Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70723
biomed162803
Yssup Rider60480
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48490
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41892
CryptKicker37190
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36274
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-03-2015, 11:54 PM   #1
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 284979
Default Definition of Democracy

From Merriam Webster Dictionary:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/democracy
SeekingTruth is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 AM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Sorry, Deb, but another definition of democracy is two wolves and a chicken voting on what to have for lunch. We need a foundation of law protecting the rights of the individual.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:40 AM   #3
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Sorry, Deb, but another definition of democracy is two wolves and a chicken voting on what to have for lunch. We need a foundation of law protecting the rights of the individual.
You obviously have a right to your opinion and I like that. Anyone who exposes his personal honest opinion may be attacked; however, I believe in sticking to my guns!!! I do believe in being flexible, but for the good of the majority. So, guess I am a democrat!
Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 AM   #4
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Democracy is an illusion. As is our agency as human beings.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:41 AM   #5
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
Democracy is an illusion. As is our agency as human beings.
That is very negative. Democracy is real there are concerted efforts to make sure that democracy survives.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:49 AM   #6
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingTruth View Post
What's your point?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #7
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
That is very negative. Democracy is real there are concerted efforts to make sure that democracy survives.
Regardless, our agency is not.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #8
Texasbob
Lifetime Premium Access

Default This is not a democracy

We don't live in a democracy, we live in a republic. Rather than everyone vote on everything, every time, we elect leaders to make decisions for us.

In a true democracy, the majority would run over the minority in short order. That's why we have law, such as The First Amendment, to protect those that believe things that the majority (or the government) might not like.
Texasbob is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
You obviously have a right to your opinion and I like that. Anyone who exposes his personal honest opinion may be attacked; however, I believe in sticking to my guns!!! I do believe in being flexible, but for the good of the majority. So, guess I am a democrat!
You know I love you, and I'm proud of your courage. We can disagree, but I respect you, and I hope our paths cross someday.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Lol, real where? You don't get to vote on laws other than in your state. For America, representatives decide what is good for you.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #11
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
Lol, real where? You don't get to vote on laws other than in your state. For America, representatives decide what is good for you.

And we have the prerogative of voting them out of office. That's the way in works in a Republic.

Of course, things get skewed with the rise of the Demagogue and his or Her overwhelming appeal to those who simply vote for whom ever will give them something for nothing.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
And we have the prerogative of voting them out of office. That's the way in works in a Republic.

Of course, things get skewed with the rise of the Demagogue and his or Her overwhelming appeal to those who simply vote for whom ever will give them something for nothing.
Yes, we can vote them out of office, and we feel better. But much more often than not, the people we replace them with are owned by the same people who owned the one voted out. There is no real change. The system must be destroyed. Democrats and Republicans are on the same team, with very few exceptions.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:06 AM   #13
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Yes, we can vote them out of office, and we feel better. But much more often than not, the people we replace them with are owned by the same people who owned the one voted out. There is no real change. The system must be destroyed. Democrats and Republicans are on the same team, with very few exceptions.
The problem is that the people who actually should be in politics are working other jobs. The people who we get stuck with are the fucking leftovers.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:43 AM   #14
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

Quote:
The problem is that the people who actually should be in politics are working other jobs. The people who we get stuck with are the fucking leftovers.
I agree with you. I know it shocked me too. IMO all elected positions in the country should have term limits. We have it for the POTUS. Why the fuck is being in congress a life long career? It should be a maximum of 8 years of service, period. Also, the golden parachute that comes with serving in congress needs to go away.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #15
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Right now we have two outstanding examples of self made individules, (a Black Man and a Woman), who are running for POTUS in the Republican Primaries, but will be characterized by the Democrat lap dogs in the media as out of touch bafoons who do not understand the real voting public.

In the mean time, that same media will tout the success of a lying piece of crap whose only real claim to fame is she ran interference for a serial sexual predator.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women