Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70754
biomed162920
Yssup Rider60570
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48534
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42101
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36481
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #91
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default You and Sara Palin will not like the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post

Furthermore, your little history lesson is asinine, and an excellent example of everything that is wrong with partisan politics in general.A brief history lesson. Remember this one phrase and you will understand what got us here. Trickle Down Economics. For nearly a century now, we have done nothing but accumulate debt. It has not been a century that has been the debt problem but the last 34 years in particular. Dick Cheney who worked for Regan and was Bush's VP , said debt did not matter. Google itWe have LONG since passed the point at which pointing fingers will do any good. Guess what? I disagree....if you do not understand how you got here, how the fuck are you going to fix the problem? So the mantra on the right for the last 30 plus years has been to cut taxes. WTF did you think would happen? If we build up our military and cut taxes wtf did you think would happen? Democrats and Republicans have both buried us under a mountain of debt. True but only one party wanted to raise taxes to pay for their wants.....can you guess which one? The task now is to stop spending ourselves into oblivion and pay back what we have stolen from our children. We haven't stolen anything yet.....our children are going to say fuck you in the form of cutting back some of these Medicare benefits we have given ourselves without have budgeted for. Now the Sara Palin's of the world will cry Death Panels. She and others like her want to cut government spending except of course when the government proposes to try and cut government spending. I don't give a rat's ass who balances our budget, as long as it gets balanced. I don't give a rat's ass which President starts paying down our debt, as long as it gets paid down.

They you will not give a shit if we cut Defense spending and Medicare. You do not give a shit if we have 25% unemployment? Because that is wtf will happen. You talk the Tea Party game...it sounds good to the ignorant but wtf do you actually propose? WTF would you cut? We had to try and control healthcare costs....the ACA tried to do that. IMHO there were to many hands in the kitchen. But if you do not understand that containing healthcare cost were/are the biggest goal this country has....you my dear are the one not informed. If your idea of raising revenue is to cut taxes....you have no idea of the history or meaning of the Laffer Curve.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #92
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
They you will not give a shit if we cut Defense spending and Medicare. You do not give a shit if we have 25% unemployment? Because that is wtf will happen. You talk the Tea Party game...it sounds good to the ignorant but wtf do you actually propose? WTF would you cut? We had to try and control healthcare costs....the ACA tried to do that. IMHO there were to many hands in the kitchen. But if you do not understand that containing healthcare cost were/are the biggest goal this country has....you my dear are the one not informed. If your idea of raising revenue is to cut taxes....you have no idea of the history or meaning of the Laffer Curve.
I. Assumptions:

You are such a typical liberal. You've made an assload of ASSumptions, and based on your ignorant assumptions, conclude that I must not be as informed as you.

Lets start with a simple one. Have you ever seen me suggest that we need to cut taxes? No? Go find me a quote where I said we need to cut taxes.

Where did you see me say that I would object to cutting defense spending to cut our deficit? Again, go find me that quote. I will wait.

Where the fuck did you get the idea that I in any way support Sarah Palin?

Lastly, here is a little history lesson for you. The first Tea Party rallies were held in 2009. I will give you bonus points if you can tell me where and when the first Tea Party rallies were held, and for the Lightning Round, tell me what news commentator inspired the idea for the Tea Party rallies. I'll be over here buffing my nails while you go do your Google thing.

I mention the above because your last and most ignorant ASSumption is that I jumped on the Tea Party bandwagon. Nope. I've been a deficit hawk since I was still in high school and a reporter once stopped me for one of those "man on the street" poll questions. She wanted to know if I blamed President Bush (Sr.) or Congress for the deficit. I looked at her like she was an idiot and told her that any member of Congress that votes to approve a budget in deficit, and any President who signs a budget in deficit is to blame for a budget that is not in balance, then I asked if her if she understood how the democratic process actually works. I also told her that they were guilty of theft and should be arrested. Oddly enough, I was not one of the people she chose to quote for her article. Dammit. My moment of fame passed me by.

