Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70786
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60798
gman4453286
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48625
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42465
CryptKicker37210
The_Waco_Kid36919
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 AM   #16
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
I wasn't alive for that, but I was alive for Reagan getting shot...my reaction was a little different than crying and mourning though as I recall...

"You gotta rob to get rich in the Reagan era." - Nino Brown (Wesley Snipes, New Jack City)
Now that one....I do remember...as much for the reactions of my father as anything. He had just retired so he was home when I got in from school with the TV on...which was unusual for him as he never watched it much during the day. We watched it all afternoon as he talked about what it was like in the country when Kennedy was shot. He talked about the attempt on Truman's life at Blair House in 1950. He was there that day & the White House policeman who was killed in that attack was his friend. Interesting stuff that I doubt it ever would have occurred to me to ask him about otherwise.

I also remember the ABC anchor screaming at somebody off camera for handing him an inaccurate report that Reagan was dead. And Al Haig, of course...

What a bizarre day...
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 AM   #17
Raphael
BANNED

Encounters: 24

Well, I don't remember where I was when John Kennedy was shot. But I remember where I was when John-John Kennedy was caught crawling under his daddy's desk; I was crawling under my daddy's desk. John Jr and I we had something in common.

John Kennedy was not effective legislatively but he created the image of an America that was young and dynamic, the can-do-no-wrong, winning America of Michael de Bakey and of James Dean and of Neil Armstrong and of Athletes who'd win all the Gold at the Olympics.
Raphael is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #18
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

That was the day I separated from active duty. Most of that day I worried over whether they'd recall my ass. At the time I thought Lyndon Johnson was behind it, and figured he'd get the country into ass-deep kim-chee.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #19
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I remember that moment just like it was yesterday. I was in 9th grade, in PE class, and Coach sat us all down and told us the news.

Such a sad day/era.
bbkid is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #20
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

My mom was 13. She said they turned on the radio in her classroom and her teacher fainted when they announced he was dead.
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak View Post
That was the day I separated from active duty.
Then you knew "we" were in S.E. Asia when Kennedy took office ....
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #22
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Then you knew "we" were in S.E. Asia when Kennedy took office ....
Ike was President when I got yanked off that bus and onto them footprints at Parris Island and I had never even heard of no Viet Nam. Indochina, yeah; Dien Bien Phu, yeah...but I was a clueless little rube mostly covered up in ignorance...

Later, one of the Gunnies who survived the Frozen Chosin in Nov-Dec 1950 told me that the brokedown Marines who had fought their way out ...their 1 Marine Division vs a Friggin' Commie Chinese PLA Army Group, not army, Army Group ... regrouped just after they cleared the final squeezed up pass before reaching a zone of relative safety, got their gyrene asses in formation, and marched in cadence back to the little town singing this little song that included something along the lines of "kicking commie ass in Saigon."

I never got shot at except by this civilian before I ever enlisted. The closest I came to action was in October, 1962....so-called Cuban Missile Crisis...I was just a stinking Lance Cpl but it appeared to me we were a cunthair away from going to Cuba. My whole reason for joining was to kill commies, so I was very happy. Told y'all I was ignorant.

1950!
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #23
Smoke2nd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

One thing not often reported about JFK that feed the conspiracies whether theory or fact, is:

On June 4, 1963, a little known attempt was made to strip the Federal Reserve Bank of its power to loan money to the government at interest. On that day President John F. Kennedy signed Executive Order No. 11110 that returned to the U.S. government the power to issue currency, without going through the Federal Reserve. Mr. Kennedy's order gave the Treasury the power "to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury." This meant that for every ounce of silver in the U.S. Treasury's vault, the government could introduce new money into circulation. In all, Kennedy brought nearly $4.3 billion in U.S. notes into circulation. The ramifications of this bill are enormous.

This, IMO must have played a role in his demise. Is it any wonder after the trillions of dollars going to banks from the bailouts who the REAL powers are in the world?
Smoke2nd is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #24
TexasGator
Sexual Liber🐊ator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkid View Post
I remember that moment just like it was yesterday. I was in 9th grade, in PE class, and Coach sat us all down and told us the news.

Such a sad day/era.

9th grade? Damn you're old.

How can you call yourself bbkid? Is that like 350 lb guys named Tiny? Or bald guys named Curly? WTF?

