Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70711
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35948
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-31-2023, 07:26 AM   #1
El-mo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30
Default What would conservatives do about homelessness?

I am not trying to argue. I’m asking a genuine question here. I see often conservatives complaining about the rampant homelessness in “democrat cities”, but I’m genuinely curious what solutions you guys would propose for dealing with the homeless crisis?
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 08:37 AM   #2
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

They treat them like criminals.
https://invisiblepeople.tv/republica...-homelessness/

Act on Homelessness Overview: What Is and Is Not Included in the Policy
The Republican-led policy proposal Act on Homelessness was drafted in 2022 by the assembly and Senate Republicans. Some of these prospective pieces of the legislature have already been taken off the table.

Even so, the proposal is indicative of the overall approach Republicans wish to take regarding homelessness. It also shows where each party’s views connect and where they differ.

Much of the Act proposal consists of bills addressing secondary causes of homelessness, such as mental health and addiction. It should be duly noted that the policy does nothing to address the following:

Lack of affordable housing
Unemployment (except where this applies to youth populations who are aging out of the foster care system)
Poverty
Low wages
*This distinction is important because the aforementioned items are the top four leading causes of homelessness. As you might imagine, a policy that deals with homelessness but fails to rectify or even acknowledge the top four leading causes of homelessness is flawed upon arrival.

Conservatives want homeless ppl to be removed and deported. Sure they care about humans in the womb, and then fucking want to kick them down the road post delivery. They want to take away things like WIC, or EBT food/ and child care from young mothers, but if you god-damned get living on the streets, you're going to jail!

They would like to criminalize being homeless- and what's also insane is that a high % of veterans are actually homeless due to having PTSD and getting emotionally fucked up from war's and atrocities they saw or were a part of. Its a shame that this is even a political football, since it does no good to resolve the issue- it's just more dog whistles and talking points to demonize places that have a high % of homelessness.

I'd be interested in dialogues that have some ideas on what is a good solution for this besides criminalization.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:37 AM   #3
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

I would bring all of em out to a big big field. Way out in the country where they can run and be free
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:43 AM   #4
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
I am not trying to argue. I’m asking a genuine question here. I see often conservatives complaining about the rampant homelessness in “democrat cities”, but I’m genuinely curious what solutions you guys would propose for dealing with the homeless crisis?
That's just it. Today's GOP doesn't have any policy ideas. They are a personality cult that is only interested in obtaining and retaining power.

Honestly, ask them about any topic or problem. They have nothing. No solutions. Not even any rational ideas about solutions.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:09 PM   #5
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
That's just it. Today's GOP doesn't have any policy ideas. They are a personality cult that is only interested in obtaining and retaining power.

Honestly, ask them about any topic or problem. They have nothing. No solutions. Not even any rational ideas about solutions.
Seriously?

These problems exist in cities that have been run for decades by D's, and, your D president has opened the border to allow the problem to precipitate far beyond what it should have been, and you blame Rs for not having a solution.

I have an answer, you SHIT IN YOUR OWN BED, clean it up.

Elmo, sorry, but, your question is leading and just allows the goons to attack en masse all R and Conservatives, they themselves have no solution as, can be seen by the problem itself.

You know "White girl problem" memes, ponies, etc, well, its a "City person problem", because I'm looking out at ten or more acres of nicely mowed rural farmland next to me, and there are no homeless tent cities there, but, we are also not within walking distance of a Dollar General and all of the other resources like somebody handing out free food and water, so the bottles of water can be emptied and returned for the deposit to buy drugs.

Devo is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:51 PM   #6
tommy156
Premium Access

Lol. I think you included every stereotype in a single response there. Good job.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:00 PM   #7
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Seriously?

These problems exist in cities that have been run for decades by D's, and, your D president has opened the border to allow the problem to precipitate far beyond what it should have been, and you blame Rs for not having a solution.

I have an answer, you SHIT IN YOUR OWN BED, clean it up.

Elmo, sorry, but, your question is leading and just allows the goons to attack en masse all R and Conservatives, they themselves have no solution as, can be seen by the problem itself.

So you're saying no solutions? Despite the idea that some of these folks are veterans that conservative supposedly care about. But if they came or went to a city that had a democrat leader, then fuck them??

How did homelessness become only about the administration, vs about the actual person who is homeless. You can't cure that situation anymore by turning a blind eye, than the fine folks in texas saying they would cure unwanted pregnancy by locking up the rapists. People get knocked-up by different intentions, and people become homeless the same way. I doubt that any of them do intentionally, but when did the GOP give two shits about anyone besides the rich or powerful?

I would like to believe that the GOP has some minds to think about resolving issues and has solutions, but this type of rhetoric is not productive and is a hallmark of the non-empathetic party.

Being selfish and egocentric, is about the most non-Christian thing the GOP is tied to acting. They care about babies in the womb, but not in the world. They probably like to kick dogs too. JK
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:55 PM   #8
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
So you're saying no solutions? Despite the idea that some of these folks are veterans that conservative supposedly care about. But if they came or went to a city that had a democrat leader, then fuck them??

How did homelessness become only about the administration, vs about the actual person who is homeless. You can't cure that situation anymore by turning a blind eye, than the fine folks in texas saying they would cure unwanted pregnancy by locking up the rapists. People get knocked-up by different intentions, and people become homeless the same way. I doubt that any of them do intentionally, but when did the GOP give two shits about anyone besides the rich or powerful?

I would like to believe that the GOP has some minds to think about resolving issues and has solutions, but this type of rhetoric is not productive and is a hallmark of the non-empathetic party.

Being selfish and egocentric, is about the most non-Christian thing the GOP is tied to acting. They care about babies in the womb, but not in the world. They probably like to kick dogs too. JK
Sure I have solutions, but, I'm not taking the time to respond here, because none of you have the open mindedness to even consider a reasonable solution, its just another thing to attack me, or anyone else about.

Nice straw man, the whole "We don't care about Vets" thing, which is a minor part of the entire homeless issue, and, I'm not taking the thread OT about one select group of the massive homeless population.

Start another thread if you want to water this down, I'm not pissing out a reply to help.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 05:45 PM   #9
Iceman
Valued Poster

How about this, get rid of all the illegals and give the benefits they were receiving to the homeless who are American citizens. That would be a start.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:06 PM   #10
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
How about this, get rid of all the illegals and give the benefits they were receiving to the homeless who are American citizens. That would be a start.

That would. Go completely against the liberals agenda

Notice how they don't discuss that
chizzy is online now   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:17 PM   #11
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Too much common sense.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 08:46 PM   #12
El-mo
Valued Poster

Quote:
You seem to have ideas. What benefits would you give the homeless?
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:00 AM   #13
tommy156
Premium Access

"Get rid of all the illegals" and watch the American agricultural industry literally fall apart. But yeah, that's a great idea. What else we got?
Old 09-01-2023, 05:01 AM   #14
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
"Get rid of all the illegals" and watch the American agricultural industry literally fall apart. But yeah, that's a great idea. What else we got?

It's a great idea. Then take people who have been gutting the welfare system for years and .ake their lazy asses get a job.

Welfare was meant to be a life.long thing, it started as a stop gap but of coarse people abuse it and make it their way of life.
chizzy is online now   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 06:18 AM   #15
El-mo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
It's a great idea. Then take people who have been gutting the welfare system for years and .ake their lazy asses get a job.

Welfare was meant to be a life.long thing, it started as a stop gap but of coarse people abuse it and make it their way of life.

I am no expert, but this seems off topic. How would you address the homeless situation?
El-mo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women