Now then, on with our tale.

II. History:

You wish to speak of history. Yes, lets do that. Firstly, you are incorrect. Our addiction to deficit spending does in fact go back for an entire century. First off, it is important to realize that we have never actually been debt free as a nation. From the end of the Revolutionary War, to present day, we have always carried a debt balance.

However, when you look at our history of debt over the first century and a half of our history, a pattern can be seen. During times of peace, we tended to pay down debt (without an income tax mind you). During times of war, our debt increased. There were also other times when we took on large debts for other reasons, The Louisiana Purchase probably being one of the largest debts we incurred for non-wartime spending. But in general, except in times of war or crisis, we paid down our debt. Would you believe that at one time, we only held a meager $32,000 in debt? Hard to imagine, isn't it?

Then, around 1900 that pattern shifted. We began accumulating debt even when we were not at war. After the end of WWI, we again paid down debt through most of the 1920's, but that is where it ends. Beginning after the stock market crash, we again began accumulating debt and from then until now, we have added debt every single year, with only a few exceptions. Eisenhower, my favorite President, paid down debt during two of his years in office. However, even Ike left behind more debt than he started with. I forgive him though. Between fighting the Korean War, building our interstate system, and launching the space program, he had quite a bit on his plate.

In the past century we have had both Democrats and Republicans in office. We have had Congresses controlled by both Democrats and Republicans. Yet, the increase in our national debt has continued unabated for more than 60 years. In the last 100 years, from 1913 to present, we have paid down debt in only 17 years. So yes actually, this IS a problem that has been going on for a very long time. Our grandparents borrowed money that they never repaid, our parents borrowed money that they never repaid, and we are now borrowing money that we ourselves will NEVER repay. If that isn't theft, then what do you call it? (1)

Now lets talk about Cheney. Yup, I remember what he said, and shockingly, I didn't need Google to find out. He was an idiot when he said it. I will remind you that in 2004, I was so completely pissed off at Republicans because of their spending that I voted a straight Democratic ticket. I did it again in 2006, because I didn't think Republicans had gotten the message yet.

In theory, yes actually we can accumulate debt indefinitely without harming our credit or our economy. As long as our GDP continues to increase faster than the amount of debt we can create, then theoretically the debt increase can continue indefinitely. However, this is a monumentally stupid way to handle our business because all economies will contract from time to time. Operating at a constant deficit means that even a small economic hiccup can have disastrous results and turn a short recession into a chronic one.

Not to mention the fact that the more debt we accumulate, the more interest we pay every year. We are now paying nearly HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS in interest alone every year. (2) I don't know about you, but pissing that much money away every year makes me want to puke. I can think of a couple thousand different ways that we could be putting that money to better use.

III. Crisis

I said that pointing fingers and blaming wouldn't do any good, and that our task now is to stop spending ourselves into oblivion, and to start paying back what we've stolen. You disagreed and said that if we don't understand how we got where we are, we cannot avoid it in the future. You are half right, and the irony is that in your correct statement, you also make yourself a hypocrite. How fun!

First off, when you find yourself in a hole there are three easy steps to save yourself. They are as follows:
  1. Stop Digging
  2. Get your ass out of the hole
  3. Now that you got your ass out of the hole, learn from your mistake so you don't dig yourself into another hole

Let me give you another example. Lets say you suffer a temporary blackout. When you come around from your blackout, you discover that you are laying on your back smack dab in the center of a busy interstate. Cars are rushing by you on each side, blaring their horn at the idiot in the middle of the road, and barely missing you as they whistle by.

What do you?

A. Meditate in the middle of the road, asking yourself esoteric questions about which came first, the road or the car, while you try and find enlightenment that will explain how you came to be in the middle of the road?

B. Get your ass out of the middle of the road before you get yourself creamed?

I choose option B. There will be time enough once the crisis has been solved to process, learn, change, and grow to ensure that the same crisis is never again created. But in the short term, the much higher priority is to find solutions. The task before us is to SOLVE the problem. Then we can worry about understanding how we got to this point so that we can avoid it in the future.

