Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60409
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48456
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41675
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36061
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #16
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

"Also, Fox news fair and balanced??? i mean come onlet's be honest. If they do have a Democratic guest he/she will get hammered and every time that Democratic guest makes an accurate reply or comment that get cut off or interrupted."

I think this depends on which show your watching, Oriely allows speaking unless the person is obviously lying, but then Chris Matthews shouts people down all the time. If the only shows you watch on FOX are Hannity, Beck and Huckaby I would agree with you that it might be conservative, but if you watch Smith, Greta and Geraldo you would have a different view.

I think the subject we have neglected and is ultimately the most important one is whether or not Spongue Bob Square Pants is a liberal or a conservative.I tend to think Liberal and Crabby might be conservative, but I am not sure.

By the way if Hannity was shown as the weaker one then your saying that the Liberal version Combs was being portayed as the stronger side, if that what you wanted to say?
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #17
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
"Also, Fox news fair and balanced??? i mean come onlet's be honest. If they do have a Democratic guest he/she will get hammered and every time that Democratic guest makes an accurate reply or comment that get cut off or interrupted."

I think this depends on which show your watching, Oriely allows speaking unless the person is obviously lying, but then Chris Matthews shouts people down all the time. If the only shows you watch on FOX are Hannity, Beck and Huckaby I would agree with you that it might be conservative, but if you watch Smith, Greta and Geraldo you would have a different view.

I think the subject we have neglected and is ultimately the most important one is whether or not Spongue Bob Square Pants is a liberal or a conservative.I tend to think Liberal and Crabby might be conservative, but I am not sure.

By the way if Hannity was shown as the weaker one then your saying that the Liberal version Combs was being portayed as the stronger side, if that what you wanted to say?
Sorry meant to say Combs was potrayed as the weaker less aggressive one. I agree perhaps watching Beck, Huckaby and Hannity one would conclude that those 3 are very one sided skewed to the right. I'Reily I will give him credit he does bring on opposing views but i just get the feeling whenever he's caught by the opposite side he resorts to yelling and interrupting his guest. On the other Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow rarely have anyone from the opposing view to debate- Matthews will debate with others but yes he tends to shout them down a lot. I really admire Anderson Cooper- also one guy who I really like because he will call you out regardless of what party you belong to is Bill Maher. Also, Jesse Ventura needs to get his own show and not a conspiracy show but his own news talk show.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #18
dirty dog
Valued Poster

I could watch Maher, even though he is liberal as hell, I can watch him until he get on his religion rants. His interview with the former UN ambassader whose name escapes me but he was a very controversial choice by Bush, but the interview was good and you could tell that Maher got a little respect for the guy, who handled himself very well.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Understand, Hannity, Mathews, Olbermann, etc. are opinion guys, not news. Of course Hannity is going to be biased, it is his job. But the straight ahead news guys on Fox seem to be the most balanced, but most of the straight ahead cable news is reasonably fair. Network news is atrocious. But don't confuse the opinion guys with news. It is their job to rile people up and take sides.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #20
dirty dog
Valued Poster

I remember the guys name it is Bolton.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #21
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I have noted that almost everytime a partisan topic comes up and a republican is the guest Fox makes it a point to say that their opponent or a democrat source was invited to go on the air. Many times they bring on Juan Williams, Dr. Lamont Hill, or Kirsten Powers to comment and other times no one apparently wanted to defend the liberal position.

As for NPR, I also noticed that everytime the discussion turns to politics then we have a guest from the former Clinton or Carter is here to discuss the issue or they bring on a sitting democratic politician. I have a good memory and I believe it is a fair memory but I cannot remember a time when a former or sitting republican was brought on to comment. If such a thing happened it would be an event to remember.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #22
Bubba
ECCIE Ambassador

In my opinion all news organizations are slanted, some more then others. As often as possible I prefer first hand information. I prefer to form my own opinions, not have them told to me.
Bubba is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #23
HeyMikie
Lifetime Premium Access

One way to watch unbiased U.S. news is to leave the country and watch various foreign broadcasts. Most U.S. based broadcasters are skewing the news to meet the demands of their advertisers. BBC Canada is pretty good, with a marked difference from the slant of BBC America. Stateside, I like NPR and McNeil-Lehrer.
HeyMikie is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #24
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I get my news from eccie & the links they provide also I like o'riley & that meddows chick. oh don't forget playboy all ways learn good things from there
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women