Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35950
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #91
gee_a_cee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Colleges, businesses that do not want or allow handguns on their premises, homeowners like me who do not want guns in their homes.
The Texas Penal Code allows for this. It is referred to as section 30.06. Any person or business entity already has the ability to prohibit even licensed persons from carrying a weapon on their property. Doing so is a class A misdemeanor.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/30.06.00.html
gee_a_cee is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #92
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

There is not one solution for protecting the schools but a combination of many of the ideas listed in this thread. It seems that whenever someone throws out an idea those with different political leanings take the idea to the extreme to show that it would not work. We can all layout a scenario where the bad guy wins regardless of the security in place. Nothing is going to be 100% effective.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #93
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroxny View Post
This is a bullshit statement. Some parents want the teachers armed. Making a blanket statement like we all are in agreement is BS. I don't believe anybody is making the argument that every teacher must be armed or that extensive training would not be mandatory. As I stated earlier the best solution will be a combination of many different ideas.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #94
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Markie is blind to the facts. He is entitled to his opinion but not his own facts. Other polls that were not done by left leaning news services show the American people put bans and gun control lower on the list than allowing teachers to be armed if they choose to or taking a look at mental and medicines.

Since CJ brought it up; remember about four months ago when a man killed a supervisor in the streets of New York City? He walked away and was approached by two or three police officers (we saw the video), he raised his arm and six people ended up wounded. The gunman didn't fire a single shot after the initial murder. Those six people were wounded by the policemen. http://www.towleroad.com/2012/08/ped...by-police.html
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #95
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Gun control will do NOTHING to prevent shootings like what happened.
TheDaliLama is online now   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #96
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Since CJ brought it up; remember about four months ago when a man killed a supervisor in the streets of New York City? He walked away and was approached by two or three police officers (we saw the video), he raised his arm and six people ended up wounded. The gunman didn't fire a single shot after the initial murder. Those six people were wounded by the policemen. http://www.towleroad.com/2012/08/ped...by-police.html
Yea I live here in New York, that happened by the Empire State Building, I remember that story quite well. It bolsters the point!

When you have multiple people with guns all shooting.....it increases the chances of more innocent bi-standers getting shot!!!
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #97
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
One word: Mexico.
We don't live in Mexico, although I must say the girls in Tijuana are too close to miss out on. But lots of police there and no safety issues.
And those girls are really to die for.

I'll post a review shortly.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #98
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
We don't live in Mexico, although I must say the girls in Tijuana are too close to miss out on. But lots of police there and no safety issues. And those girls are really to die for.

I'll post a review shortly.
No necesitas, por mio, yo conozco muchas ellas in Mejico y los estados unidos, bobo.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #99
Gollum
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
For 30 years we have done things the liberal way and look at the body count. We've gotten rid of guns, created gun free zones, prevented people from protecting themselves, and propagandized the masses with your shit. All of this blood is on your hands. Time to go with the conservative solution for a couple of decades. Armed teachers or staff, concealed carry on college campuses for those qualified.
This is a joke, right?
Gollum is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #100
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
That's an easy one.

Guns are for police, licensed guards, military and that's about it.

And even if you would allow guns for your protection, why should you need more than 1 gun? Or more than 2 rounds?
Ever been in a situation where you had to shoot 6 people for your own protection?
I don't think so.
Well, that makes complete sense. That way, no criminal or lunatic will EVER be able to get a gun. And only allowing 2 bullets, sheer genius!

You're way ahead of the curve on this one, you are, Wave. Way ahead.

Jesus, what a moron!

Yup, you solved it for us, Wave. That will work! I'm calling my Senators in the morning! Thanks for the brilliant solution!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #101
Laz
Valued Poster

How about being practical occasionally. Guns are not going to be banned. It would take a constitutional amendment and that is not going to happen. The fake actions like the assault weapons ban would make no difference. A 12 gauge shotgun with buck shot is more deadly than assault weapons at close range. Hiring armed guards at all schools would work but it is expensive and the guard would then be the first person killed. Allowing highly trained teachers to have guns would be a better option. The only additional cost is for the training.

