Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70787
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60798
gman4453286
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48625
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42465
CryptKicker37210
The_Waco_Kid36919
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Of the four weapons below chambered in 223, which does the most damage?
It's unknown 5 20.00%
Obviously the war machine AR 15 1 4.00%
That Ruger Ranch rifle looks like a wolf in sheep's clothing 0 0%
Don't like the mild looks fool you, the Remington sniper rifle is the killer 0 0%
The dark horse candidate, the T/C contender pistol 0 0%
They all do the same amount of damage all things being the same. 19 76.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #16
texassapper
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Just trying to understand the poll. If all the listed firearms are chambered with the same caliber bullet wouldn't the cartridge size (powder charge) determine the speed and power of the bullet.
Or am I missing something?
Well the way the question is worded: which does the most damage? WTF does that mean? The answer is truly "we can't know."

Damage to what? a tank, a person, a watermelon? and if we're to assume a person do they all get the same hit? at the same distance?

If the question was more technical, it would have been "Which impacts with the most Force?

But does the most damage? This is how the CDC must perform "SCIENCE".
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 01:39 PM   #17
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

As an archer, an average bow shooter with a broadleaf can often do more damage and more accurately at 20 yards than an average handgun shooter. Not to mention fear factor of facing a broadleaf. Alas, not an average archer myself, but do have friends who I'd trust to shoot an arrow into an apple on my head at 20 yds. None I'd trust to do the same with a handgun or unsupported rifle
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:01 PM   #18
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post
Not necessarily. At the military Academy, I had the opportunity to fire a civil war era rifle. We had to learn the whole drill of loading and firing. The paper targets were attached to 4x4s inserted into pipes in the ground. We fired at about 25 yards and if you were able to actually hit the 4x4 it would snap right in two. The .50 caliber miniball moving really slow smashed through flesh rather than puncture.

My understanding was the 5.56 was standardized on because it was a wound multiplier... it didn't kill the opponent it wounded them thus requiring another man to evacuate and tend to the wounded. 2x men removed from combat for a center mass wound.

Not sure if that was apocryphal or not. It seems logical but when you're the Joe getting shot at you don't want to wound, you want a kill shot.

My point is slow and big did WAY more damage than small and light. So you are correct there are two variables, mass & acceleration (our old friends) Force = Mass x Acceleration.
Taylor number: speed (in fps) X mass (of projectile) X diameter (in inches)
Calculates force but not target reaction.

Don't know why this is so difficult after I explained it.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:03 PM   #19
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
You said lefties "refused to respond" when I was the second and only one for a short time! How fuckin' dumb was that statement? Jeeez!

This still belongs in the shit box!

Yes, you did respond first but you did not vote. As for not acknowledging your input...I figured that you may not want to be associated with the gutless wonders.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:07 PM   #20
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Good fair point and one horseshit one

Good fair point about damaging what. However, it seems more than obvious when you eliminate the obvious options:
  • If one thinks they will damage a tank with a 223 round, they deserve to be converted from a 3D being into a 1D being by said tank
    • Pretty much the same for cars. Sure... shooting one could lower the resale value a little bit, yet are easily repairable in most cases.
  • Any actual firing range I have ever been to does not ever allow shooting watermelons or other fruit
  • Regarding same distance, it's rather rangy. The 5.56 round is very functional, flies flat, across a broad range of distances, depending on the shooters abilities and environment.
    • Recall it tends to have a muzzle velocity slightly over 3,100 FPS
    • Nobody would ever say: Dang! I was lucky I was 250 yards away when I got hit. Otherwise it might have hurt more.
  • One other point, not discussed : Damage to where?
    • Recall that a highly disciplined shooter, such as Kyle Rittenhouse, could relieve an Antifa(g) thug of their bicep at very close range, yet said thug survived to probably loose another bicep at another future time, if they are lucky.
The CDC no longer does SCIENCE.
Quote:
Well the way the question is worded: which does the most damage? WTF does that mean? The answer is truly "we can't know."

Damage to what? a tank, a person, a watermelon? and if we're to assume a person do they all get the same hit? at the same distance?

If the question was more technical, it would have been "Which impacts with the most Force?

But does the most damage? This is how the CDC must perform "SCIENCE".
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:09 PM   #21
Vulva
Account Disabled

For each weapon, the bullet will leave the barrel at a slightly different speed. Every barrel is slightly different, as well as every cartridge. There is slight variation in a box of "match grade" cartridges. In addition, barrels "speed up" in the first hundred rounds or so as the barrel lands smooth. Competition shooters fine tune the load after 150 rounds. All being said, even if all the bullets were the same grain, are they all fired at the exact same time? Same altitude, same temperature? Temperature and Altitude impact ballistics. Lower altitude has more drag on the bullet, slowing it down. Lower temperatures = denser air, slowing it down. Too many variables. It's unknown
Vulva is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:18 PM   #22
texassapper
Valued Poster

Wait, wait, wait. We've missed the most important variable... African or European swallow?
Old 04-04-2023, 02:22 PM   #23
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait. We've missed the most important variable... African or European swallow?
Hell... if they swallow, do you care which they are?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:24 PM   #24
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
That's something that should be assumed for the sake of the discussion.
Than the specifications for the question are ambiguous.
Otherwise we could assume that one of the choices was fired while the weapon had a significant acceleration when the bullet left the barrel. Hence imparting a great A vector force....

...that's assuming
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:41 PM   #25
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1951 View Post
As an archer, an average bow shooter with a broadleaf can often do more damage and more accurately at 20 yards than an average handgun shooter. Not to mention fear factor of facing a broadleaf. Alas, not an average archer myself, but do have friends who I'd trust to shoot an arrow into an apple on my head at 20 yds. None I'd trust to do the same with a handgun or unsupported rifle
The Bow and Arrow the true ultimate weapon. Silent, untraceable only the skilled prevail in it's use.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:50 PM   #26
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Than the specifications for the question are ambiguous.
Otherwise we could assume that one of the choices was fired while the weapon had a significant acceleration when the bullet left the barrel. Hence imparting a great A vector force....

...that's assuming
This is a good video that explains the difference and even how the rounds behave with various thicknesses of metal plates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZ6eupC2Sg
Old 04-05-2023, 11:37 AM   #27
texassapper
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
The Bow and Arrow the true ultimate weapon. Silent, untraceable only the skilled prevail in it's use.
the plains Indians would like to dispute that assertion about it being the ultimate weapon.
Old 04-05-2023, 01:16 PM   #28
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

The Indians didn't have modern equipment. No BS, a champion archer today needs to be able to hit a nickel 60 times in a row from 20 days to win. Admittedly, not super accurate at 100 yards though.
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 05:19 PM   #29
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Actually some of the previous assumptions are false. Ask Custer. The US cavalryman used a 45/70 Springfield rifle that loaded from the breech. He could fire five shots a minute, maybe a bit more. The typical plains Indian could fire eight times a minute and we've already established how much better the arrow was for causing damage (haven't we?). Here is another juicy tidbit. Lincoln ordered 50,000 Henry repeaters be purchased by the army in the last days of the Civil War. When Lincoln was killed by a democrat, the army moved all those rifle west and sold them. There were a number of warriors at the Little Big Horn armed with a 15 shot Henry repeater over the single shot trap door cavalry rifle. So, the Indians in some cases were better armed with modern equipment.

https://www.historynet.com/battle-of...ciding-factor/
Old 04-05-2023, 08:30 PM   #30
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
the plains Indians would like to dispute that assertion about it being the ultimate weapon.
Why is that?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women