Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70752
biomed162882
Yssup Rider60559
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48527
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42077
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36434
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #31
TX Bulldog
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
I can see some of the points about the show...especially Josh. But why is 610 the #1 rated show? I've never listened to any of the others.
What do you guys think about Mike Melcher? Barry Werner? Brad Davies?
Barry has been around a long time and knows a lot. But he's rude a lot and acts like a bully most of the time.
I believe it stays #1 because of listeners' habit. It was run/owned? by Dickie Rosenfeld who really knew the radio business before he died about 10 years ago. So they had a big head start. 610 really had no competition until the last 5 years or so. Even when 1560 kicked off, its signal was so poor that a lot of the area couldn't receive it well. Though it sounds like they've improved it quite a bit, so we'll see what happens. Its hard to knock off the #1 in any business.

If anyone is interested about the Houston radio business, go to radio-info.com and go to the Houston discussion boards. A lot of the people who are inside the business post there and you can get an idea of what goes on behind the scenes. A lot of the radio folks are surprised that 1560 has been somewhat successful so far.
TX Bulldog is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #32
K2S0
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

what happened? they went toward the sensationalistic extreme...

theres always gonna be opinionated people on sports talk radio.. but thats because of tha bias and the passion sports illicit

these jokers are fucking caricatures with no substance and all pomp
K2S0 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #33
junglemonkey
BANNED

Encounters: 28

Quote:
What do you guys think about Mike Melcher? Barry Werner? Brad Davies?
Barry has been around a long time and knows a lot. But he's rude a lot and acts like a bully most of the time.
You know, i actually like Barry Warner. He is from the old school and is not afraid to ask the tough questions especially to Gary Failiak. I also like his partner John Bajani??? Cant spell his name. Brad Davies sucked at 790 when his New York style of talk radio (bash everything including the bad but especially the good) failed in Houston. Now Mike Melcher is good. A little rough on the edges but I see great potential. Even though he is young, he has some good knowledge. And unlike Josh, he does not hijack the show with stupid non sports related rants that never end. When Josh inevitabilty gets fired (send those emails folks and tune in to 790 in the afternoon), I see him as a great replacement.
junglemonkey is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #34
junglemonkey
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Bulldog View Post
If anyone is interested about the Houston radio business, go to radio-info.com and go to the Houston discussion boards. A lot of the people who are inside the business post there and you can get an idea of what goes on behind the scenes. A lot of the radio folks are surprised that 1560 has been somewhat successful so far.

Im gonna check it out. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #35
Satin
Valued Poster

Good post JM & TxB...I agree with most of your 'takes'...

Not sure why this popped in my mind, but it's gonna be funny if one of these guys wives google their names and it takes them to this board...lol

Back to Romie..."global warming".... Lmmfao!!!
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #36
Chrisrock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I've been listening to 97.5 for a while now. Houston sports radio is about as interesting as Houston sports.

There just isn't that much to talk about. I can't think of anything locally that excites me in terms of sports. Pearland little league might be the biggest sport in Houston right now.
Chrisrock is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #37
junglemonkey
BANNED

Quote:
Good post JM & TxB...I agree with most of your 'takes'...

Not sure why this popped in my mind, but it's gonna be funny if one of these guys wives google their names and it takes them to this board...lol

Back to Romie..."global warming".... Lmmfao!!!

Did Romie ever find out where the guy from Cleveland was going with that take. I mean he said "Um, Val Kilmer...Kristie Alley, .....gggglobal warming" What in the hell does Val Kilmer, Kristie Alley, and global warming have in common. Actually check that. I hope we never find out where he was going with that. I hope Matt from Cleveland never calls again. He and his failed take will live on as legands.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #38
Satin
Valued Poster

You sir "gets it".... Nice! I like the way you posted that...exactly how he said it...lol. Romie roasted his ass for that....fucking hall of fame moment. I love the hack- off...

Update on Josh today. They were talking about popular kid names...

Josh: " I drink a lot of Nyquil, so I would name my kid Nyquila".....

Another plus for 610...Laura Reynolds. She's freaking hot! Damn.
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #39
junglemonkey
BANNED

Global Warming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MknGEsULvc

Here are some of my favorite Jim Rome moments

Racheal in Houston and Nascar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOk8qfnUAt0

Bad Fat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohGtKYCpeEc