Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41555
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35931
Mojojo33117

Old 06-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #76
CJ7
Valued Poster

the vaccine is there for the asking, theres no mandatory statute that makes anyone do anything.

If parents decide to protect their children the best way they think they can, its their decision. If young adults decide to protect themselves the decision is theirs.

in either case, hindsight comes into play should either decide not to, and HPV rears its ugly head and years later becomes a threat to their life.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #77
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I agree that wide spread vaccination of a populace provides protection to those who aren't vaccinated. I'm making a point that those who get the vaccine are taking a risk also.

But what I recall reading when Gov Perry tried to pass a state law that every schoolgirl get an HPV shot was that the rate of HPV infection was not that high. And there were many strains of HPV and not all of them caused cervical cancer and the HPV vaccine did not protect against all the strains that did cause cancer. It turned out (at the time) to be a big oversell and that the HPV vaccine mfr was a contributor to Perry's campaign.

My point about the herpes and AIDS virus is oversell also. Just create a "panic" number and ask for money and denigrate any person who questions the real extent of the threat.
That is a good point. You suprise me sometimes.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #78
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Actually I thought the same thing when I read the post. I just could not bring myself to say something good about a worthless Turdfly!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #79
CJ7
Valued Poster

I gave it a minute to soak in and see if it was a lucid moment from gonadfly, or if I was in a dream

then I became side tracked when I had to step over an annoying pile of bullshit

WTF +1
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #80
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
I gave it a minute to soak in and see if it was a lucid moment from gonadfly, or if I was in a dream

then I became side tracked when I had to step over an annoying pile of bullshit

WTF +1
Is "gonadfly" a synonym of "turdfly?"
Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #81
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Is "gonadfly" a synonym of "turdfly?"
gonads and turds are different ... except in this case
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #82
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
gonads and turds are different ... except in this case
They appear to be interchangeable in certain circumstances!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #83
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
the vaccine is there for the asking, theres no mandatory statute that makes anyone do anything.

If parents decide to protect their children the best way they think they can, its their decision. If young adults decide to protect themselves the decision is theirs.

in either case, hindsight comes into play should either decide not to, and HPV rears its ugly head and years later becomes a threat to their life.
+1
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #84
CJ7
Valued Poster

bump
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #85
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
That was just another one of my "demand evidence" posts that you dismiss. You've latched onto it because it castes Gov Perry in a bad light.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #86
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
You've latched onto it because it castes Gov Perry in a bad light.
The only thing that doesn't caste Governor Goodhair " in a bad light" is for him to do absolutely nothing.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #87
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
That was just another one of my "demand evidence" posts that you dismiss. You've latched onto it because it castes Gov Perry in a bad light.
No, I think Perry was correct in theory, he made a mistake with his hubris. Not often does he get called out by the GOP dominated legislature.

No matter had there been a tie in or not with big pharma....our Bible thumpers were not going to let common sense prevail.

I commented on this extensively when it played out. I was for Gov Perry on this one. I do not think it made him look bad, I think it made the simpletons that would rather see their daughters grow up and die of preventable cance look bad.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #88
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Well, it looks like the vaccine is working DESPITE relatively low rates of "uptake":

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/hpv-in...id=msnhp&pos=1

Key quotes:
------------------------------
"Infections with the human papillomavirus tied to cervical cancer fell by more than half in U.S. teen girls after the HPV vaccine was introduced in 2006, despite high-profile controversy -- and low rates of uptake, a new study shows."

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry issued a 2007 executive order mandating that all sixth-grade girls be required to get HPV vaccinations, a move he later disavowed, and in 2011, Rep. Michele Bachmann ignited a firestorm by raising questions about the safety of the vaccine and whether it could cause "mental retardation."

"Even now, only about a third of U.S. teen girls ages 13 to 17 have had the full series of shots that prevent HPV infection, despite repeated studies that show the vaccine is safe and effective, said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Other countries, including places such as Rwanda, have higher HPV vaccination rates than the U.S., he added"

“Rates of HPV infection targeted by the vaccine fell from 11.5 percent in 2003 to 2006 to 5.1 percent from 2007 to 2010 in girls and women ages 14 to 19, a decline of 56 percent, according to new data published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases. The effectiveness of getting at least 1 shot in the three-dose series was 82 percent, the study concluded."

"That proves that the HPV vaccine works well in that target group, Frieden added. If the U.S. had reached a rate of 80 percent vaccination, some 50,000 lifetime cases of cervical cancer could be prevented, Frieden said."
-----------------------------------------------------------

That last quote is stunning.

If vaccinating one-third cut the incidence of the disease in half, imagine how much lower it would be if we had vaccination rates of 90% or higher.

Imagine how much money we will save in cancer treatments alone down the road.

Good on Rick Perry for implementing the program in 2006. BAD on Rick Perry for disavowing it.

So, do any of our board conspiracy theorists or Bible thumpers have a bogus "study" they would like to mention that "proves" the HPV vaccine causes death and disease?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #89
gnadfly
Account Disabled

So from your article:

============================== ============================== ======
About 79 million Americans, most in their late teens and early 20s, are infected with HPV. Each year, about 14 million people become newly infected, the CDC says. About 56 million doses of HPV vaccine have been administered in the U.S. since 2006, Frieden noted.
About 19,000 cancers caused by HPV infections occur in women in the U.S. each year, according to the CDC, with cervical cancers being the most common. About 8,000 cancers caused by HPV occur each year in U.S. men; throat cancers are most common.

============================== ============================== =====

Given that.

How'd you come up with the 90% of people have the HPV virus? With 300 million Americans (babies thru adults), this number works out to be about 26% of population infected. The decreasing numbers they come up with due to the limited distribution of HPV I think are quite optimistic...almost fraudulent. Not that I question the vaccines benefits or the cost of cervical cancer. I've had one co-work die of cervical cancer. She had her uterus removed but it was a slow death of around two years. I've know two co-workers that died of pancreatic cancer - both guys. I've known ZERO co-workers with throat cancer.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #90
Glenn Quagmire
Lifetime Member

I wonder if the "average lifespan" would have climbed and continue to climb as it has without vaccines. I don't think so.
Glenn Quagmire is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women