You said we haven't stolen anything yet. No? We are currently at $17.5 TRILLION dollars in debt. (3) Do you think we are going to have all of that money put back before our children grow up and start working? Our children will have no choice but to pay the interest on the debt WE accumulated. They will be the ones who will have to PAY off our debts. Did we ask their permission to spend their money? No? Then that is theft. When you spend someone else's money without their consent that is theft. Our parents stole from us, and rather than deal with it, we just kicked the can down the road. Now we are passing on the debt we inherited plus a shitload more to the next generation. As Bill Joel said, we didn't start this fire. But rather than put it out, we turned around and threw more gasoline on it.

Now, why did I label this section "Crisis"? Simple. Our current economic policies are unsustainable. As I stated earlier, in theory we actually can accumulate debt indefinitely, provided we keep our debt to GDP ratio manageable. However, it is a piss poor way to manage our finances, but more importantly, our debt to GDP ratio is NOT sustainable. As of last year, our Debt to GDP ratio was 73%. (4) This is not sustainable. This is why we absolutely must get our spending under control NOW, not later. We have already had our credit rating lowered twice in the last few years. (5)(6) If you think the housing bubble bursting sent our economy into a tail spin, wait and see what will happen when or if other countries decide that the US Dollar is no longer stable or a sound investment. I say "if" because I pray to God that day will never come. However, as long as we continue to spend money the way we have been spending, then the crash of the dollar will be an inevitability.

IV. Proposals

So you asked what I propose. Very little. In the past couple of years we actually have made some very good progress at reducing our deficit. In fact, we just got some good news in April that the deficit for 2014 is actually going to be a little smaller than anticipated. So I am happy about that. The deficit for next year is projected to drop to around $400 Billion, which is even better news. However, the CBO also predicts that starting in 2016, the deficit will again expand. (7)

We still need to cut out nearly half a trillion in deficit spending, and if we are ever to pay down our debt, need to create an additional half a trillion in surplus with which to pay down debt. Consider this: even if we balanced our budget right this instant, and created a $500 BILLION (with a B) surplus to pay down debt, it would take 35 years to actually pay off our debt. Pretty staggering when you put it in those terms.

I'm not Einstein, and I don't pretend to have the solution. First off, we need to abandon the idea of sacred cows. Liberals will agree that we need to cut spending, but don't you dare touch any kind of entitlement program. Conservatives will agree that we need to cut spending, but don't you dare touch defense spending.

They are both wrong. I say lets make whatever cuts are necessary to bring the budget into balance. Entitlements, defense, whatever it takes. Small cuts here and there without regard to sacred cows, over a period of years, combined with a steady increase in tax revenues would have our budget balanced within a matter of years. Those same cuts continued over a few more years would create a surplus to pay down debt.

The problem of deficit spending is not insoluble, nor does it mean we would crash the economy. $100 billion in less spending this year out of a budget more than $3 trillion would not destroy us. (8) Nor would spending another $100 billion less next year, and the year after that. Would it mean some of us might have to tighten our belts? Perhaps. But you know what? That is exactly what a parent is supposed to do. Good parents make sacrifices for their kids, and if we don't have the moral fortitude to make some small sacrifices now so that our children can have a better future, then we might as well just hang it up and admit that we are utter failures.

Notes:
1. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...t/histdebt.htm
2. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...ir_expense.htm
3. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...3/2013_sep.pdf
4. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...-09-17-1091240
5. http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...IxI_story.html
6. http://www.cnbc.com/id/49037337
7. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...01563800875216
8. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ets/budget.pdf pp. 189
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #93
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
(to WTF)

I. Assumptions:

You are such a typical liberal. You've made an assload of ASSumptions, and based on your ignorant assumptions, conclude that I must not be as informed as you.
Wow - unlike your illegal alien workforce, she talks back to you WTF!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #94
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
I sincerely would like to ask the following questions and hopefully get a valid and honest response:

1) Do you accept and respect our Voting system? yes

2) Do you guys/gals love America?The country, yes, the current government, no..

