Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162976
Yssup Rider60624
gman4453270
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48574
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42223
CryptKicker37196
The_Waco_Kid36584
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I am torn. What do others think about this?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/486649...ay-today_news/

Not sure how I feel about the Cops just being able to enter your property without a search
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

if a neighbor called about the party the cops didnt need a search warrant ... teens drunk in the yard and the house and theres an adult on duty, the adult is pretty much in the blender (pun)

sounds like a little diplomatic effort on the girls part could have sofetned the situation if not got them a walk ..

theres my 2
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Good point.

My concern is more a private property issue.

Making it illegal to give teenagers beer, that are going to go drink anyway seems counter productive. '

Same as making it illegal to give your teenagers birth control...

Maybe you just can not give others beer or birth control, still that seems different from when I was a kid.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

If you are going to break the law, don't do it in plain view.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

I am torn. What do others think about this? Do they do doubles?...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You who supports Obama, the NDAA, the Patriot Act and Fast and Furious are concerned when police break up an underage drinking party, and enter a house where criminal activity can be clearly seen from outside?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
I am torn. What do others think about this? Do they do doubles?...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
If you are going to break the law, don't do it in plain view.

'nuff said.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

You obviously have limited experience as a parent. Teenage parties with alcohol frequently end in people getting shot or severely injured in fights. These kids can't keep a secret and soon after the party starts, undesirables and troublemakers start showing up. My son was at a party where two teenagers were shot and killed, and he had to testify at three trials.

Fuck a god damn search warrant. Get in there and disperse the crowd before the fights and shootings start. It's common sense...duh.
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Police need a search warrant to be able to search for items they can't see. They can't just enter a house and search for fun. BUT, if the criminal activity can be seen from outside the house, the probable cause threshold has been met, so no search warrant is needed. It sounds like the police acted correctly in this case.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Police DO NOT need a search warrant to be able to search for items they can't see. .... BUT, if the criminal activity can be seen OR HEARD from outside the house, the probable cause threshold has been met, so no search warrant is needed. It sounds like the police acted correctly in this case.
There fixed it for you.

A rough estimate is that about 95% (if not more) of the "searches" by police are warrantless. Not all are legit, but result in a ride or the destruction of contraband in lieu of "the ride."

The US Supreme Court (and a lot of state courts) have crafted a substantial number of "exceptions" to the 4th amendment warrant requirement and most of them were spawned from the whiskey running days (exigent circumstances) and the growth of our mobile/vehicle/cell phone/internet/ etc. etc. 21st century technological expansion.

..hearing and smelling.. are senses that the police may use to justify action.

Moral: If folks are gonna have "parties" .. keep the blinds closed, windows closed, and the sound/noise ... so it cannot be heard outside..... and for God's sake don't pass out a bunch of flyers announcing that "we gonna party' tonight!

Footnote: As I understand the article the Mom ran to her house when police were trying to arrest her for a felony, and fleeing then from the felony arrest would be a felony ... so they were in "hot pursuit" when they entered her house ... which is generally legal without researching Colorado law ....

... this ain't baseball .... "you" are not "safe" when you get "home"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

[QUOTE=LexusLover;3058825]There fixed it for you.

A rough estimate is that about 95% (if not more) of the "searches" by police are warrantless. Not all are legit, but result in a ride or the destruction of contraband in lieu of "the ride."

I laugh every time I watch one of those cop shows and they ask the idiot if they can search their car and they give permission. All they have to do is say yes if you have a search warrant .
Dawgs is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
LexusLover
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=Dawgs;3058848]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I laugh every time I watch one of those cop shows and they ask the idiot if they can search their car and they give permission. All they have to do is say yes if you have a search warrant .
I suppose it will depend on why the officer stopped the "idiot" in the first place. I see "idiots" driving around town every time I drive around town who are "inviting" LE to stop them and (search) their vehicle. For instance: cut a stop sign/red light ... get arrested .. tow the vehicle ... do an "inventory search" of the vehicle.....find contraband or paraphernalia ... added charge ... get the ride. The "idiot" doesn't have to say "yes" ... "idiot" can say "no."

As for saying "yes" ... there are folks who do not know what "friends" have left in their vehicle (like in the backseat floor board or ash trays) and say "yes," because they think they have nothing to hide, because they do not know there is any "thing" in the vehicle.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I have been stopped and asked many times if they can take a look in my car. My response has always been with a search warrant. They may keep me on the side of the road a little longer but never been searched. They can look at anything a driver may have access to from the drivers seat for their own safety including under the seat, but not the trunk or a locked glove box. If they were to arrest you for only running a stop sign, I bet with the right lawyer it would be thrown out as they don't arrest everybody that runs a stop sign.

I won't even answer most bogus question. I learned a long time ago to keep my mouth shut around LE, because anything you say can and will be used against you.
Dawgs is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

I think the author was trying to prejudice the reader from the get go with the slutty picture of the teen. Sloppy reporting IMHO. One has nothing to do with the other. Although, her mother sounds like a looser. This is her second arrest in two months, and who would let their minor daughter, other than Billy Ray Sirus and Brook Shields’ mother, even take a photo like that? It’s exploitation.

Anyway, it sounds like they [the minors and the adult] were drinking and partying on the front lawn. I would think it’s probable cause and entrance into the home would be legal. Neighbors can call about a party all they want if the music was down and all the partiers, minors or not, were out of public site, I would think that there is no probable cause and therefore the police can’t enter the dwelling. Pretty much it’s one neighbor’s word against another neighbor’s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Making it illegal to give teenagers beer, that are going to go drink anyway seems counter productive. '

Same as making it illegal to give your teenagers birth control....
Ya think! It just puts them in the streets drunk. It should be “illegal”, but a Class B misdemeanor at the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynagetlaid View Post
Fuck a god damn search warrant. Get in there and disperse the crowd before the fights and shootings start. It's common sense...duh.
These are the dangerous thoughts that are stripping us of our Liberty and Republic. Thank God there is a Constitution to protect us from ourselves.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women