Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Coed Discussions - Houston
test
Coed Discussions - Houston Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60676
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48607
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42391
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36792
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
Vikki Markov
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 335985
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Burner phones could be made illegal under new US law

'Burner' phones could be made illegal under US law that would require personal details of anyone buying a new handset

The bill would ‘close one of the most significant gaps in our ability to track and prevent acts of terror, drug trafficking, and modern-day slavery,’ said Congresswoman Jackie Speier, who proposed the bill.

A Congresswoman has proposed that everyone buying a phone in the country would have to register with personal ID, to stop criminal activities being planned with handsets that can be bought anonymously and then thrown away.

Forcing shops to require customers to give over identification when buying cheap phones or pre-paid SIMs could be one of the most important ways that terrorists are able to communicate, according to California Congresswoman Jackie Speier, who proposed the bill.

“This bill would close one of the most significant gaps in our ability to track and prevent acts of terror, drug trafficking, and modern-day slavery,” wrote Ms Speier in a Facebook post announcing the bill.

“The "burner phone" loophole is an egregious gap in our legal framework that allows actors like the 9/11 hijackers and the Times Square bomber to evade law enforcement while they plot to take innocent lives. The Paris attackers also used ‘burner phones.’

“As we’ve seen so vividly over the past few days, we cannot afford to take these kinds of risks. It’s time to close this "burner phone" loophole for good.

Much of the discussion about disabling terrorists’ communication methods has revolved around encryption, and whether or not companies should make it easier to hack into their phones so that criminals’ messages can be read. But at least in the case of the Paris attacks, the plotters used burner phones instead – hiding their communications by never attaching their own names to them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a6955396.html

-----------------

What does everyone think of this? The arguement being put forward here is that burner phones are tools being used to perpetuate terrorist activity and organized crime.

But if we move forward with legislation against burner phones...then later anything else, really anything, that can be used as means of anonymous communication is open season. The social premise that anonymity = criminality is so dangerous to the concepts of individuality and freedom in the pursuit of happiness and self determination. My 2c.

Vikki Markov is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
essence
Valued Poster

I blame the EU.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #3
darksouls
BANNED

Encounters: 2

classic use of fear. make people exchange access to freedoms and rights in the name of keeping you safe

darksouls is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
BigLouie
Valued Poster

They don't want to register guns but they want to register cell phoned?
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:25 PM   #5
rduke4923
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Like it or not discussions like this are coming and coming soon.
Do terrorists use burner phones ? Do they use them for the same reasons as members?
I am not arguing ones side or another, only saying this is about to be a hot topic that will effect a lot of us.
rduke4923 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #6
maineblame
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default Simple solution

Keep ur hobby phone u have now...it's anonymous. And buy a few to stock pile b4 the law passes.
maineblame is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
They don't want to register guns but they want to register cell phoned?
yup. and it's also okay for women to murder 3000 babies per day...one million per year.

fuckin government
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:49 AM   #8
TheCat'sMeow
BANNED

The Spa scene will make a huge profit.
TheCat'sMeow is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:56 AM   #9
jonnyappleseed
Registered Member

Encounters: 1
Default Hell no

Very Orwellian and short sighted or long con intentionally nefarious. I think the latter since Ed Snowden already revealed Intel agencies can already remotely access your phone and hack it with the greatest of ease and can turn on your mic and camera and make it STILL appear off and record you even if you physically turned off your phone. Technology elevates us with one hand and stabs us in the back with the other. Errr well the people using it for that purpose that is. (Stepping off soapbox).
jonnyappleseed is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:05 AM   #10
Svelte
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14

there are too many ways to get numbers outside of physical hand sets - this bill wont do anything to those that are serious about anonymity unless they also make internet number restrictions, which is highly unlikely

signing up for new google numbers, skype numbers, burner app numbers, too many ways
Svelte is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:44 AM   #11
Voodo D
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki Markov View Post

But if we move forward with legislation against burner phones...then later anything else, really anything, that can be used as means of anonymous communication is open season. The social premise that anonymity = criminality is so dangerous to the concepts of individuality and freedom in the pursuit of happiness and self determination. My 2c.

I agree, it's a slippery slope that would lead to more violations of our Right to Privacy.
Voodo D is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #12
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I see it now....the rebirth of the payphone.

For those that have never seen one.

oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
TheCat'sMeow
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldscum View Post
I see it now....the rebirth of the payphone.

For those that have never seen one.

Awe, the memories of having to call from THAT particular payphone across from THAT particular street address to get the final directions for THAT particular whore,,,Back then the whores didn't do a whole lot of NCNS.
TheCat'sMeow is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #14
WillHingarian
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I've seen the bee keeper (hijab) clad type buy out these phones all around Houston wallieMarts...ijs
WillHingarian is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #15
rduke4923
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

[QUOTE=jonnyappleseed;105796089 0]Very Orwellian and short sighted or long con intentionally nefarious. I think the latter since Ed Snowden already revealed Intel agencies can already remotely access your phone and hack it with the greatest of ease and can turn on your mic and camera and make it STILL appear off and record you even if you physically turned off your phone. Technology elevates us with one hand and stabs us in the back with the other. Errr well the people using it for that purpose that is. (Stepping off soapbox).[/QUOT

Has the jury returned a verdict on Snowden?

I was not aware this was settled yet. Just my honest opinion

R Duke
rduke4923 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women