Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60382
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41568
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #61
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
No, what you meant was "religious conservatives" are right on this issue.

But, actually they are wrong.

The GOP is all over the map on this issue.

I am a Republican (mostly) and a small government conservative (on fiscal, foreign policy, civil liberties, and defense spending issues).

Dick Cheney and a lot of other prominent Republicans support gay marriage and the majority of Republicans below about 40 years old support it.

The only slice of the GOP (and even the Democrats) that is against it is the older, religious bloc. And they are dying off.

So what is the point of maintaining opposition to gay marriage and treating gays unequally? Just to make old people feel good about their old traditions?
I agree with most of your analysis.

What is the point of marriage today though?

In the past it was a pact between a man and woman to raise children. Now its more like a benefits package with none of the cost (raising children).

I don't consider denying gays marriage treating them "unequally." They cannot "equally" have children. Most gays really don't want children. Most gays don't want to have a partner for life either.

Most gays just want health insurance and some of the legal and tax niceties with none of the inconveniences.

They don't really want to be married. If they did, they'd be procreating, but they don't...because their gay.

And a lot of hetero people today don't want traditional marriage. Some coworker put on his FB page put a picture of himself , his wife and two kids against overlayed with a gay pride logo celebrating the SC decision. He's not even married.

Most marriages don't last and the kids are split up long before they reach college age. Many women will pop a kid or two out for you gratis.

The institution is in trouble and the children suffer. I don't see how the SC decision helps marriage. IMO the SC would have done society a favor by not recognizing marriage as a govt sanctioned, govt funded social contract.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #62
cbs200
Valued Poster

This is a good sign that society is moving away from being controlled by what an angry old bearded man in the Middle East wrote down in the 12th century BC.

This victory for sexual freedom and bodily self determination will hasten the day that laws against consensual adult prostitutuon will also be struck down by SCOTUS.

My guess is that that will happen within 10 years.
cbs200 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #63
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
The next hanky will be two gays guys (wtf and bt?) successfully suing the Catholic Church for refusing to marry them.
Won't happen.

No one has a right to have a religion change its belief to suit them.

Two heterosexual atheists, or Jews, or Scientologists, or divorcees cannot force the Cathloic Church to marry them. So how could two gays?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:26 PM   #64
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I don't quite follow your counter argument but I think it assumes the separation of church and state...which IMO will continue to be overtaken.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #65
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Won't happen.

No one has a right to have a religion change its belief to suit them.

Two heterosexual atheists, or Jews, or Scientologists, or divorcees cannot force the Cathloic Church to marry them. So how could two gays?
That's exactly what the SCOTUS said will happen... Any church... tax exempt status, GONE... if they do not.

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #66
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
The next hanky will be two gays guys (wtf and bt?) successfully suing the Catholic Church for refusing to marry them.
I don't think gays view marriage as anything spiritual. If I had to guess, 90% of gays are atheist anyway. They would just go the courthouse and pay the fee and be done with it. Then head on over to Talleywackers for their reception party.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:25 PM   #67
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinde View Post
But fuck 82 or less whores and you're good.
You have 28 reviews- he who is without sin cast the first stone? The big difference is- I don't go around looking to legalize prostitution. Why stop at gay marriage- hell let's make everything legal- if a 45 year old wants to marry a 12 year old let's make it perfectly fine. There's a reason why gay marriage has been banned and illegal for centuries and not accepted in nearly every society I can think of- yet now everyone thinks we should allow people to be "open-minded" and allow anything.
Yes marriage between same sex people is immoral and Yes homosexuality is immoral. If I had 820 reviews I wouldn't give a rats ass- the shit should still be illegal.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #68
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs200 View Post
This is a good sign that society is moving away from being controlled by what an angry old bearded man in the Middle East wrote down in the 12th century BC.

This victory for sexual freedom and bodily self determination will hasten the day that laws against consensual adult prostitutuon will also be struck down by SCOTUS.

My guess is that that will happen within 10 years.
Can you explain why in an atheists countries like China and Russia - homosexual marriage isn't allowed? Keep in mind these are two large companies that don't follow the teachings of your so called "angry" bearded man. There are 196 countries in th world- only 23 of them allow same sex marriage- prior to 2010- no country recognized same sex marriage- I hope the remaining countries don't follow this awful trend.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #69
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So is fornication with prostitutes, but that doesn't bother you, does it, WeeEndowed, the white God Fauxing Christian? Btw, have you sent those threatening pms to the Mods yet?
Does fornication bother you- you old POS? Your God Fauxing Christian is getting as old and tired each time you post asshole. So answer me- you stated you were a Christian- do you not far God? Your dumb ass somehow confuses a person being a God fearing Christian with a person claiming to be a saint- I have never claimed to be a saint anywhere on this board you dumb fuck.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:12 PM   #70
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
That's exactly what the SCOTUS said will happen... Any church... tax exempt status, GONE... if they do not.
Can you provide a citation for that?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:40 PM   #71
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:

In the past it was a pact between a man and woman to raise children. Now its more like a benefits package with none of the cost (raising children).

I don't consider denying gays marriage treating them "unequally." They cannot "equally" have children. Most gays really don't want children. Most gays don't want to have a partner for life either.

Most gays just want health insurance and some of the legal and tax niceties with none of the inconveniences.

They don't really want to be married. If they did, they'd be procreating, but they don't...because their gay.

And a lot of hetero people today don't want traditional marriage. Some coworker put on his FB page put a picture of himself , his wife and two kids against overlayed with a gay pride logo celebrating the SC decision. He's not even married.

Most marriages don't last and the kids are split up long before they reach college age. Many women will pop a kid or two out for you gratis.

The institution is in trouble and the children suffer. I don't see how the SC decision helps marriage. IMO the SC would have done society a favor by not recognizing marriage as a govt sanctioned, govt funded social contract.
Human nature is a strange thing. We usually want what we can't have. Gays have been wanting equal marriage rights for thirty years. Now they have it. Watch the drama unfold.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:46 PM   #72
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
The churches should be paying taxes regardless.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #73
gary5912
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So is fornication with prostitutes, but that doesn't bother you, does it, WeeEndowed, the white God Fauxing Christian? Btw, have you sent those threatening pms to the Mods yet?

that's funny,weeendowed
gary5912 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #74
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Most marriages don't last, Turdfly?

link please.

Gays threaten children?

Link, please.

Your post is rife with questionable "facts." it's what you wants to be true, no doubt. But it isn't.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:17 AM   #75
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:

Although I don't agree with the SCOTUS- however your points are baseless and honestly stupid!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women