3) Is your hate for Obama a hidden racial agenda? no
4) Are their any policies or anything that Obama has done that you support ? I thought his advocacy for the Olympics in Chicago was supportable.
Remember, opposing one's government is not treasonous but rather the right of free men.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #95
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Remember, opposing one's government is not treasonous but rather the right of free men.
Disingenuous pussy whip. Are yOu a free man, JLHomo?

Nawww... Mommy made you shave off your payos and come home...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #96
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Wow - unlike your illegal alien workforce, she talks back to you WTF!
The only thing you have ever heard a woman say is...."Me love you long time". So how the fuck would you know what a woman talking back sounds like?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #97
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
The only thing you have ever heard a woman say is...."Me love you long time". So how the fuck would you know what a woman talking back sounds like?
Yea but he then paid her and heard the door shut... win win!
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #98
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Yea but he then paid her and heard the door shut... win win!
A couple of shekels and a cup of rice ain't much payment!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #99
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm married, genius.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:38 PM   #100
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

WPF, why don't you answer SOTF? It's simple. You don't understand what she's saying. Once again, you stereotype, make shit up, put it down, and think you've proven your intelligence. You haven't. You're pathetic. Get help.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:43 AM   #101
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

The IRS admits that they have overpaid, misplaced, or lost over $100 billion this last year. HHS usually admits to about $60 billion lost. Who know how much the defense department misplaces and this includes the VA. This is not squandered money but lost money. Squandered money is like all that money that went to "green" energy. This is just lost money. The Tea Party/conservatives and even some democrats would like to put accountibility back into government. If a person can lose their job for mismanagement and jail for criminal actions then wasted money will stop in most cases.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #102
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
WPF, why don't you answer SOTF? It's simple. You don't understand what she's saying. Once again, you stereotype, make shit up, put it down, and think you've proven your intelligence. You haven't. You're pathetic. Get help.
Dick lips, I had already written a repy to her Tea filled post but, my internet went down. I was able to use my phone to post for posting short replies last night but could not use my phone on her manifesto.

Quote:
I. Assumptions:

You are such a typical liberal. You've made an assload of ASSumptions, and based on your ignorant assumptions, conclude that I must not be as informed as you. If you think I am liberal you're dumber than I thought you were.

Lets start with a simple one. Have you ever seen me suggest that we need to cut taxes? No? Go find me a quote where I said we need to cut taxes.

Where did you see me say that I would object to cutting defense spending to cut our deficit? Again, go find me that quote. I will wait.

Where the fuck did you get the idea that I in any way support Sarah Palin?

Lastly, here is a little history lesson for you. The first Tea Party rallies were held in 2009. I will give you bonus points if you can tell me where and when the first Tea Party rallies were held, and for the Lightning Round, tell me what news commentator inspired the idea for the Tea Party rallies. I'll be over here buffing my nails while you go do your Google thing. I do not have to Google that ...the fucking guy on CNBC started that Hillbilly rallying cry for goobers.

I mention the above because your last and most ignorant ASSumption is that I jumped on the Tea Party bandwagon. Nope. I've been a deficit hawk since I was still in high school and a reporter once stopped me for one of those "man on the street" poll questions. She wanted to know if I blamed President Bush (Sr.) or Congress for the deficit. I looked at her like she was an idiot and told her that any member of Congress that votes to approve a budget in deficit, and any President who signs a budget in deficit is to blame for a budget that is not in balance, then I asked if her if she understood how the democratic process actually works. I also told her that they were guilty of theft and should be arrested. Oddly enough, I was not one of the people she chose to quote for her article. Dammit. My moment of fame passed me by. Wow...that is impressive.
I hate to tell your silly ass this...butt all debt is not bad. If it was very few of us would buy a home. Our debt is generally looked at vs our GDP. Debt without the ability to repay it is bad. Do you understand that the discovery of all this oil in the United States has righted our ship? Given us the ability to actually repay this debt and get out of the policing the world/nation building business ?

