country , Mister History Buff

Nothing I said has been proven wrong by you. All you have proven is an inability to comprehend wtf I wrote. To recap:
I've got news for you. EVERYBODY has a proven inability to comprehend what you write. When you sober up, re-read the two big posts you made on the page above. Try to see if YOU can comprehend what you wrote. it is a cut-and-paste nightmare.

I can't even begin to address all of your ramblings in those 2 posts. It would be like trying to hit a moving target, I don't have the time or patience. And it would be pointless, you would just re-phrase everything you previously wrote to make yourself seem right.

But, if you can, try to recall your early post, responding to someone else saying that we have fought to protect Muslims 6 times, where you basically said we only go to war for oil so a small number of people can profit. His characterization was wrong, but so was yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Could you be more specific?
Could you break down the cost in lives and money on each front?

My guess Iraq and Afghan are head and shoulders above the other four.

I would also suggest that it is oil business we are after, not Muslim protection. We go to war for the benefit of a small segment of our society. Defense Contractors and Oli Interests.
In response to examples of the US fighting in countries where there is no oil (Bosnia, Afghan - not to mention earlier military actions in Viet Nam, Panama, Somalia, Lebanon), you changed the subject about five times and started to throw in articles about "unicorn" pipelines that were never going to get built - what you imagine to be a huge secondary reason to go into Afghan.

And the NY Times article about lithium and other minerals can't be used to justify going into Afghan. For starters, you can't travel backwards in time. Anything we learned about minerals was discovered AFTER we were already there for years and were trying to figure out if Afghan could have some kind of economy - any kind of economy - NOT based on heroin. And anything they may have found is still highly speculative, not proven. And even if it is proven substantial, it is located in a country full of religious fanatics and thieves. Who on earth is going to invest in the most chaotic place on earth? Who will spend a billion to build a copper mining operation just to watch it get stolen by some warlord or blown up by the Taliban.

And what our delay in going into Bosnia (point No. 1) is supposed to prove is beyond me. We went to war in a place that had no oil, in order to save Muslims from being killed by Serbs. Clinton dragged his feet (correctly, I think) to try to force the Europeans to take care of the mess in their own backyards. The military spending of the EU being what it is, they failed, of course. And we finally stepped in and ended it in a few months of massive bombing.

Black Hawk Down? Why are you bringing up Somalia? No appreciable oil there. It was yet another dopey humanitarian mission among cutthroat people that have literally nothing to offer us. A perfect counter example to the left-wing "war-for-oil" trope. If there is one place on earth that is worse than Afghanistan, it is Somalia. They have pirates for god's sake.

Bush did not get "diverted away" from Afghanistan so he could go after oil in Iraq. Regardless of what the reasons and timing for going into Iraq were, Bush was never going to dive fully into Afghanistan. He paid lip service to nation building there and kept a minimum force there to keep the lid on it until we could bow out gracefully. Frankly I think even that was too much. He should have left after a year or two and put a hand-picked thug in charge.

But our current mess and our built up forces in Afghanistan are entirely Obama's fault. He basically withdrew from Iraq on the time table that Bush had laid out - he may have advanced it a few months. But he idiotically doubled down in Afghanistan.

So we find ourselves in a war in a Muslim land and it most certainly has never been for oil. We went in to kill Al Qaeda and then hung around - to save face at first - and then to nation build.

I wish we had gone to war for oil. it would have been a more intelligent reason - even if wrong.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #107
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
That's what I thought until I invested my life savings in a chinchilla ranch.
Irish chihuahua ranch here.

Dogs have only one god and one government, their owner, and all colors and breeds live pretty peaceably together as long as they're well-loved, well-fed, kept in well health, and have enough room to play well.

Word.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #108
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
Irish chihuahua ranch here.

Dogs have only one god and one government, their owner, and all colors and breeds live pretty peaceably together as long as they're well-loved, well-fed, kept in well health, and have enough room to play well.

Word.
People love their dogs. They feed them, they provide for their needs and treat them with affection; as a result, the dog thinks his owner is God.

Cats are treated the same way by their owners; as a result, the cat thinks he's God.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #109
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Resources are not always oil. Land, water....but make no mistake, that is what is fought for when conflicts arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

But, if you can, try to recall your early post, responding to someone else saying that we have fought to protect Muslims 6 times, where you basically said we only go to war for oil so a small number of people can profit. His characterization was wrong, but so was yours:

I know exactlty WTF I said you distorting SOB. I do not have to go back and read a thing. Just becauseyou are trying to be right , much like joe blow and his sodomy thread , you are willing to distort and unwilling to look at historical facts.

You know nothing about how nations plan things in the long term. Basically all wars are over resources, that has been how it is since the beginning of time and will continue to be so. You have something I want, we either fight for it or not. . Bosnia was fought for control of land by the Serbs and Albanians. We were basically ref's. That is why we used limited resources (and it was not much of a war on our part!) but the people in the region were fighting for land. That is a resource. How hard is that to understand? It is exactly wtf I said.

Read this somewhat dated book to at least get a clue and get out of your Pollyanna like world view.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/149206.Resource_Wars
Quote:

So we find ourselves in a war in a Muslim land and it most certainly has never been for oil. We went in to kill Al Qaeda and then hung around - to save face at first - and then to nation build.

I wish we had gone to war for oil. it would have been a more intelligent reason - even if wrong.
You are so naive it is embarrassing. We want bases over there so we can control the flow of resources. You remind me of the naive little girl:

A worried father confronted his daughter one night. "I don't like that new boyfriend, he's rough and common and bloody stupid with it."

"Oh no, Daddy," the daughter replied, "Fred's ever so clever, we've only been going out nine weeks and he's cured me of that illness I used to get once a month."

It really is my fault for getting into a debate about such a simple concept that one so naive can not grasp. I am not God. It is not my job to educate you in the ways of human nature. Carry on simpleton, you no longer get your period. You are brilliant.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #110
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

But our current mess and our built up forces in Afghanistan are entirely Obama's fault. He basically withdrew from Iraq on the time table that Bush had laid out - he may have advanced it a few months. But he idiotically doubled down in Afghanistan.

Another book I suggest you read. While I am not a fan of nation building at all, at least the other side has a reason they want to build the country up. We abandoned them once and it brought us OBL.

http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Wilson.../dp/078618941X

A triumph of ruthless ability over scruples, this story has dominated recent history in the form of blowback: many of the men armed by the CIA became the Taliban's murderous enforcers and Osama bin Laden's protectors.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women