Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70782
biomed163123
Yssup Rider60781
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48621
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42450
CryptKicker37209
The_Waco_Kid36899
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #16
Hook
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by makmak View Post
It is a very low quality diamond. The clarity is barely acceptable, and the color will have a slight yellowish tint to it. I would stay away.
Funny how many peeps said the ring was beautyful and for him to buy it. All three stones are below average for a ring. The big stone has a crack in it and could split at any time for any reason, like temperature change or it could be fine forever. What I would do is get an appraisal or get the stones certified from a third party. I think he can do much better than this. Buying loose stones and then having them set by your jeweler is my recomendation.
Hook is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #17
Hook
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba3452 View Post
Used to a jewelry buyer . Low quality and color ring. Not even a properly shaped stone. Without a personal inspection by a certified jeweler I would be very concerned risking that amount of money. That feather inclusion is basicly a very fine crack running through the stone. Might never be a problem or the first time you bang it or drop it, you may have 2 stones
We must have been posting at the same time cuz I didnt see this post. Very sound advice IMHO
Hook is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #18
the pragmatist
Valued Poster

Once upon a time I was in the "biz" and due to the "durability-threatening feather inclusio" (meaning it could crack) and the fact that you can't get it independently appraised or evaluated, I would stay away!
the pragmatist is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #19
averythomas
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2331
My ECCIE Reviews

It's a big ring at a great price! It will not sparkle. The past 3 & over carat rings I have had were in the 15k range. Perfect diamond. I am guessing your son is in his 20's its a great starter ring
averythomas is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
Fort Worth Punk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Gotta agree w/ Bubba on this one. The color, clarity and that inclusion are deal killers on that stone.

It would be better to buy a smaller, higher quality, stone.
Fort Worth Punk is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #21
fobolous
Account Disabled

Encounters: 40

i am in the business of designing and building custom jewelry, i have a guy that can take a picture like this and redesign the ring exactly as is with the exact type of center diamond you want, and its at a wholesale price rather than a rip off price like the retailers....i did a ring for a buddy off the tiffany's concept that was meant to be 75k, and did it for 23k....the biggest cost is the center stone, we buy wholesale diamonds from another country and save tons that we pass on to customers.

if your interested, hit me up, we can look into it for you and save you some money.
fobolous is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #22
up4u
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Darn Emily the ring I picked out for you was twice that size!
LOL,
UP4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyEzzell View Post
It's gorgeous. Love the baguettes. It's size may make it vulnerable to getting beat up. Taking in to consideration how active she is in her daily life. I'm with Honey Rose - have him ask her close friend. I'm sure this is so exciting for you and your son!
up4u is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Marie View Post
I'm glad he is using his money on something important like an engagement ring.
no comment. wish him well though.
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #24
Tina Marie
BANNED

User ID: 44946

My son decided the other ring was not worth the risk after I told him about all of the negative feedback I got. He is now considering this ring

http://www.idonowidont.com/diamonds/...ngagement-ring

Should he purchase this ring?

Would he be able to enlarge the ring from size 7 to 9?

The ring is only one carat but I think it would be a good starter ring.
Tina Marie is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #25
cookie man
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Well I think it is a very nice ring, but it's boring. He could always add some small stones later though. Whatever ring he picks out should reflect the likes, personality, style of his fiancee. It's not about size...it's about taste. It's about what he likes and thinks his fiancee will love. My opinion.
cookie man is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:43 AM   #26
Hobbyfun
Lifetime Premium Access

Tina tell your son to go to a local jewelry store and pick out a ring, DON"T buy anything without looking and feeling it.

No matter what anybody says you can go to Whitehall Jewelers and pick out a ring and haggle out the price with them, If the manger will not haggle tell him to call corporate they want to sell rings even at a lower profit margin.

I have been buying rings for 30 years and you can buy a ring for between 40% to 55% of asking price and they will take it. It might take you 1 to 2 hours to make the deal but it will happen.

And before anybody jumps on me for haggling if you can save $500.00 to $5000.00 in 1 to 2 hours were else can you make that kind of money and the way I see it if you can save that much it is just like making that much money.
Hobbyfun is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #27
Hook
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyfun View Post
Tina tell your son to go to a local jewelry store and pick out a ring, DON"T buy anything without looking and feeling it.

No matter what anybody says you can go to Whitehall Jewelers and pick out a ring and haggle out the price with them, If the manger will not haggle tell him to call corporate they want to sell rings even at a lower profit margin.

I have been buying rings for 30 years and you can buy a ring for between 40% to 55% of asking price and they will take it. It might take you 1 to 2 hours to make the deal but it will happen.

And before anybody jumps on me for haggling if you can save $500.00 to $5000.00 in 1 to 2 hours were else can you make that kind of money and the way I see it if you can save that much it is just like making that much money.
Good advice in my opinion. The new ring is better, but he can do even better. I wouldn't consider anything below vvs for a ring and would never buy a stone before i saw its fire with my own eyes.
Hook is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #28
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ze~ View Post
Perhaps have him buy the ring as part of the "formal" set and get her a more simple and less expensive "everyday" ring.

Also.. make sure his ass looks into insurance!! Even if she has to get the insurance for the ring, if it is dropped down a drain, or stolen off her dresser... the last thing he wants is to have her crying about it for years to come. It takes time getting used to carrying something that big around! I have heard too many stories of horrible things happening to the engagement rings lately. Would hate to hear she won't have it for her wedding day pics etc.

I hate wearing rings, I always beat the shit out of them, they catch on stuff and I am hard on em. I want a rock on a string around my neck. (and I don't mean a cinder block/rope to be tossed into the river with *wink*)

Hmmmm, bad news if she thinks that HE'S the insurance policy for it if it's lost.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #29
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Tell your son "There is still time."
pyramider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women