Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60666
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48594
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42334
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36767
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2019, 05:47 AM   #46
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
I wonder if it would be discriminatory for an outfit to require all new employees to obtain cwc permits and carry?
Perhaps hold company staff meetings at a local range?
When an employer engages in such "requirements" the employer assumes liability for qualifications and skill training as well as the nature of the firearm and rounds carried with it. BTW: Military service is NOT an adequate standard to authorize the carrying of a firearm in a civilian populated facility.

BTW: I'm "on record" in here and elsewhere regarding the usefulness of mandatory "training" for concealed handgun licenses and/or the carrying of a handgun in any place outside the person's residence. Anecdotal news releases of "carriers" thwarting an event do not justify mass carrying. Plinking at paper at the "range" or out in the "woods" is a far cry from neutralizing a person in a facility crowded with hysterical citizens fleeing or hiding from an active shooter or the fear of one. Mandatory handgun training doesn't even touch on the issues faced in reality. TV doesn't either.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:51 AM   #47
Unique_Carpenter
Chasing a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
When an employer engages in such "requirements" the employer assumes liability for qualifications and skill training as well as the nature of the firearm and rounds carried with it.
Yup. And there are insurance cos that will cover.

But would it be discriminatory to not hire someone because of that requirement.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:10 AM   #48
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
When an employer engages in such "requirements" the employer assumes liability for qualifications and skill training as well as the nature of the firearm and rounds carried with it. BTW: Military service is NOT an adequate standard to authorize the carrying of a firearm in a civilian populated facility.

BTW: I'm "on record" in here and elsewhere regarding the usefulness of mandatory "training" for concealed handgun licenses and/or the carrying of a handgun in any place outside the person's residence. Anecdotal news releases of "carriers" thwarting an event do not justify mass carrying. Plinking at paper at the "range" or out in the "woods" is a far cry from neutralizing a person in a facility crowded with hysterical citizens fleeing or hiding from an active shooter or the fear of one. Mandatory handgun training doesn't even touch on the issues faced in reality. TV doesn't either.

Amen - LL
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:44 AM   #49
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
And how do you know that the signs are being ignored? Would you put a job paying a 6-figure salary in jeopardy by carrying a concealed handgun into the building?

BTW, every year every company employee must sign a note stating that he or she has read the company's Code of Conduct, with it clearly stated in there that carrying any gun into any company building is a violation and the employee will be subject to termination.
Again, simply my experiences. I'm not saying this is happening in large numbers, it is the outlier, but I honestly believe it's far more prevalent than you want to believe and far more often that a mass shooting attempt.

As I noted, a gentlemen I consulted with always carried and I felt safer for it.

And those codes of conduct signatures are a joke if nothing is searched or checked. I was consulting with a company that had all that similar BS and I had drinks with one of the VPs one evening and she was showing me her 9mm(a little sig sauer if I'm remembering correctly) that never left her purse when she went anywhere, including work, unless she had to pass through metal detectors. Then it remained in her glove compartment.

So again, my experiences, but if my experiences have put me in numerous contact with people doing it, then it's certainly not anomalies.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #50
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
Yup. And there are insurance cos that will cover.

But would it be discriminatory to not hire someone because of that requirement.
Probably not coverage for gross negligence or intentional acts and/or "acts of violence" .... etc.....

As for "discrimination" as far as I am aware "non-firearm" people are not a "protected group" nor are "firearm" people a "protected group" in so far as "employment discrimination." A work place prohibition as to firearms would not create an actionable discrimination claim based upon firearm owners being a "protected class" and I frankly doubt Nonowners would be either.

If businesses can prohibit firearms being introduced into their business, I doubt see much distinction for employees, unless some union loon negotiates such a provision in the contract with the employer.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #51
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Probably not coverage for gross negligence or intentional acts and/or "acts of violence" .... etc.....

As for "discrimination" as far as I am aware "non-firearm" people are not a "protected group" nor are "firearm" people a "protected group" in so far as "employment discrimination." A work place prohibition as to firearms would not create an actionable discrimination claim based upon firearm owners being a "protected class" and I frankly doubt Nonowners would be either.

If businesses can prohibit firearms being introduced into their business, I doubt see much distinction for employees, unless some union loon negotiates such a provision in the contract with the employer.
You really should go back to work Counselor. Your amateur hour analysis gets tiresome
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #52
oeb11
Valued Poster

Cannot understand the function of a Mirror!!!
Happy to denigrate our military and yet exercise the freedom our military preserves
See how welcome the AofS is in Tehran!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #53
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
BTW, every year every company employee must sign a note stating that he or she has read the company's Code of Conduct, with it clearly stated in there that carrying any gun into any company building is a violation and the employee will be subject to termination.
What? And just how do you know that? ....

Quote:
... every year every company employee...
Old 08-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #54
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:

Actually I did some research on your link but didn't get the chance to post my findings yesterday:

"According to the Crime Prevention Research Center, "gun free zones" (areas where guns are prohibited) have been the target of more than 98% of all mass shootings."

Unfortunately the article does not go into any detail to back up that statement so I took it upon myself to look into the claims.

My findings are that there have been 17 deadly mass shooting in 2019, with a "mass shooting" defined as one in which at least 3 people, not including the shooter, died.
"My findings"?

99% speculation .... for example ...

https://www.elpasotexas.gov/police-department

There were plenty of Hispanic "targets" at the El Paso PD!

