Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70752
biomed162882
Yssup Rider60559
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48527
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42076
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36433
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Is Texas A & M Better Off In The SEC
Yes - Better Off In The SEC 5 55.56%
No - Should Stay In The Big 12 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38
Default Is Texas A & M Better Off In The SEC?

Is Texas A & M better off in the SEC?

Yes or No...and then your comments?
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
Guest082824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

NOOOOOOOOO

They will get STOMPED in the SEC, at least in football
Don't care or know enough about the other sports....

Why in the world would they want to join a conference that they have NO chance of winning?

Oh yeah, $$$$$$$$$

The #1 reason why we don't have a playoff right now... *sigh*
Guest082824 is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
Guest021824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 102

THey should have stayed in the BIG 12............

I would hope one day they eliminate the bowl series and go to a playoff system. IT is one big racket..........schools are making the big bucks and if the students get anything.....then it is a NCAA violation..........

SEC has always been a powerhouse in Football...........They will take several years to get established.
Guest021824 is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
djdude
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

Yes. It is worth it just to be away from parasites like Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State and a lot of the other crap that is so much of the Big 12.
djdude is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
aggietigger
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 9

No, but there is not a good deal to say about staying in a unstable conference. Texas has previously talked about moving west. Colorado and Nebraska left. The Big 12 is promising money that it can't produce on its books. The Texas Longhorn Network \ ESPN Deal is a game changer for recruitment and money and balance of power.

Yes the Aggies will get spanked for a few years as they adjust and recruit for a more physical football game and build up a better ground defense, but it will eventually make for good football watching.

What they are saying makes sense when it comes to financial stability.

I just wish Baylor would sit down and stop making waves for the sake of making waves. Do they really think that threatening to sue a fellow conference school and block moves by other schools will make them look more attractive to other conferences if\when they need to find a new home? And pushing the decision on another school (Oklahoma) to avoid the sense of responsibility is as transparent as glass.
aggietigger is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
aggie87
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

its happening today.....a new era in aggie football
aggie87 is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
causewaycommuter
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 14

Sorry, I couldn't resist from commenting on this thread.

Aside from money, I can't see why T A&M would want to join the SEC. They would start off in the bottom third....maybe the middle...of the SEC West. I'm not aware of A&M being a recent (like the last 20 years) consistent powerhouse in the Big 12. I understand that Texas has an extreme amount of highschool talent to recruit from. But in order to succedd in the SEC, you have to have ridiculous speed in addition to the talent, and also have ridiculous depth.

The current state of flux the conferences are experiencing is a REAL problem for the NCAA. I can see there being 4 or 5 super conferences & those super conferences tell the NCAA that they will form their own governing body & it's own playoff/bowl structure. Then what...

It's a mess. But I think A&M is setting itself up for failure by jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
causewaycommuter is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
jimmycz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

Success and the Big 12 just will not go in the same sentence after this year. When Nebraska and Colorado took better deals and bailed last year the handwriting was on the wall. I guess OU/ Nebraska rivalry just did not mean as much as money. Watching Stoops say all but goodbye as writing this. Texas well do you really think they will stay in conference with no OU, OSU, Nebraska, Colorado, and yes A&M. Sorry it has come to this but time to move on, hear Baylor!

The farm clubs of the NFL are all looking for major markets, sponsors, advertising, and yes $$$$$$$$! As a former sudent I can think of no better fit for A & M and its traditions that the SEC. Where the hell else would fit better? The Big 10? Having lived in Columbus I can tell you no way that was a possibity. The PAC however many? Sorry but the left coast and the Corp marching at halftime, that would be a true Aggie joke.

Actually this departure as far as I am concerned really started with 2 things, the demise of the SWC and my favorite TV channel ESPN. The reviaries for old SWC never developed any further than Texas/OU. Not long ago friends on any given Saturday if you were lucky you could watch maybe 5 game on the box. Now unless you are tryin to watch North Texas vs Lamar, and not even sure that's not on, I can watch 4 games at any given hour from 11AM to midnight. Money rules plain and simple!

I certainly do not blame Texas for the Longhorn Network. They cut the best deal they could for themselves. Whatever the score in the games in the SEC for A&M it is time to look forward and not back. I look forward to seeing the Lady Aggie's play the Vols and LSU. Going to a game in Alabama should be a great experience with Nick Saben pn the sideline.

So best wishes to the Big 12 for as long as it last. I hope with time some of the wounds heal between us and we both will act in a classy manner and at least be able to rekindly some old memories with some home and away schedules permit but will not hold my breath, Lastly Baylor get a life and get a clue as you most likely will be enjoying tou stay in the Southland conference!
jimmycz is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Personally I think not. Right now all everyone is thinking about is football but you have a LOT of other sports such as tennis, golf, swimming, even archery that compete against other Big 12 schools. These sports have limited budgets and are constantly under pressure due to their limited income. Now instead of being able to bus to within the state for some competition they have to travel as far away as South Carolina. This is going to put a real strain on all of these sports.

Also if A & M was pissed because UT was the big dog in the conference how do you think they will fit in with the SEC? They are going to be so far down the pecking order it is going to be a real shock to them once they realize it.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickEmDown View Post
NOOOOOOOOO

They will get STOMPED in the SEC, at least in football
Don't care or know enough about the other sports....

Why in the world would they want to join a conference that they have NO chance of winning?

Oh yeah, $$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdude View Post
Yes. It is worth it just to be away from parasites like Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State and a lot of the other crap that is so much of the Big 12.
Pretty much how i feel, they will get the shit kicked out of them....btw I voted yes mistake mods can you change my vote please. Thanks!
Mojojo is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
trickydicky
Valued Poster

No. A couple of nights ago Mark May ask the same question to Dr. Lou that I am putting before the forum. Why doesn't A & M stop bitching and start their own Aggie Network, is it lack of money(google George Mitchell, etc) or is it lack of influence( Robert Gates etc), I just do not understand. By the way Dr. Lou was speechlees and gave no answer, threw up his hands and just smiled, he knew May had hit the nail squarely on the head. By the way I attended both schools, UT and A & M.
trickydicky is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #12
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I didn't vote. As other's have said it comes down to money and the ability to recruit.

I just hope that they are on TV more as the only game I caught last year was part of the tu game.

BTW, the Big 12 is dead. There's no way A&M could have stayed in.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
jimmycz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

So long to Texas University, so long to OU and OSU orange and white. Hello to SEC "The football confence" they are the boys who have the fight! Goodbye to the Big 8, no 12. no 10, no 9, well maybe 4! Done!
jimmycz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women