Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60409
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41675
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36061
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-22-2020, 03:19 PM   #1
dumars
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Did Sum Google’n - Good Stuff to Chew On

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7185834/

Meat of it all is about half way down, Table 1! Odd to me how this kind of thing differs, somewhat, from one smart person to the next!!
dumars is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
TailHooked
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I have always argued with people about the effectiveness of masks. Most aren't well fitted. Your table 1 shows how much of a drop in effectiveness the gaps cause. Why they do provide some protection, would you use birth control that is only good half of the time. If you are going to wear a mask, splurge on a tight fitting quality mask, if you are so affraid of catching something.
TailHooked is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I know you HAVE to wear a mask but it's not pleasant
So since I have to wear one I might as well have Fun
I have ordered about 6 different ones..a New Orleans saints one/ a Rolling Stones tongue one/ an AcDC one/ a vintage bomber one And a couple other novelty ones!

I even answered my door to my client yesterday with nothing on but my socks and a mask!! Lol
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #4
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

The masks have an added effect of people just not going out unless they really have to because of the mask wearing. I know I have not gone out or delayed going as much as possible because of the mask thing. Sometimes it is fun to just go look at stuff even if you don't intend on buying anything. Not so much with a mask...
royamcr is online now   Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:11 AM   #5
Badboy_71
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
The masks have an added effect of people just not going out unless they really have to because of the mask wearing. I know I have not gone out or delayed going as much as possible because of the mask thing. Sometimes it is fun to just go look at stuff even if you don't intend on buying anything. Not so much with a mask...
I agree, shopping is less fun. Instead of browsing or looking around to see what I can get with a discount, I'm usually cutting the crab, grabbing my shit, and leaving.

Wearing a mask is not comfortable, but I continue to wear one and try like hell to maintain social distancing. Two months ago, I bought a low profile painter's respirator with an N100 rating. It makes me look like Bane from Batman, but fuck it - when you see how people walk around at grocery stores and big box stores, I feel much more secure when I need to go out.

The first day I wore my mask, I was at Home Depot returning an item. The store had installed clear plastic windows between the customer service desk and the customer. All employees were unmasked (prior to mask mandate), and every single employee stuck their head around the glass to talk to the customer! With the mask, I was not too scared about the aerosolized conversation from this person, but I was pissed enough to call the manager when I got back to my car. He basically told me he did not give a fuck - giving lame excuses like, they were all worried about me being able to hear what they were saying. He concluded the call by telling me that I could shop somewhere else if I felt that uncomfortable. Now I shop at Menards!

When this started, one of my customers gave me a homemade mask. I'm under no illusions about the efficiency (or lack thereof) of a cloth mask, but I concluded that, if someone cares enough for me to be safe, I can be safe for her and the rest of the people I come in contact. My discomfort from wearing the mask is offset when I think about who I am trying to protect: my loved ones, my coworkers, my customers... When I keep that in mind, I'll proudly mask up to look after my peeps.

When I do woodworking, I have felt the discomfort, even claustrophobia, from wearing respirators. If you can distract yourself from the discomfort by focusing on what you are doing - either by thinking about who you might be helping, the task at hand, or random dirty thoughts - hopefully it will help you get past the discomfort of masking up.

Getting off my soapbox now. Thank you all for masking up!
Badboy_71 is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:24 AM   #6
yourdesire
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 393863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

1 of the girls at my dentist office was telling me she seen a guy wearing a mask where he had at copy of his face on his mask
yourdesire is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #7
Drainbamage
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

One good thing about wearing a mask. It gives me something to lick when I see a nice butt.
Drainbamage is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:01 PM   #8
dumars
Valued Poster

All the bitching about masks reminds me of what I reminder when seat belt laws were passed! Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, etc, etc, etc!!! Now who gets in a car without fastening their seat belt?! ROFL!!

AND . . . people still die!!

And, wayyyyy back when the military was acquiring the M16/AR15 Marines and GIs were bitching up a storm about what a piece of shit it was! Now it’s “America’s Rifle”!!

AND, when the Kevlar vest was introduced cops were bitching! They ain’t bitching no more, is they?

People just gotta bitch!

Old 08-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #9
Bkbird650
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

The data from NY showed that their drop in numbers didn’t happen until masks.
A peer reviewed study shows that simple masks are protective to both wearer and people with wearer. 100%? No, but enough that the spread can apparently be brought under control.
Bkbird650 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #10
dumars
Valued Poster

Kinda like Kevlar vests! Not 100% effective, but you won’t catch a Marine, GI or cop without one when appropriate! Eh? Seat belts aren’t 100% effective either! Are birth control pills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbird650 View Post
The data from NY showed that their drop in numbers didn’t happen until masks.
A peer reviewed study shows that simple masks are protective to both wearer and people with wearer. 100%? No, but enough that the spread can apparently be brought under control.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:51 PM   #11
Cherokeechief
Premium Access

Encounters: 168

If you let someone make you live in fear, that's where you'll always be.

Look around
Cherokeechief is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:03 PM   #12
dumars
Valued Poster

Fear: an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger

Caution: prudent forethought to minimize risk

VERY different words, ain’t they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeechief View Post
If you let someone make you live in fear, that's where you'll always be.

Look around
Old 08-05-2020, 11:31 PM   #13
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Masks, but soon don't have to wear a brain bucket on a scooter in Mo.
royamcr is online now   Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:40 AM   #14
VraiSapuer
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

The thing about masks is that it is not about you. It is about the people around you. This country has become some self centered that they are more than willing to let 150,000 people die because they don't want to do a very simple thing because it will inconvenience them personally.
VraiSapuer is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:42 AM   #15
KansasGuy2020
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 17

Good information!
KansasGuy2020 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women