Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163198
Yssup Rider60856
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48638
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42526
CryptKicker37215
The_Waco_Kid36942
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
badlamb24
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2
Smile 4G: Verizon/Sprint/AT&T/T-Mobile?

Verizon 4G Speed: I get 52 Mbps Download and 20 Mbps Upload speed using 4G Verizon LG modem. But - I agree as many users start buying 4G - speed will keep on dividing. I am having this high speed due to no user or few users in my area and being close to Verizon 4G antenna < Data speed also depends on how good 4G signal strength/ quality /signal to noise ratio Is >

**** Speed Test: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and Click Dallas ****

Yes software does crashes sometimes, only if your using modem for long time because it need power cycle i.e. unplug and plug back works great. I believe its Hardware (modem) issue not software issue. Any new technology get polish with time and experience. 3G is in market almost 8 to 10 years - so give some time Guys.

Lets evaluate what really 4G is:

Verizon / MetoPCS 4G LTE is best described as 3.9G (beyond 3G but pre-4G)which did not meet requirements for 4G also called IMT Advanced as defined by the International Telecommunication Union such as peak data rates up to 1 Gbit/s.

Currently - supporters of LTE have submitted new technology , upgraded version of LTE Advanced for evaluation as 4G. And, if that passes - Verizon will be making history in 4G introduction on large scale beating everyone as always for being FIRST to introduce future technologies.

Sprint (and ClearWire) WiMax is supposed to 3.7G / 3.8G - signal goes only for one mile , low penetration power but gives good speed. AT&T and T-Mobile have currently upgraded software platforms on current 3G antenna using HSPA+ technology - gives good speed. Both carriers currently have only 3G technology.

Today's marketing for 4G is completely based on Speed rate: User will move on carriers which will provide good speed. Sprint and Verizon are ahead of technology but AT&T and T-Mobile started providing good speed using 3G upgrade in order to avoid losing customers and advertising good speed as 4G technology.

If you find Verizon and Sprint 4G expensive than AT&T and T-Mobile 4G (actually 3G with upgrades) only because Verizon and Sprint are trying to get their money back invested in new technologies; makes sense from business perspective.

Support to LTE:
AT&T has confirmed to move for LTE in mid 2011 and T-Mobile in end 2011. No other carrier is supporting WiMax, so its looks like LTE is here to stay and be a FUTURE technology.

User (aka mine)perspective: whichever gives me good speed with reliable communication and cheaper bill - I want that; fuck with technology.
badlamb24 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
delimex007

Encounters: 17

This should be in the technology thread in the main forum page as you will get more responses and it`s more relevant there. But short answer to your query-- best phone right now is Sprint HTC evo 4g. Best srvice is Verizon. ATT is the worst service but the Iphone is a top choice. Personally I would avoid ATT-- and go for Verizon or sprint depending on loacation/coverage area and the phone you want. Hope this helps.
delimex007 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
absorbed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default PM me for more details

Wireless is my living I'll leave it that.
absorbed is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
Sleepy363
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 57

I have the Evo, and honestly I wish they would just make a 3g only Evo phone. I'm paying $10 a month extra, but my phone would rarely ever kick into 4g mode, even in areas shown to have strong coverage (unless you are very close to a sprint store, then oddly enough, it kicks into 4g). So I stopped even searching for 4g at all because I didn't want my battery to just drain searching for something I could rarely even get.
Sleepy363 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Captain Caveman
Valued Poster

I have the Evo as well and I find that the 4G is pretty much useless. Turning on the 4G just really chews up my battery life. It's easier to hook into free wi-fi.
Captain Caveman is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

I've had Clear WiMax service since it was introduced and it's been great. 4M down and 0.9M up, pretty reliably. I leave it in the car and the Wifi hotspot it creates is strong enough to reach into the cafe where i'm sitting with my iPad. $40/month for unlimited data, which is key. Verizon's LTE looked good until I saw the cap. No thanks, I'm happy enough with my unlimited Clear service.

I don't know why the OP is so high on Verizon. "Verizon will be making history in 4G introduction on large scale beating everyone as always for being FIRST to introduce future technologies." I've had my Clear WiMax service for a year now, Verizon is only launching now. AT&T has the iPhone and the iPad and it took Verizon 2 years to come up with something comparable. AT&T's network is compatible with global networks whereas Verizon's core network is CDMA (yuchh!).

LTE will likely turn into the 'new GSM', but be warned – fantastic data speeds are pointless if your data usage is capped, which is part of Verizon's current rate plan.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #7
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Do you have any idea how much data you actually use L4L?

Oh and selling a service for a cheap price with no caps is a sure fire path to bankruptcy. Grab it while you can because they will have to raise prices and likely institute caps so they can actually run a profitable network that can afford to expand.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

I use a lot of data, but granted, I'm not a typical user. I have SlingPlayer on my iPhone and iPad and a hand-made mount on the console so when I'm in the car, I'm usually streaming CNN or ESPN. I also upload/download a lot of graphics-heavy presentations for review and/or sharing.

The bottom line is video. If you're going to be streaming video or moving digital files up and down your link, the caps are a concern. Otherwise, not usually an issue. Unfortunately, Internet video delivery is growing significantly every month.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Then keep clear for now. No reason to not take advantage of their bare bones pricing. I have (had) it as well. Just know that their lack of growth in coverage is due to the fact that they do not charge enough for the service they wish to provide. As you may have seen their primary investors have cut off the funding and they are seeking new investors.

Btw, bad boy watching video in the car :-)

I listen to my NFL Redzone on sundays in the car too :-)
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

The biggest danger with watching tv in the car is that the Cowboys may put me in the frame of mind for a good road rage incident because the f*ing defense is so shitty. Kitna is the reserve QB for crying out loud, yet he's getting the job done, even if he has to run for a 1st down himself. No matter what he does, the defense makes sure that the other team stays in contention. Sigh.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #11
hobbygiik
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Verizon's LTE is nice, but not worth the cap, I'm currently using Clear and have enjoyed it so far. I hope that they bring out an unlimited plan once the network has been completely released, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I am however looking forward to the Storm 3 which is gonna be 4G.
hobbygiik is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women