For all of those that point out that an armed person that is surprised will typically not be able to respond quickly enough to defend themselves or others, of course that is true. No training or weapon will help then. However, the next armed person will have the chance to be prepared and can be successful. While no one would have wanted anyone to die at that school it would have been much better if the number had only been half as large or possibly less.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #102
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Hiring armed guards at all schools would work but it is expensive and the guard would then be the first person killed. Allowing highly trained teachers to have guns would be a better option. The only additional cost is for the training.

No training or weapon will help then.

However, the next armed person will have the chance to be prepared and can be successful.

While no one would have wanted anyone to die at that school it would have been much better if the number had only been half as large or possibly less.
Who said anything about "hiring armed guards" .... ?

Hire existing police/deputies with street experience and upgrade their training, which will be less expensive that training a bunch of teachers in closed quarters, close proximity, crowded combat style live fire confrontations with "shoot-don't shoot" decisions making in which the shooter is wearing body army (CHL classes?????).

Put four officers to each school AFTER installing video/audio monitoring equipment for the perimeters and automatick lockdown doors exterior and interior that are activated by the officers ONLY.

Then implement a "visitor" policy that pre-screens all visitors prior to coming to the campus with requirements/bans just like the airport for things you bring to the campus with scanning equipment in place with an officer present to enforce indentification, authorization, and compliance mandates.

BTW: Training is not the only cost involved in arming teachers, but the "training" that would satisfy the requirements to meet the threat situation would involve roughly 200 hours minimum initial traiining, including classroom instruction, with about 40 hours a year "re-qualificaiton" training.

In addition to that the district would have to implement and monitor weapons and loads to assure that the teachers were carrying the weapons with which they were trained loaded with the proper rounds for the assignment and added insurance costs for school and teacher liability (if insuance can even be bought for the risks), and those teachers authorized to confront instruders would be required to hear center mass body armour, assigned to them and paid by the district,

Those teachers would have to be paid additional on their contracts and they would have to be paid during their training and their training would have to be paid. Forget about one-year contracts. The school district cannot and should not afford combat-handgun training for each teacher on a one-year contract, and school district should be allowed to recoup the cost of the training from the teacher if the teacher does not complete the contract with the district for either cause or no cause.

Now start examining the school district hiring policy and practice, which will include criminal psychological backgrounds and psychological testing and counseling. Just as a realistic proposition ... for those who have spent any "quality" time IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS interacting with the teachers in them on a level to evaluate their "readiness" for combat, how many would pass the superficial observation ... "sight" qualification... test regarding their behavior alone.

When someone volunteers to become a police officer or volunteers to become a servicemember they understand and accept the risks of armed confrontations with people that want to kill them, and the police have special circumstances that are similar to the teachers in that they will have limited presence with them, if any at all, at the initial confrontation in which they must operate at close proximity, customarily within 10 to 15 feet, surrounded by walls on the otherside of which are innocent people (children) for whom they have a responsibility of PROTECTING ... with 1 to 2 seconds of evaluation and response time to determine if this is a risk and how to respond to neutralize the risk. One reason there is a HIGH rate of ADD in LE.

When an 18-year-old enrolls in college to study to be a teacher that was not in the mix.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #103
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I would hate to see the type of person who would go into teaching if there was a chance to pack and shoot someone.(you kids STFU)
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #104
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
I would hate to see the type of person who would go into teaching if there was a chance to pack and shoot someone.(you kids STFU)
I would hate to see two of them in the same school ....

" who would go into teaching if there was a chance to pack and shoot someone"!

It would give a whole new meaning and dynamic to "teacher conferences"!

*The quality and motive of those already going into teaching is problematic enough.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #105
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Nobody would ever go into teaching in order to carry a weapon. That is silly. The odds of them ever being in a situation where it is needed is almost zero. However, I would bet that there are enough teachers that would volunteer for the training, primarily because of their life outside of the school, to provide an extra level of security at the schools. Police departments could provide the training and the teacher compensation should be minimal if anything. It is voluntary. I bet a lot of people would sign up just for the benefit of free training.
Laz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women