Now then, on with our tale.

Tall Tale would be more accurate.

II. History:

You wish to speak of history. Yes, lets do that. Firstly, you are incorrect. Our addiction to deficit spending does in fact go back for an entire century. First off, it is important to realize that we have never actually been debt free as a nation. From the end of the Revolutionary War, to present day, we have always carried a debt balance.

However, when you look at our history of debt over the first century and a half of our history, a pattern can be seen. During times of peace, we tended to pay down debt (without an income tax mind you). During times of war, our debt increased. There were also other times when we took on large debts for other reasons, The Louisiana Purchase probably being one of the largest debts we incurred for non-wartime spending. But in general, except in times of war or crisis, we paid down our debt. Would you believe that at one time, we only held a meager $32,000 in debt? Hard to imagine, isn't it?

Then, around 1900 that pattern shifted. We began accumulating debt even when we were not at war. After the end of WWI, we again paid down debt through most of the 1920's, but that is where it ends. Beginning after the stock market crash, we again began accumulating debt and from then until now, we have added debt every single year, with only a few exceptions. Eisenhower, my favorite President, paid down debt during two of his years in office. However, even Ike left behind more debt than he started with. I forgive him though. Between fighting the Korean War, building our interstate system, and launching the space program, he had quite a bit on his plate.

In the past century we have had both Democrats and Republicans in office. We have had Congresses controlled by both Democrats and Republicans. Yet, the increase in our national debt has continued unabated for more than 60 years. In the last 100 years, from 1913 to present, we have paid down debt in only 17 years. So yes actually, this IS a problem that has been going on for a very long time. Our grandparents borrowed money that they never repaid, our parents borrowed money that they never repaid, and we are now borrowing money that we ourselves will NEVER repay. If that isn't theft, then what do you call it? (1)

Now lets talk about Cheney. Yup, I remember what he said, and shockingly, I didn't need Google to find out. He was an idiot when he said it. I will remind you that in 2004, I was so completely pissed off at Republicans because of their spending that I voted a straight Democratic ticket. I did it again in 2006, because I didn't think Republicans had gotten the message yet.

In theory, yes actually we can accumulate debt indefinitely without harming our credit or our economy. As long as our GDP continues to increase faster than the amount of debt we can create, then theoretically the debt increase can continue indefinitely. However, this is a monumentally stupid way to handle our business because all economies will contract from time to time. Operating at a constant deficit means that even a small economic hiccup can have disastrous results and turn a short recession into a chronic one.

Not to mention the fact that the more debt we accumulate, the more interest we pay every year. We are now paying nearly HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS in interest alone every year. (2) I don't know about you, but pissing that much money away every year makes me want to puke. I can think of a couple thousand different ways that we could be putting that money to better use.

You have basically repeated wtf I said. I just did not give an 8th grade history blurp. But would you make a mental note of when that graph spiked. It was thirty 34 years ago....just like I said ...not a hundred like you said.
Quote:

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

III. Crisis

I said that pointing fingers and blaming wouldn't do any good, and that our task now is to stop spending ourselves into oblivion, and to start paying back what we've stolen. You disagreed and said that if we don't understand how we got where we are, we cannot avoid it in the future. You are half right, and the irony is that in your correct statement, you also make yourself a hypocrite. How fun!

First off, when you find yourself in a hole there are three easy steps to save yourself. They are as follows:

1. Stop Digging
  2. Get your ass out of the hole
  3. Now that you got your ass out of the hole, learn from your mistake so you don't dig yourself into another hole

Let me give you another example. Lets say you suffer a temporary blackout. When you come around from your blackout, you discover that you are laying on your back smack dab in the center of a busy interstate. Cars are rushing by you on each side, blaring their horn at the idiot in the middle of the road, and barely missing you as they whistle by.

