Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35942
Mojojo33117

Old 07-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #46
CJ7
Valued Poster

its all your fault speed, just ask the idiots
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #47
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Another commie on the board. Just kidding. I get accused by the liberals of being a heartless conservative, by the conservatives of being a heart bleeding liberal Obamabot, and the truth is that I'm neither. Lefties and Righties are indoctrinated and no matter what they're always right (interestingly they're mostly wrong). I'm also not a Libertartian, Ron Paul's statement of cutting $1T of the budget (though impossible) in his first year tells me he's smoking and drinking something that makes him hallucinate.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

ICUP, the government can raise spending by $1 trillion in a year, why can't they cut $1 trillion in a year? Sounds doable to me.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #49
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
ICUP, the government can raise spending by $1 trillion in a year, why can't they cut $1 trillion in a year? Sounds doable to me.

any idea what would happen to the immediate economy if you jerked 1 trillion dollars out of the scenario

no?

didnt think so
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #50
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ok. Then let's just not add to the deficit. That would work, too.

The consequences of not controlling spending far exceed the consequences of controlling spending. But as an Obamaton, I don't expect you to be able to see that.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #51
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

$1 trillion of less government spending simply yanked from the GDP would:

- Reduce revenue for all the private companies that provide services to the government
- Increase unemployment by having to lay off hundreds of thousands of government workers
- Private industries that lose revenue would also have to lay off hundreds of thousands of workers
- More workers in unemployment without the private industry to absorb them would mean less consumer spending
- Less consumer spending would mean less profits across the private sector
- Less profits across the private sector means more layoffs
- Less profits also means the markets would decline as investors won't see the returns expected from their investments
- Lower prices in stocks means loss of value across 401ks and other long term investments the middle class counts on as part of their savings
- Lower prices in stocks means less investors willing to invest in the U.S.

There are probably more consequences, but those are the ones that come to mind immediately. Deficits are not good, they need to be controlled, debt is definitely out of control, but doing it cold turkey would mean the biggest depression the world has ever seen. As you reduce deficits, there has to be consumer spending and private industry investment to make up for the loss in GDP.

Please note that I don't condone spending so don't twist my words. You just have to be cautious about how you control spending.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #52
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Ok. Then let's just not add to the deficit. That would work, too.

The consequences of not controlling spending far exceed the consequences of controlling spending. But as an Obamaton, I don't expect you to be able to see that.

I told you you didnt know and you dont, so blame it on me for asking you the question ..

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #53
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

ICUP, and how will continued uncontrolled spending stop those events from occurring? All that will happen on a much greater scale unless we do something now.

When you are heading toward a cliff, do you want to slow down gradually, or do you want to slam on the brakes? It will hurt to slam on the brakes, but it will hurt much more to go over the cliff.

$1 trillion cut right now is only the beginning.

But it won't happen, so don't worry. No one with the balls to do what is necessary is "electable." So hang on, we're going over the cliff! Hope you have your seat belt fastened.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #54
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

When heading to a cliff, you might want to take a detour and find a way to have a controlled descent. But don't worry, neither you or I are at the wheel, so we don't have to make that choice, it will be made for us by whoever is in power (and that's not the President, you know that). As for me, I don't fasten my seatbelt, I'm bringing my parachute with me (meaning, I'm bailing out - passport and plane ticket is all I'll need). If you don't have one, your SOL.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #55
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Parachute - check! Much better idea. I'll work on getting my parachute packed.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #56
CJ7
Valued Poster

fly private and sip a single malt

no chute needed
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #57
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
any idea what would happen to the immediate economy if you jerked 1 trillion dollars out of the scenario

no?

didnt think so
If jerking a trillion out of the economy would make it crash, then surely adding another trillion would make it boom. No, actually we tried that. Deficit spending is killing us, the same way it is killing Europe. We need to live within our means. We need to spend less. It's not rocket science. Contrary to Joe Biden's belief, we don't need to spend more to keep from going bankrupt.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #58
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
Another commie on the board. Just kidding. I get accused by the liberals of being a heartless conservative, by the conservatives of being a heart bleeding liberal Obamabot, and the truth is that I'm neither. Lefties and Righties are indoctrinated and no matter what they're always right (interestingly they're mostly wrong). I'm also not a Libertartian, Ron Paul's statement of cutting $1T of the budget (though impossible) in his first year tells me he's smoking and drinking something that makes him hallucinate.
I just wonder who is left for you after ruling out all of them? I know that there are other 3rd party candidates. However using the political spectrum quiz you ruled out the top the left and the right. That leaves Statist and Centrist. I am not sure what candidat woud fill either of those shoes?

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #59
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

If Romney wins it's only because people are sick of Obama, not because they have the confidence that Mitt will turn things around. It's choosing the lesser of two evils like that Bush vs. Kerry/Edwards thing in 2004.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #60
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

What's left is the people that want common sense restored, the people that don't want partisanship and want elected officials to actually do their fucking job instead of playing games like kindergarten children. I assure you, there are a lot of us, we're called swing voters and we don't have an allegiance to any party. We make parties win or lose elections, and unfortunately, the institutional dictatorship imposed by the ruling parties don't allow us to have more choices when it comes to elections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
I just wonder who is left for you after ruling out all of them? I know that there are other 3rd party candidates. However using the political spectrum quiz you ruled out the top the left and the right. That leaves Statist and Centrist. I am not sure what candidat woud fill either of those shoes?

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women