Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70753
biomed162906
Yssup Rider60560
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48528
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42082
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36440
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #16
wikdj
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

I'm not a fan of any politician or any party. But to follow up on Bigtex; yes the guy at the helm has some other years of experience as a legislator, but look at his voting record. If was more often, than not, that he merely voted present, thus not taking a stance to which he could claim he actually stood for and acted. He has no voting record to stand on and make claims. And he, like other politicians over in the other branch of government having problems right now, seem to have forgotten their roles and what powers are held by whom. As a constitutional law professor, he of all, should be well aware of those roles and powers, should he not?
wikdj is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #17
Squirrel88
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
If I am not mistaken he also taught constitutional law at University of Chicago law school
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdj View Post
As a constitutional law professor, he of all, should be well aware of those roles and powers, should he not?
Quote:
http://www.law.uchicago.edu/media

The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer."
From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.
Senior Lecturer... HE TALKED A LOT! To me he got perfect practice at what he is doing now, hearing himself talk. That man loves the sound of his own voice. No matter if he is saying anything or not. Once he retires for Presidency in next year, he can always become a preacher, instead of what he is doing now.... A snake oil salesman.

I heard in college you have a lot of first experiences. I wonder, while as Senior Lecturer, he had his first experience with a teleprompter?
Squirrel88 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:37 AM   #18
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
And he, like other politicians over in the other branch of government having problems right now, seem to have forgotten their roles and what powers are held by whom.
For the record, Obama's roll call record while in the US Senate:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/pers...0629&tab=votes

By contrast, McCain's roll call record while in the US Senate:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/pers...0071&tab=votes

The graphs clearly illustrate the large number of missed votes while they were running for POTUS!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #19
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel88 View Post
I wonder, while as Senior Lecturer, he had his first experience with a teleprompter?
I suspect there are very few, if any Prefessors, Lecturer's or Senior Lecturer's in Law School who use a "teleprompter" in class.

Just sayin'
Old 07-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #20
Squirrel88
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
And he, like other politicians over in the other branch of government having problems right now, seem to have forgotten their roles and what powers are held by whom. As a constitutional law professor, he of all, should be well aware of those roles and powers, should he not?
Quote:
For the record, Obama's roll call record while in the US Senate:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/pers...0629&tab=votes

By contrast, McCain's roll call record while in the US Senate:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/pers...0071&tab=votes

The graphs clearly illustrate the number of missed votes while they were running for POTUS!
You lost me, BigTex. You quoted wikdj. Where do these two statements have anything to do with one another?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
Squirrel88
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
I doubt it, I do not believe there are many "Senior Lecturer's" in Law School who use a "teleprompter."

Just sayin'
Probably so, in another words he was good at blowing hot air on his own? Even then...

BigTex, where do you think he got his first experience... With a teleprompter?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #22
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
You lost me, BigTex. You quoted wikdj. Where do these two statements have anything to do with one another?
Quote:
yes the guy at the helm has some other years of experience as a legislator, but look at his voting record.
Sorry it went over your head!

The relevance is that wikdj made reference to Obama's voting record, or lack thereof, while a Senator. I did not agree or disagree with his assessment. I did however, link Obama's roll call voting record while he was in the US Senate. There were numerous missed votes while Obama was running for POTUS. In contrast, I also posted McCain's voting record while he was in the Senate. JMac also had numerous missed votes while he was running for POTUS in both 2000 and 2008. It is quite apparent, they both missed quite a few votes, especially while they were running for POTUS. Perhaps many of those votes were on the same bills!

Quote:
BigTex, where do you think he got his first experience... With a teleprompter?
Since you asked I googled "Presidents use of teleprompters" and quickly learned that both Obama and Reagan were comfortable using a teleprompter. George W. Bush apparently was not! In any event the President's words are carefully scripted, whether it be by teleprompter (Reagan, Obama) or index cards (GW Bush).

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...59-503544.html

Quite frankly, Obama's use of a teleprompter is of little importance to me! If he would prefer to use index cards, I would find that acceptable as well. The method of delivery seems to be much more of a concern to the Tree Rats of America crowd! I am curious, when Reagan used a teleprompter, were you concerned? By the same token, were you concerned with GW's use of index cards? Or is your "teleprompter" obsession only with Obama?

As far as I am concerned, I am much more concerned with the content of the words. The method of delivery isn't on my radar screen!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #23
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Where you fuc'ers been the last eleven years!

Whata ya'll do with the Bush tax cuts during a time of war? Fuc the caca outta some hookers? If not, be patriotic and take that money and pay down the debt!

This is what happens when a French Fry Cook drinks
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #24
wikdj
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

"The relevance is that wikdj made reference to Obama's voting record, or lack thereof, while a Senator. I did not agree or disagree with his assessment. I did however, link Obama's roll call voting record while he was in the US Senate. There were numerous missed votes while Obama was running for POTUS. In contrast, I also posted McCain's voting record while he was in the Senate."