What do you?

A. Meditate in the middle of the road, asking yourself esoteric questions about which came first, the road or the car, while you try and find enlightenment that will explain how you came to be in the middle of the road?

B. Get your ass out of the middle of the road before you get yourself creamed?

This was a dumb ass analogy. Like I said earlier if you knew wtf you were talking about instead of running around from rally to rally you would know this.

What should have been done was what the Bowles/Simpson commission suggested.
http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/13/news/economy/debt_commission_obama/index.htm

That called for a slow steady removal from the hole. Not a hurried run up the side of the hole that could bury you alive.

Remember , you are not talking to a Tea Turkey cheering your what seems at first glance like a bright idea, on.

I choose option B. There will be time enough once the crisis has been solved to process, learn, change, and grow to ensure that the same crisis is never again created. But in the short term, the much higher priority is to find solutions. The task before us is to SOLVE the problem. Then we can worry about understanding how we got to this point so that we can avoid it in the future.

You said we haven't stolen anything yet. No? We are currently at $17.5 TRILLION dollars in debt. (3) Do you think we are going to have all of that money put back before our children grow up and start working? Our children will have no choice but to pay the interest on the debt WE accumulated. No evidently you can not read....they can choose to not pay for granny and grandpa's Medicare that granny and grandpa did not pay for. They will be the ones who will have to PAY off our debts. Do you understand that they will cut social services? Did we ask their permission to spend their money? No? Do you understand where that money went? We bought military toys and left the SS/Medicare system a bunch of IOU's. Hopefully our children will see through this sham and cut military spending too. Then that is theft. When you spend someone else's money without their consent that is theft. Our parents stole from us, and rather than deal with it, we just kicked the can down the road. Now we are passing on the debt we inherited plus a shitload more to the next generation. As Bill Joel said, we didn't start this fire. But rather than put it out, we turned around and threw more gasoline on it. If you want to put it out slowly you need to follow the Bowles/Simpson report.

Now, why did I label this section "Crisis"? Simple. Our current economic policies are unsustainable. As I stated earlier, in theory we actually can accumulate debt indefinitely, provided we keep our debt to GDP ratio manageable. However, it is a piss poor way to manage our finances, but more importantly, our debt to GDP ratio is NOT sustainable. As of last year, our Debt to GDP ratio was 73%. (4) This is not sustainable. This is why we absolutely must get our spending under control NOW, not later. We have already had our credit rating lowered twice in the last few years. (5)(6) If you think the housing bubble bursting sent our economy into a tail spin, wait and see what will happen when or if other countries decide that the US Dollar is no longer stable or a sound investment. I say "if" because I pray to God that day will never come. However, as long as we continue to spend money the way we have been spending, then the crash of the dollar will be an inevitability.
The crash of every single Empire is inevitability. But it will come slowly much like the British and all others. You pissing and moaning will not stop it.

IV. Proposals

So you asked what I propose. Very little. In the past couple of years we actually have made some very good progress at reducing our deficit. In fact, we just got some good news in April that the deficit for 2014 is actually going to be a little smaller than anticipated. So I am happy about that. The deficit for next year is projected to drop to around $400 Billion, which is even better news. However, the CBO also predicts that starting in 2016, the deficit will again expand. (7)

We still need to cut out nearly half a trillion in deficit spending, and if we are ever to pay down our debt, need to create an additional half a trillion in surplus with which to pay down debt. Consider this: even if we balanced our budget right this instant, and created a $500 BILLION (with a B) surplus to pay down debt, it would take 35 years to actually pay off our debt. Pretty staggering when you put it in those terms.

I'm not Einstein, and I don't pretend to have the solution. First off, we need to abandon the idea of sacred cows. Liberals will agree that we need to cut spending, but don't you dare touch any kind of entitlement program. Conservatives will agree that we need to cut spending, but don't you dare touch defense spending.

