Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
test
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70717
biomed162700
Yssup Rider60420
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48459
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41748
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36105
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-12-2022, 11:09 PM   #1
PaigeSavage
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 551853
Default Best Cigar Bars & Gyms in Kansas City

Hey there! So as an avid baseball fan, I'm trying to hit every MLB stadium before I'm 35. So starting later this month, I have 5 years to hit all 30 (5-7/year isn't bad). Anywho - Kansas City is on my list this year so I'm headed that way at the end of August for a Royals game.

When I travel, I love to try out a new cigar bar and sip scotch. I've looked at three places but was curious what the locals have to say. Because I'll take a local recommendation over Google and Yelp almost any day. Currently on my list:

• La Cultura Cigar & Social
• Majestic
• Fidel's

Also, does anyone know of a good old school bodybuilding gym in Kansas City? My gym in Minneapolis is in an old machine shop with no AC and I love it! So if anyone knows of anything similar could you please let me know? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Paige, xx

n.b. I may make time to meet a friend or two so if I wanted to keep myself happy but accommodate others, would Downtown, CCP, or OP be better?
PaigeSavage is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 05:19 AM   #2
TailHooked
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Been to Fidels. Small and cozy in Westport. Plenty of places to eat and drink all around it. Close to the Plaza too.
Another not on your list is Outlaw Cigar and Brewery in North Kansas City. Just across the river from downtown KCMO. Big industrial building. High ceilings, big screen TVs, plenty of recliners to relax and smoke. Bbq down the block or other dining choices a half mile North.
Weston Tobacco, in downtown Weston, Mo. If you want to get out of the city. North of the airport a few miles. Besides a 600 variety humidor sales room, they have some hand rolled local grown tobacco. O'Malley's pub if you want to see something truly unique. 3 stories underground in a 1842 brewery cellar. American Bowman sister restaurant at ground level. Tin Kitchen on Main street for bbq.
TailHooked is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:04 AM   #3
hounddog
The Nose Knows

Freight House Fitness in the West Bottoms is not air-conditioned. In the summer you can sweat to your hearts content. It is unfortunately classes only.
hounddog is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:01 PM   #4
PaigeSavage
Upgraded Female Account

TailHooked - thank you for the insight. I'll be sure to keep this info in mind as I start to create my schedule.

Hounddog - while that sounds like what I like... I'm not in the classes. Damn.

Regardless, thank you both for your help!
Old 07-15-2022, 11:04 AM   #5
eawt88
Premium Access

Encounters: 59

Genesis on 35 in Merriam is the body building type of all the Genesis.
eawt88 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:28 AM   #6
MrMakeitsprinkle
Registered Member

The Foundation is a great gym. It does have A/C lol, but lots of power lifting equipment, and good vibes.
MrMakeitsprinkle is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:39 PM   #7
BigDeal
Premium Access

Encounters: 69

Sometimes when at the gym ill light up a cigar, pour some bourbon and hit the treadmill.
So far Im seeing only an increase in drinking and no weight loss!
BigDeal is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 09:43 AM   #8
TailHooked
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
Sometimes when at the gym ill light up a cigar, pour some bourbon and hit the treadmill.
So far Im seeing only an increase in drinking and no weight loss!
You know they do turn on. Hitting them only hurts your drinking hand. Lol.
TailHooked is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 11:07 AM   #9
RManFlint
Premium Access

The Majestic is a fantastic restaurant and bar, although I've never sampled the cigar bar.

The decor is genuine fin de siècle saloon. It feels like that photo from the opening montage of Cheers.
RManFlint is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 11:10 AM   #10
KCFalcon77
Premium Access

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RManFlint View Post
The Majestic is a fantastic restaurant and bar, although I've never sampled the cigar bar.

The decor is genuine fin de siècle saloon. It feels like that photo from the opening montage of Cheers.
Cool. Say hi to Norm and Cliff when your there....
KCFalcon77 is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:49 AM   #11
seekinggradeAbj
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Recommend either of the Lifetime Fitness gyms in JoCo

Cigar Room in Lee's Summit is top notch

Avoid Ritter in DeSoto

Outlaw is okay if you want big box store environment

Fidel's is lame, IMO. No smoke room and limited high quality selection. They cater to the impulse buyer walking in Westport, not the connoisseur.
seekinggradeAbj is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 06:36 PM   #12
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I need a swimming pool. Something other than Genesis would be nice, some of the people with Genesis seem to have an attitude problem.

Time to look around for something new.
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:24 AM   #13
SparkyMo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

I’m not a cigar guy - but I’m a big gym connoisseur. The Forge in Lee’s Summit is solid - power lifting, body building, strong man type of gym. Friendly people, always a great lift. If your looking for power lifting or Olympic style training Strong Barbell Club in NKC is great - but it’s pretty much just for that. Tons of barbells and calibrated plates, but 0 machines. Good folks there too! Please avoid all those big box gyms. There are so many better places!
SparkyMo is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:41 PM   #14
PaigeSavage
Upgraded Female Account

Thank you all so much for the intel! It is much appreciated and has allowed me to plan out my days a bit better while I'm in KC.

To be fair, I'm really excited about this trip! My travel to KC is for me (my MLB Stadium Challenge) so it'll be nice to actually have some substantial personal time to see and explore the city. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go to the Royals game or hit up the cigar bar with a new friend but hey... I've been traveling solo for so long now, I'm 100% comfortable going it alone.

Also, commercial gyms are not my thing at all. If I can, I always support local and The Forge looks perfect ��.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women