Oh well, take solace in knowing you're not as old as BigTex. That sumbitch was in 9th grade when President McKinley was shot!

IF I were old enough to remember that infamous day, I would have been playing in the front yard when a friend rode up on his bicycle and said "The President's been shot." Of course, I'm not that old so that didn't happen - just sayin'
TexasGator is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #25
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Maybe It WASN'T Business, Maybe it Was Personal

Frank Sinatra made no secret about how much Joe Dimagio hated JFK, because of a personal insult in hitting on Marilyn Momroe while in Joe's presence. This of course lead to JFK's affair with Her, which added to the insult.

The Mafia loved Joe Dimagio. JFK was also screwing a Mafia Kingpins girlfriend, one Judith Extner, a beautiful brunette. This inflamed the Kingpin, who already harbored ill feelings because the Kennedys double crossed the Mafia after the election. The Mafia brought out the dead people to carry Chicago, which swung Il to Kennedy, thus giving him the electoral victory. The Kennedys then double crossed the Mafia by appointing RFK as AG, who then proceeded to go after Organized Crime.

Old Joe Kennedy then added futher insult by making it plain that the new President would have to stop associating with who he called a "saloon singer," Frank Sinatra. According to Peter Lawford, this absolutly inflamed Frank Sinatra.

In the mean time, Fidel Castro had a personal beef as well, since JFK tried to have him killed. The Mafia, through old Havana ties, linked up with Casto, and decided that this man needed to go. So, as a favor to Joe Dimagio, and Castro, they found a little ingrate, got him a Rifle, and placed him in the infamous Book Depository with a clear shot. They then had Jack Ruby get rid of Oswald. But that's another story.

So in the end, JFK was assissinated not only because he double crossed people who helped him, but because of personal insults to a Mafia Kingpin, Fidel Castro, and of course, two of their Heros, Joe Dimagio and Frank Sinatra.

In the God Father, it was never personal, it was always business. In this case, it just might have been personal,

People have been killed for less.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
... because the Kennedys double crossed the Mafia after the election. The Mafia brought out the dead people to carry Chicago, which swung Il to Kennedy, thus giving him the electoral victory. The Kennedys then double crossed the Mafia by appointing RFK as AG, who then proceeded to go after Organized Crime.

The Mafia, through old Havana ties, linked up with Casto, and decided that this man needed to go.

So in the end, JFK was assissinated ...
The relationship between "mafia" and the intelligence "community" grew out of the Sicilian connections who "snuck" spies into Europe through Italy, while at the same time the dock workers in the US (controlled by the mafia) kept an eye on who came and went in and out of the U.S. from "overseas." ... during WWII.

The Kennedy brothers also dismissed the intelligence "community" and minimized their influence in decision making ... publicly ...

.. that is not a good combination to have pissed at you.

Here's a "loop" ... Nixon learned of the "relationships" through his "associations" in Flroida and those "operatives" who were "unable" to enter and leave an office building without being detected (who had lawyers ready the next morning when they were arrested) opened the door to have him taken down and discredited.

There is more than one way to assassinate someone.

DTL ... "we" had about 8500 working SE Asia by the time Ike left ... and do not feel left out ... JFK wasn't told either until AFTER he was sworn. Cambodia and Laos were regular excursions and targeted.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #27
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGator View Post
Oh well, take solace in knowing you're not as old as BigTex. That sumbitch was in 9th grade when President McKinley was shot!

Rumors! Rumors, Rumors!!!

Not True!

It is time for me to set the record straight once and for all fer you yung whipper-snappers! FDR was in the final year of his 3rd term as President when I first entered the 9th Grade.

Harry Truman was in the final year of his 1st term in office before I finally completed all of my 9th grade classes!

And young feller: From this point forward, it is Mr. Sumbitch to you!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #28
Gator42
Account Disabled

Encounters: 34

The thing I remember about that day was wondering why my Mother and Grandmother were crying while they watched TV.
My Mom told me what had happened but I was 3 so it really didn't register with me.
Looking back it was a sad event ,one that should never happen to any US President.
I am not a fan of JFK (politically) but I regret that his life was cut short.
Gator42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #29
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews
Default I feel crappy now

you remember when you were three?
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #30
Gator42
Account Disabled

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxury daphne View Post
you remember when you were three?
Not everything but I do remember that day.
Gator42 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women