Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60642
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48582
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42257
CryptKicker37200
The_Waco_Kid36645
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #46
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

This election was a battle of voting for the guy who is the least evil. Since such a large portion of our population is in a position were they do not pay income taxes, they do not see fiscal liberty as that important of an issue to them. Yes, we can argue back in forth over the reality of that perception but it would be to no avail.

They do, however, see personal freedom as an important issue. The democrats have done a very good job in recent history of highlighting the republicans failures to allow for personal freedom by hiding there own.

I see democrats as great illusionists. They get you to focus on what the right hand is doing so you do not see what the left hand does using grandios performances and large props to convince large crowds. I see republicans as great magicians performing tricks using small scale performances and props that really can only convince those close to the situation.

Since it is small scale it is easier to see through a republicans bullshit if you look, it is harder to see through the bullshit of a democrat because of how grand the scale is.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #47
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Though not obvious to some the Tea Party did not get too involved in presidential politics. They spent most of their time and money on state houses, governors, senators, and congress.

I think Limbaugh has a point and exit polling backs him up. People who are no loads voted for Santa Claus (free things) and people are hard working but found themselves on the dole voted to save their families by voting for Santa Claus again. The democratic party is Santa Claus and the republican party is your parents. Santa has magic elves making all sorts of things for free and everyone gets something even if it is kind of crappy. Your parents give to you what they can afford and more common this Christmas they may not have anythingn to give at all because everything costs something including free stuff.

As for the original post by Whatzup, I don't think you know what "awesome" means. Try not to use it anymore.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #48
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Though not obvious to some the Tea Party did not get too involved in presidential politics. They spent most of their time and money on state houses, governors, senators, and congress.

I think Limbaugh has a point and exit polling backs him up. People who are no loads voted for Santa Claus (free things) and people are hard working but found themselves on the dole voted to save their families by voting for Santa Claus again. The democratic party is Santa Claus and the republican party is your parents. Santa has magic elves making all sorts of things for free and everyone gets something even if it is kind of crappy. Your parents give to you what they can afford and more common this Christmas they may not have anythingn to give at all because everything costs something including free stuff.

As for the original post by Whatzup, I don't think you know what "awesome" means. Try not to use it anymore.
In a single word: HOGWASH!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #49
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Ahh, OK. Good game y'all!

Please feel free to piss and moan.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #50
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Ahh, OK. Good game y'all!

Please feel free to piss and moan.
It's great that you are so understanding. After all, "piss and moan" is in their DNA!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #51
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post

If he is Santa clause you must be the tooth fairy.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #52
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Randy, I think the "tilt to Obama" occurred primarilly because the electorate simply didn't buy what Romney was selling. Among other things, he promised to cut tax rates by 20% acroos-the-board, pledging to offset the revenue losses with unspecified loophole closings -- while at the same time reducing the budget deficits by means of unspecified spending cuts. Nobody bought that. It was the same old set of disingenuous bromides and platitudes.

But the problem Obama faces now is that he's going to have to grapple not only with the well-publicized "fiscal cliff", but with what might rightly be called a fiscal abyss.

And I don't think it's going to go very well. Sure, the Administration will probably manage by year end to work out a deal with Republicans that kicks the can down the road once again. But then there will be next year. And the year after that. Get the picture?

Here's a quick rundown of my views related to these concerns:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=587614

That thread shows why I suggested that perhaps partisan Republicans cheering for a Romney win might have done well to be careful what they wished for -- and that, likewise, partisan Democrats should refrain from having a warm and fuzzy feeling about President Obama's ability to strengthen his party's support over the next four years, given the enormousness of the fiscal challenges.
So we just sit back and watch this "MOTHER MELT DOWN". I'm in, like I have a choice....fuckers
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #53
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

You boys are the biggest bunch of bitter crybabies on record. Worse than the false gods you worship!

WOW!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #54
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Captain, what you say may be true but anyone who misreads the election as a huge endorsement of anyone's fiscal policies is way off base. While the election should have been about that, it wasn't because even the initial steps towards fixing this mess contains bad news for everyone. Those sort of things are best worked out and then presented to people, not because the people can't handle it but because they don't want to handle the process of coming up with a solution. If the pain is equally spread among those who have access to aspirin and things can be moved towards bringing some jobs back onshore, we may have a chance to actually start righting the ship.
Randy, I'm not claiming that this election was a "huge endorsement" of anyone's fiscal policies, but consider this:

One candidate promises to raise taxes on every taxpayer earning more than $250K, while maintaining tax cuts for those whose income is less than that. In fact, he already has substantially cut taxes for the non-affluent, including a two percentage point cut in the payroll tax in 2010.

The other candidate has proposed plans that are easily portrayable as a big giveaway to the wealthy. In fact, his opponent repeatedly charged that taxes on the middle class would have to be raised by an average $2,000 per year just to make up for the cuts offered to top-bracket taxpayers.

Which candidate is going to win that debate in the eyes of a majority of voters?

But it's time for a reality check. Raising rates to Clinton-era levels, but only on those earning more than $250K, lands well short of covering even a nickel of every deficit dollar. Yet that seems to be virtually the entirety of Obama's economic agenda.

He called for a deficit-reduction advisory commission in 2010, but completely ignored its findings. If he doesn't like Simpson-Bowles (or Rivlin-Domenici, or any of the other proposed plans), then he needs to tell us what his plan is.

If he refuses to do so, how in the world can you call him a leader?
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #55
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

did Whiny just call bullshit on JDBarleybrains?

Deep panic. they're eating themselves.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #56
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

That 2% was not a tax cut, it comes off the back end of the Social Security benefits. You got screwed and you're happy for the experience.

If it is too hard to understand; the GOP is the party of parents. They want to give great stuff to their children but they know that nothing is free. They can only give what they can afford. Santa is the democrats who think everything is made by elves. I wonder if those elves vote?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #57
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

I have a very fundamental question: In the last 32 years, we've had 20 years of Republican Presidents and 12 years of Democratic Presidents. Why didn't the GOP fix all the issues we face over those 20 years? President Bush had a majority in Congress for the first 6 years of his Presidency, Obama had 2 years. Why wasn't housing addressed? Why wasn't immigration addressed? Why wasn't the deficit addressed? By the time Bush finished his first term, with a majority in congress, he had already increased the debt by 30% over what he inherited from Clinton. I think 20 years is plenty of time to deal with what we consider the nation's biggest challenges. Now we're stuck with Obama for another 4. Perhaps if the GOP would have really addressed all those issues, McCain would have won re-election on Nov 6.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #58
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

ICIP, you're sounding like they WANT to resolve those issues. Nothing could be further from the truth. If they actually solved some problems, they would lose issues to demagogue when they run for re-election.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #59
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

That's my point COG. The only ones to blame for losing an election against an incumbent that has been compared to Carter is the GOP. They haven't delivered in the past and there are no guarantees they'll deliver in the future. Top it off with their isolation from key growing demographics and an election they were supposed to win is handed to Obama.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #60
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Your point is well taken, and accurate.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women