Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41556
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35931
Mojojo33117

Old 12-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #31
threepeckeredbillygoat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandB fan View Post
Take your chances and run "red" diesel fuel.Save .44 cents in TX and risk jail.
And void all warranty when you take it in and and they find out you have ran it. And they will find out.
threepeckeredbillygoat is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #32
jwood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandB fan View Post
Take your chances and run "red" diesel fuel.Save .44 cents in TX and risk jail.
I have to buy both. Not going to chance it. Heard they have some way to tell from the exhaust if it's red.
jwood is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #33
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

are you enjoying the returns on your 401k this year? enjoying lower gas prices?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...e-decline.html

be worried... lower prices are good, up to a point... OPEC is trying to starve its competitors, and it's working.. your 401k is down several percentage points since Friday, and financial contagion will spread around the World.. if the US has to raise interest rates by even half a percentage point... be worried.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:38 AM   #34
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Jackson View Post
If gas was $5 a gallon everyone would complain,
Not me. That would mean that oil was back at $150/bbl. and my royalty checks and working interest checks would be almost three times what they are now. If I could just have one full year at $150/bbl. and $14/mcf, I'd never ask for anything else as long as I lived.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #35
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Not me. That would mean that oil was back at $150/bbl. and my royalty checks and working interest checks would be almost three times what they are now. If I could just have one full year at $150/bbl. and $14/mcf, I'd never ask for anything else as long as I lived.
Ok we get it. You're laughing all the way to the bank when the hardworking middle class is choosing between having food on the table or having enough gas to get to work.

I for one, am ecstatic about lower gas prices during the holidays. It gives us middle class families a chance to squirl away some extra and start the new year with some savings.

Not saying your wrong, TTH but sometimes its better not to gloat about certain things. For instance, I would never walk into Cooks and start bragging about how healthy my kids are...js.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:35 PM   #36
Chung Tran
BANNED

oil finished under $50 today, as the Dow Jones skidded 330 points... I'm afraid Texas will take a major hit this year.. our mini-boom the past 3 years or so, was on the tailwind of the oil success story... today is also the 102nd day in a row of falling gas prices (I just filled up at $1.68/gallon)...
Old 01-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #37
sparrow1122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Let's see what Putin does now!
sparrow1122 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #38
Trill Jackson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
oil finished under $50 today, as the Dow Jones skidded 330 points... I'm afraid Texas will take a major hit this year.. our mini-boom the past 3 years or so, was on the tailwind of the oil success story... today is also the 102nd day in a row of falling gas prices (I just filled up at $1.68/gallon)...
The majority of the citizens of Texas will not take a hit from gas prices, cheap gas will help 99% of Texans.
Trill Jackson is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:16 PM   #39
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Trill-- you are correct in many ways.. but a lot of oilfield workers in Texas are going to find themselves laid off shortly.. approximately 100k workers to be exact. Which.. is also going to hit the ladies in West Texas HARD.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #40
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracePreston View Post
Trill-- you are correct in many ways.. but a lot of oilfield workers in Texas are going to find themselves laid off shortly.. approximately 100k workers to be exact. Which.. is also going to hit the ladies in West Texas HARD.
also going to hit State tax revenues... some of y'all are too young to remember, but we went through this in 1986.. falling oil prices, a mini-recession in Texas..
Old 01-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #41
Trill Jackson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracePreston View Post
Unfortunately yes, but we all know those are both industries that pay good money but are unstable, it's a risk Versus reward situation.

People make great money in the oil fields, but nothing, including the next day's work is guaranteed in that line of work for a reason.

An extremely small majority of workers will suffer financially for the majority of the state and country's gain.
Trill Jackson is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:31 AM   #42
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

Actually, it's 15% of state GDP, so it will impact more than a few folks.

That's not as big a number as in the 80s, thank God, so we shouldn't see a repeat of that debacle (particularly if it rebounds more quickly), but it's gonna sting a bit.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:49 AM   #43
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I saw a forecast that said falling oil prices would begin to undercut home prices in Texas within six months. And in my part of the State, it a lot more than 15% if GDP. We're already seeing layoffs and folks with less money to spend. I overheard twolocal car dealers talking at lunch about folks that trade in like clock work were not trading in because of falling royalty checks. Local newspaper was talking about the effect on next year's appraisals and the school district's budget. Also talk of the school distruct putting off a bond issue until prices go back up.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:36 AM   #44
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

For me... I'm fortunate in that I am a more "budget friendly" oriented provider. If anything, the falling gas prices will help me because it will impact those who tend to gravitate to my type more than it will hurt. With the exception of Christmas week itself-- I had the busiest December I've had in years, thanks largely to the falling gas prices. But, there is a line where the downside will eventually kill the uptick.. that is the disadvantage of living in an oil rich and dependent state.

I vaguely remember the crash in the 1980's. The impact then was more than just oil workers being laid off... the ripple effect killed small businesses who relied on the oilfield workers, inflation skyrocketed, and interest rates shot through the roof. This crash won't be near as bad... the impact will be about 25% of what it was then, if you go by the numbers. But that is little comfort to those who live near the oilfields.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:54 AM   #45
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Ya the just below $2/gallon was nice for a brief minute but when it got below $1.80/gallon for over a week that's when I started to feel like things aren't right with this. I admittedly know nothing about the oil market but I do know that when the price of something like fuel drops significantly for too long its not good. Its went from "yay!!" to "no way!!" really quick.

We lost our home and had to file for bankruptcy in 2008 when my SO at the time got laid off. It was a string of events that came like a windfall but when they stopped drilling for oil he lost his job bc he had already been out for a major surgery. I feel for the oil workers right now a lot. Its a very scary situation to be in.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women