Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60538
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42040
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Rapid DNA Analyzers Coming to Every Police Station and TSA Checkpoint in America

More invasion of privacy on innocent people, coming to you from the government. What could possibly go wrong? Let's just repeal the Bill of Rights officially, and get it over with.

From the article:

If you’re not doing anything wrong, then you’ve got nothing to worry about, right?

That seems to be the pervasive logic of an increasing number of government officials and agencies that have forgotten the uniquely American legal principle of being presumed innocent until proven guilty. How else to explain the acceptance and widespread employment of technology that gathers potential evidence on everyone indiscriminately, whether they’ve been suspected of creating a crime or not?

According to the Electronic Freedom Frontier, a group that advocates for privacy rights in the digital age, “In the amount of time it takes to get lunch, the government can now collect your DNA and extract a profile that identifies you and your family members” using a device called a Rapid DNA Analyzer, which can “process DNA in 90 minutes or less.”

Guilty until proven…innocent?

The EFF says these machines are not the imagination of science fiction writers. Rather, the group says they are “an operational reality” and are currently being marketed to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies all around the nation.

The device, according to GE Life Sciences, in conjunction with NetBio, Inc., “is a self-contained unit with all the accessories you need to conduct a full DNA analysis.” Designed for field use by non-scientific personnel, the laser printer-sized machines will soon “revolutionize the use of DNA by making it a routine identification and investigational tool.”

“Major applications include criminal forensics, military human identification, biothreat detection, and clinical diagnostics. NetBio believes that widespread use of RDA, particularly in the field and at the point of care, will improve both the safety, and health of society,” says a description of its machine by NetBio [http://netbio.com/].

The sky is not falling, the police state is rising.

http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/2013...nt-in-america/
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
timpage
Account Disabled

Any word on whether a single one of these alleged devices has been purchased by a single police department or the TSA? By the way, where (other than airports) are these TSA "checkpoints" you constantly refer to?

Assuming at least one has been sold to a police department or the TSA, any evidence that the device has been used in violation of a single person's rights?

That's what I thought. The sky is falling. Another COG post gets blown up.

timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
steamyromance
Premium Access

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Any word on whether a single one of these alleged devices has been purchased by a single police department or the TSA? By the way, where (other than airports) are these TSA "checkpoints" you constantly refer to?

Assuming at least one has been sold to a police department or the TSA, any evidence that the device has been used in violation of a single person's rights?

That's what I thought. The sky is falling. Another COG post gets blown up.

No worries Timmy this shit is all a lie.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec...oints-20111220
steamyromance is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Damn that is as fast as Google.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
joe bloe
Valued Poster

I notice that GE is the manufacturer. Jeffrey Immelt's "special friendship" with Obama certainly has it's rewards. I wonder if Obama makes him swallow. Maybe GE will get a contract to run the FEMA camps.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I notice that GE is the manufacturer. Jeffrey Immelt's connection to the Obama administration certainly has it's rewards. I wonder if GE will get a contract to run the FEMA camps.
Your volume of dumb comments seems to be increasing.

Assume for a moment that the government wants to purchase some new technology like this--if you want to argue COG's point of view that they shouldn't, that is a valid but different argument. IF they are going to buy it, how many other suppliers are out there? Are you saying the gov't should not but anything from any democratic supporter for the next four years, even if that is the only source on the market?

This is not at all like Cheney sending $Bs to his former company in a completely non-competitive set of contracts, is it? Where those services WERE easily available from enough companies that they should have been procured competitively. Where is your outrage to that?

Do you have any info that Obama was involved in--or even aware of--such a small purchase as this? I would be very interested in knowing if you do. But in the Chaney situation we know he was because he publicly announced it--it was his personal push.

So please, explain why you are so upset about a (by comparison) small procurement that may have only had one source (I don't know that part, but new technologies often are proprietary in some way), but you had no concern about huge dollars flowing unaccounted for to a former VP's company? Don't tell me the only difference is whose administration it was--right and wrong are not the exclusive purview of either party, no matter what you and some others believe.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

GE built the first electric chair too. Edison designed it himself.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamyromance View Post

How does that prove my post is a lie? First of all, it doesn't mention the machine, and the article is over a year old.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
How does that prove my post is a lie? First of all, it doesn't mention the machine, and the article is over a year old.
I think he is being sarcastic to Timpage.

Timpage demanded to know where the TSA checkpoints were - besides airports.

The article mentions that the TSA is already patrolling transportation facilities OTHER THAN airports. Per the article, TSA is now in train and bus stations, ferry terminals, ports, etc.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I missed sarcasm? I better get another cup of coffee.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamyromance View Post

Article says the'yre patrolling and doing screening at some mass transit facilities. Good for them, doing their jobs. Don't see anything about checkpoints. By the way, do you oppose security for folks that ride trains and buses? You know about the railway bombings in Spain, right? And the bus bombing in London?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
CJ7
Valued Poster

well, if the TSA is going to check the dna of every sob that rides the subs in NYC, the testing method better be fucking RAPID ... wouldnt you agree COF?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
GE built the first electric chair too. Edison designed it himself.
Clearly they were sent the money to do that via a secret budget bill pushed through in the first Obama administration. I'm pretty sure I heard about that one in a closed door House Appropriations committee three years ago.

The reality is, Edison was more than a tad bit weird in a lot of ways.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I missed sarcasm? I better get another cup of coffee.

Don't get checked it will determine you are the great grandson of Farting Cow the chief of the flatulent tribe who has cleared movie theaters restaurants and is a death sentence in a elevatiator.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You people really like living in a police state, don't you?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women