Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70760
biomed162941
Yssup Rider60591
gman4453261
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48542
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42143
CryptKicker37192
The_Waco_Kid36515
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Is the word Negro slanderous?
Yes 21 15.33%
No 71 51.82%
What's a negro? 4 2.92%
People of color need to learn to get over "words" 45 32.85%
heh... 12 8.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #46
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldscum View Post
This might make more sense if you said east of Beaumont....ijs.
I-10 runs right through the middle of Vidor so it still pretty much applies.
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #47
the cute papi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

The only form of the n word that is offensive is Ni**er, because it has no other meaning.
the cute papi is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #48
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
I thincks someone is hearing but not listening. We are talking about negro. Not popular culture throwing around some word like m&m's.

Zanzibar, count the number of time Tarantino used Negro in Django?

I'm listening and hearing. The Negro subject has been addressed. I knew the point you were making when you used it the original thread my point though was two fold. Some blacks may not like your brand of humor while using the word and some whites may look at your use of the word in a humorous context to show inconsistencies of the mods or to be "opportunistic" in their use of the word.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #49
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Quote:
Santa Fe comes to mind
.....and you would definitely be correct in that.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #50
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Derived from the word Negroid. One of the three racial classifications of humans. The others being Caucasoid and Mongoloid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar789 View Post
It starts with N-E-G (short form version of the word negative) so yes ;-)
So Caucasoid and Caucasian are offensive because the start with cauc and by using it you mean all white people are dicks? But if I'm white I can use it because I KNOW I'm a dick?

Quote:
^ DED in what context? I listen to some rap music with the slur lyrics and I also watch some movies with it as well. I'm assuming you don't?
Quote:
^ Why do you think that is? If the N-Word is used in music, America is up in arms but if used in movies it's time to hand out Oscars. My official PC answer = Art can imitate life but life can't imitate art.
Yes, music, film, TV are art. Life shouldn't imitate art except to make very specific and well understood points.

"Woman is the Ni**er of the World", John Lennon or "Ni**ers, Jews and Sigma Nus, all they ever do is breed", Kinky Friedman. Both used the offense in the words to make a point against the underlying misogyny, racism and prejudice. Thus the use is acceptable, even laudable, though some will get offended anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
Kinda like how the word "whore" is not derogatory on this site .......but words like bitch, slut, cunt, twat, etc ....is different depending on the context that it's used in....
Context is very important and the N-word (not Negro as we are discussing here) because of its history and use seems to carry extra context along with the word in this society and to some extent by extension to every society that is influenced by America. If you used it (or it were used) in Tuvalu or Mongolia or some remote isolated area it would have no context and thus no offense unless used by Western people about Western people. Words themselves are not offensive without context because they don't have meaning without context. The primary context is the language itself and the society that uses that language. Extra context may be added by history, situation or speaker and even by tone, inflection and interpretation. A perfectly innocent word may be made offensive by delivery or even how it is perceived without intention by the speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cute papi View Post
The only form of the n word that is offensive is Ni**er, because it has no other meaning.
Pretty much true as far as I can tell. Negro on the other hand is outdated, as is Oriental in favor of Asian, and could be considered mildly offensive by some sensitive people but as long as not used in offensive fashion is not generally offensive in itself IMHO. I'm sure some people consider "H***y" and "Cr***er" offensive, but I have asked (mostly in jest) to be called both proudly just to diffuse any power they might have. I'm me and cannot be denigrated by any reference to my pasty pink blotchy not very attractive skin or my Southern background no matter how much someone tries. OTOH my forebears (who came to the midwest in the late 19th century and got to Texas in the mid-20th century) weren't the white people who oppressed other poor white people as well as other poor non-white people so I just don't have any dog in this hunt either.

That said, moderating this board is a tough job and they can decide that any word they want or any language in a certain context is offensive. IMHO the proper approach is if isn't obvious is to warn first and then penalize just for consistency sake unless they can find a transgression of an obvious rule. If the joke context cited it might have been a little heavy handed. Would the offender have been cited if he/she used Black rather than Negro? I don't know, but who really gives a shit anyway?
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #51
Guest082824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Let's all try to stay away from posting the all Derogatory racial remarks and stick to the topic of the thread, the word NEGRO...

If I missed any, please feel free to RTM the post
Guest082824 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #52
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolero View Post
For those of you who are wondering what started this, take a look at this thread.
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1007214

Member said she had a phone stolen. Another member said it must have been a Negro. Another member took it further.
I'm not saying any of this is right (or wrong).

Note the first member took it further before the second member took it further.

Did the first member receive a warning (or points) for this statement?
Quote:
Negroes have excellent built-in night time camo
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #53
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

In terms of that form that you posted, "No".

The word "Negro" was never meant to be a derogatory term but a classification for the government or whomever to get a head count.

There have been several terms used on a form like this over the years from "Black" to "African American".

I consider myself "Black". I've never been to Africa, never considered myself African, don't want to live in Africa. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I am American.

Don't use the "N" word and don't like hearing the "N" word. No matter the source.
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #54
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Taint knows no race ... ijs.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #55
Dorian Gray
Für die beeinflussen

Encounters: 61

Don't you tricks in Mod-Ville talk before you let one of them off the chain? So far it seems only one saw it as a violation of some sorts. Another is indifferent. Two UNDERSTAND the value of a well stocked vocabulary.

Isn't that one of the reason for multiple mods. So one of you don't go all Judge Dredd "I am the law"
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #56
dex236
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Many will be offended, most don't care, just like everything else...even my opinion.
dex236 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #57
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Old 03-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #58
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Don't you tricks in Mod-Ville talk before you let one of them off the chain? So far it seems only one saw it as a violation of some sorts. Another is indifferent. Two UNDERSTAND the value of a well stocked vocabulary.

Isn't that one of the reason for multiple mods. So one of you don't go all Judge Dredd "I am the law"
Enjoy being the Opressor in the Land of RealPolitik(al correctness), Dorian. In this land the most ignorant among us hold the whip hand, and a Shakespearian vocabulary, even if precisely deployed, might get your ass in deepest feces....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controv...22niggardly%22
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #59
Dorian Gray
Für die beeinflussen

Encounters: 61

Yeah. How about we talk about the topic word & not the one for some reason "people" keep pulling out their lack of reading comprehension ass?
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #60
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak View Post
Pretty much any noun can become a derogatory term, dependent upon the speaker's venom and the delicacy of audience sensibilities. Anyone who's ever been called MAN by an infuriated bull dagger will know this is true. In that case, though, it's easy to laugh it off because - as far as I know - nobody has figured out how to get paid behind it. Yet. Unlike JELLYBEAN.

I have a client that calls me his Negrita. I think its cute.

The first white guy I ever dated, his grandmother was very old and referred to me on day as a "nice colored girl". I did not mind that either.

Context is everything but the N WORD is a no no. It sounds as ugly as the demon who invented it, especially when someone of a different color use it.
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women