Not supporting McCain here at all, so please don't take it that way, I think he is a complete douche. However, looking at the overall time in the Senate, his percentage is way higher than Obama, who spent most of his time while in the Senate, prepping for and running for President.

I think all professional politicians need to go the way of.......shall I say, providing nutrients for worms and plants. They have ALL put us in this position and they refuse to do anything sensible about it. I don't wish to try to take sides and say "what about what this one did?" That is pointless. They are all the flip side of the same coin.

So my call goes back to: What is wrong with a balanced budget amendment? Why are the sitting politicians so against the idea of it? I think we all know why, I would just like to see someone in a position of influence to call it for what it is.
wikdj is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #25
Squirrel88
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
I am curious, when Reagan used a teleprompter, were you concerned? By the same token, were you concerned with GW's use of index cards? Or is your "teleprompter" obsession only with Obama?
My opinion of Reagan is in his first 6 1/2 years he was a great player of chess with the USSR and won the cold war against them. While his last 1 and a half, I am surprised that he remembered where he was or what he was doing.

W on the other hand wasn't a world class hot air blower as O'Bama (He is part Irish you know). Matter of fact I think sometimes W had a hard time putting together a sentence.

To me W is just as much to blame as O'Bama with the current overspending that the government doing. W was spending like a drunken sailor, then O'Bama came along and took it to another level.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Not to be argumentative but it seems that you forgot....
How can one forget the qualification of...... "community organizer"?

Personally, I didn't prioritize the list of qualifications. His campaign did. So, as I consequence, it seems that such a well educated person would have emphasized his "strengths" and "accomplishments" first ... which was ..

..... a "community organizer" as his "administrative experience."

It occurs to me that if his "legislative experience" was significant, he would be able to "Lyndon-Johnson" the proposals he has championed through both houses of the legislature with the skill and determination of LBJ.

But he not only didn't, he can't. He is devoid of substance.

Like the man said: He is full of hot air. He sold snake oil and you bought it.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #27
Squirrel88
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
It occurs to me that if his "legislative experience" was significant, he would be able to "Lyndon-Johnson" the proposals he has championed through both houses of the legislature with the skill and determination of LBJ.
My favorite is that Obama thinks that he is the Democratic version of Reagan. Reagan didn't win the cold war by apologizing to the USSR about all of the bad things that the US did. He basically made the the USSR think that he was nuts and don't f*ck with him. He didn't go on any apology tours like Obama. If I remember my History correctly he built up forces along the NATO border and basically crippled and bankrupted the Soviet government. Our enemy's was scared of us with Reagan. With Obama? They will call him if they need to organize an award winning bake sale or crawfish boil.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #28
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Unlike the nay sayers, I will give extra credit where extra credit is due! You can all "bitch and moan 'till the cows come home," but you can't ignore the following facts:

The Cold War finally ended on Reagan's watch.

OBL finally "sleeps with the fishes" on Obama's watch resulting in al Qaeda's most devastating defeat since 9/11/01!

Purely from a foreign policy perspective these are the most significant American events of the Post Vietnam era. It does not matter to me whether they occurred during a Republican or Democratic Administration. All that matters is the end result!

It is with great pride that I say:

Way to go America!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:54 AM   #29
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Hmmmm, consider the following: Throughout history there have been very few Oval Office occupants with the ability to "Lyndon-Johnson" legislation through both houses any better than LBJ himself. In that regard, LBJ had few peers. As it relates to being able to champion legislation through both houses of Congress, Obama is no LBJ. However, it is hard to ignore the fact that Obama did campaign extensively for health care for all. You may not like the end result, and I strongly suspect you do not, but the issue was a cornerstone of his campaign. With that said, Obama more so than anyone else, "championed" the legislation "through both houses of the legislature with the skill and determination of LBJ."

Note to LL: Save your lectures about how much you disagree with the health care legislation for another time and another place. I am only referring to Obama's ability to champion the hc legislation "through both houses of the legislature with the skill and determination of LBJ."
Old 08-01-2011, 04:46 AM   #30
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am only referring to Obama's ability to champion the hc legislation "through both houses of the legislature with the skill and determination of LBJ."
And I cannot wait until he begins to take credit for having done so during his bid for "another four years of this" in 2012.

The Former Speaker might have something to say about your conclusions, not to mention .... Hairy Read .... but even those two flaming idiots might see fit to distance themselves from the Obaminable Titanic in anticipation of hanging on to their "entitlement" incomes in their own re-election bids.

Just saying: Obie ain't no LBJ.

BT, you spending way too much time in Austin. It's rubbing off on you.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women