You now sound like Bowles/Simpson....my point is we will do nothing. We never do shit unless there is in fact a crisis.

They are both wrong. I say lets make whatever cuts are necessary to bring the budget into balance. Entitlements, defense, whatever it takes. Small cuts here and there without regard to sacred cows, over a period of years, combined with a steady increase in tax revenues would have our budget balanced within a matter of years. Those same cuts continued over a few more years would create a surplus to pay down debt.

Yes and we can all hold hands and sing Christmas Songs forever....

The problem of deficit spending is not insoluble, nor does it mean we would crash the economy. $100 billion in less spending this year out of a budget more than $3 trillion would not destroy us. (8) Nor would spending another $100 billion less next year, and the year after that. Would it mean some of us might have to tighten our belts? Perhaps. But you know what? That is exactly what a parent is supposed to do. Good parents make sacrifices for their kids, and if we don't have the moral fortitude to make some small sacrifices now so that our children can have a better future, then we might as well just hang it up and admit that we are utter failures.

Notes:
1. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt.htm
2. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm
3. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/account/2013/2013_sep.pdf
4. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-debt-now-about-73-of-gdp-cbo-says-2013-09-17-1091240
5. http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/sandp-considering-first-downgrade-of-us-credit-rating/2011/08/05/gIQAqKeIxI_story.html
6. http://www.cnbc.com/id/49037337
7. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142405270230388780457950 1563800875216
8. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2014/assets/budget.pdf pp. 189

You and your Tea Party friends are living in a fantasy world....I am living in reality.

Sorry...you have proposed nothing that Bowles/Simpson haven't already proposed.

Both sides acted like Monkeys and started throwing shit at each other. The Tea Party thinks they are above the fray yet their hands are just as shit smeared as any. It is called human nature my dear, you throw shit with the best of us.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:09 AM   #103
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Talking JD or COG?

Quote:
I'm married, genius.
Congrats,

btw ,

Who is the unlucky guy?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #104
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Congrats,

btw ,

Who is the unlucky guy?

You probably knew him as Marshy!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #105
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

You have basically repeated wtf I said. I just did not give an 8th grade history blurp. But would you make a mental note of when that graph spiked. It was thirty 34 years ago....just like I said ...not a hundred like you said.

Good of you to admit that an 8th grader is smarter than you.

No evidently you can not read....they can choose to not pay for granny and grandpa's Medicare that granny and grandpa did not pay for. Do you understand that they will cut social services? Do you understand where that money went? We bought military toys and left the SS/Medicare system a bunch of IOU's. Hopefully our children will see through this sham and cut military spending too.

Still with the finger pointing. Did Kennedy buy military toys? Did Carter buy military toys? Did Clinton buy military toys? Hey, lets dig Ronnie Ray-gun up and bitch slap him for running up debts. That will solve the problem right? Since, according to your narrative he is apparently the only President to ever run huge deficits.

Why do labor under the delusion that if our kids choose to cut or even abolish Medicare to pay off our debts, that somehow makes it ok? It will still be their tax dollars, their hard earned money being used to pay for our and our parent's piss poor irresponsible choices.

Sorry...you have proposed nothing that Bowles/Simpson haven't already proposed.

I fuckin love it. "The bitch is right and that pisses me off. Oh well, I can still trash talk better than she does"

Both sides acted like Monkeys and started throwing shit at each other. The Tea Party thinks they are above the fray yet their hands are just as shit smeared as any. It is called human nature my dear, you throw shit with the best of us.
[/FONT]

Now this, I am in complete agreement with you.

You do realize though, that with your reply here, you have basically admitted that your only real problem here is that you have rolled over and waved a white flag of surrender, believing that our spending addiction can never be solved. Furthermore, apparently your only problem with the Tea Party is that those of us who still call for a balanced budget and debt repayment haven't given up yet. Sad. You keep wringing your hands and wailing over our inevitable destruction. Meanwhile, I'll be over here, still preaching the gospel of fiscal discipline and responsibility.

SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women