Contrary to your ridiculous conclusions regarding "targets" ...

... these "mass shootings" involve the attack upon SOFT targets! "Soft" means less likely to shoot back.

Schools, employment facilities, churches, shopping centers, and large department stores .... THEATERS! A "GUN FREE ZONE" is not relevant to the discussion.

.... a cartel in Mexico just killed as many people ... "Mexicans"!.... and "hung them out" for a message.

BTW: Mexico is a "gun free zone"!!!!!!!!!!!!! But .... the cartel has them (some from Obaminable), the mountain people have them, citizens have them (ever been away from the tourist trap on "new year's eve"? ... lead rain)

What's their murder rate compared to the U.S. per capita.

If you choose not to own or carry a firearm .... great. That's your business, but don't go preaching your childish banter to anyone. You've never been a "gun zone" .... with live fire potential.... so your anecdotal b.s. and "research" is just that. Since you're an expert on Israel, you are intimately familiar with their "security" at their schools. We should have the same as well as theaters, malls, stores, churches, entertainment events, buildings where people are employed, etc., just like we do at airports and government buildings. It's scardy cats like you that put everyone at risk .... please stay on the porch.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:14 AM   #55
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
Again, simply my experiences. I'm not saying this is happening in large numbers, it is the outlier, but I honestly believe it's far more prevalent than you want to believe and far more often that a mass shooting attempt.

As I noted, a gentlemen I consulted with always carried and I felt safer for it.

And those codes of conduct signatures are a joke if nothing is searched or checked. I was consulting with a company that had all that similar BS and I had drinks with one of the VPs one evening and she was showing me her 9mm(a little sig sauer if I'm remembering correctly) that never left her purse when she went anywhere, including work, unless she had to pass through metal detectors. Then it remained in her glove compartment.

So again, my experiences, but if my experiences have put me in numerous contact with people doing it, then it's certainly not anomalies.
But you did not answer my question.

Would you put a high-paying job at risk by carrying a handgun into a work location that made it abundantly clear that you would be fired if you were caught with it?

The Code Of Conduct simply lays out guidelines. IF you carry a handgun on premise, you will be fired. Same as the signs that designate any establishment a gun-free zone. No one checks you as you enter but IF you are caught with a gun on premise, you suffer the consequences, which in most cases are minor.

How effective are these rules? I don't have the answer but I differ with you as to how effective they are.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #56
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
"My findings"?

99% speculation .... for example ...

https://www.elpasotexas.gov/police-department

There were plenty of Hispanic "targets" at the El Paso PD!

Contrary to your ridiculous conclusions regarding "targets" ...

... these "mass shootings" involve the attack upon SOFT targets! "Soft" means less likely to shoot back.

Schools, employment facilities, churches, shopping centers, and large department stores .... THEATERS! A "GUN FREE ZONE" is not relevant to the discussion.

.... a cartel in Mexico just killed as many people ... "Mexicans"!.... and "hung them out" for a message.

BTW: Mexico is a "gun free zone"!!!!!!!!!!!!! But .... the cartel has them (some from Obaminable), the mountain people have them, citizens have them (ever been away from the tourist trap on "new year's eve"? ... lead rain)

What's their murder rate compared to the U.S. per capita.

If you choose not to own or carry a firearm .... great. That's your business, but don't go preaching your childish banter to anyone. You've never been a "gun zone" .... with live fire potential.... so your anecdotal b.s. and "research" is just that. Since you're an expert on Israel, you are intimately familiar with their "security" at their schools. We should have the same as well as theaters, malls, stores, churches, entertainment events, buildings where people are employed, etc., just like we do at airports and government buildings. It's scardy cats like you that put everyone at risk .... please stay on the porch.
More drivel from the King of Drivel.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:17 AM   #57
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
What? And just how do you know that? ....
The form is electronically sent to EVERY company employer and must be returned within a certain number of days.

Sorry if I believe that I know more about the policies at my company than you believe you do.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #58
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
But you did not answer my question.

Would you put a high-paying job at risk by carrying a handgun into a work location that made it abundantly clear that you would be fired if you were caught with it?

The Code Of Conduct simply lays out guidelines. IF you carry a handgun on premise, you will be fired. Same as the signs that designate any establishment a gun-free zone. No one checks you as you enter but IF you are caught with a gun on premise, you suffer the consequences, which in most cases are minor.

How effective are these rules? I don't have the answer but I differ with you as to how effective they are.
I answered your question with anecdotal observations to the best of my ability.

Yes, I've seen people laugh off these codes of conduct in very high paying positions.

And I admitted that it's probably low volume, but also that it's probably larger volume than mass shootings.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:17 AM   #59
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

I shudder to think of conservatives being before leftist judges if red flag laws are instituted,

safe guards? look at the fisa abuse against trump

oh you believe in God and you think the founding fathers did good? hey this white supremacist thinks the constitution should be interpreted as written, very racist!
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #60
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
I answered your question with anecdotal observations to the best of my ability.

Yes, I've seen people laugh off these codes of conduct in very high paying positions.

And I admitted that it's probably low volume, but also that it's probably larger volume than mass shootings.
I thought the question I asked would be answered with either a "Yes" or "No".

Whether laughed at or not, violating a company's Code of Conduct can be basis for dismissal. In my many years with my company, I knew of 3 incidents in which employees were fired (not downsized). In each case it was a violation of conduct that was spelled out in the Code of Conduct as being grounds for dismissal.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women