Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162748
Yssup Rider60463
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48483
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41804
CryptKicker37188
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36190
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Guest113018-1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 96
Default phone numbers

If a provider post her phone number in her ad , why does she not answer the phone? Does she not expect any calls. I called a provider, no answer. A few minutes later I get a text asking who this is. We text tag a couple of minutes and then she wants me to pm her. Any way, why post your number if you're not going to answer. And I'm not talking about being busy, just not answering.
Guest113018-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Guest091314
Account Disabled

User ID: 21525

for me it would be if I were around non hobby people, bank etc or multi-tasking and it just being easier to text
Guest091314 is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
Daen1304
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I always assume they are busy or possibly working. Though the situation you described is a bit weird, she should have just put a request to PM her if that's what it came to.
Daen1304 is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
sweet.treat69
Your Soon-To-Be Favorite

User ID: 82000
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I stopped posting my phone number in my ads because guys would constantly call and ask me about my rates, specials, where I'm located, if I'm available, etc.

My thing is, I've stopped answering ANY questions over the phone if I do happen to answer a number I don't recognize, mostly to protect myself against LE, time wasters, and guys who want information from me without having any references.

I think if a guy has been hobbying for a while, he should know proper etiquette before calling or texting someone.. It should be a common courtesy to look at her showcase first, and see if she requires any screening information before contacting her.

Some girls like myself prefer to screen guys I haven't spoken to before. Others don't mind chatting for a few minutes even though those girls may be taking a risk by not doing initial screening.

Maybe I'm a little TOO safe in some people's opinion, but I put my safety above everything!
You never know who's really on the other line asking you about your services. It could be ANYONE.
sweet.treat69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #5
Tiffani Jameson
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2590
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by golforfish View Post
If a provider post her phone number in her ad , why does she not answer the phone? Does she not expect any calls. I called a provider, no answer. A few minutes later I get a text asking who this is. We text tag a couple of minutes and then she wants me to pm her. Any way, why post your number if you're not going to answer. And I'm not talking about being busy, just not answering.
See? This is EXACTLY why I'm email only. Boy I bet you give your SO hell if she doesn't pick up the phone... LOL

So nothing comes to mind why not just a provider, but ANYONE doesn't pick up the phone? Heaven forbid if she's:

*Asleep.
*In the bathroom.
**I'm in mixed company because she does other things besides wait on calls and can't answer her 'Bat phone'.
*With a client.
*On the phone with family, or another client.

But I understand what you mean with the latter. You call, and ask if you can come see her, and she tells you she doesn't discuss things on the phone, and wants you to email references, etc. Another reason to schedule phone calls after screening. The phone calls are a lot less stringent that way.
Tiffani Jameson is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
seventonine
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet.treat69 View Post
I stopped posting my phone number in my ads because guys would constantly call and ask me about my rates, specials, where I'm located, if I'm available, etc. ....
I see your point of view on this, Tiffani. I'd also be frustrated if folks were calling and asking questions about info that is generally available. But, some don't bother to make that information available; hence, the barrage of phone calls that lead to nowhere.

I never call someone just to chit-chat, ask for rates, etc. I only make phone contact after some due diligence and my intention is to establish an appointment. The no-go decision that occurs on the phone is when the provider's general location is BFE compared to my location and she didn't post it the ad or I couldn't find it through research.

There are many on this board that I would like to see, but I can tell on the basis of their "stomping grounds" that I would not set up an appointment. Therefore, I don't waste their time or mine by ringing them on the phone.
seventonine is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
bigdog0311
BANNED

Encounters: 147

It is a bad idea for a provider to post her phone number is her ads, unless she specifically states that a guy call her to make an appointment and/or call her for confirmations of appointments.

There are many guys, I was included, that call up providers for rates, services, hours, incall location, ect. and not set an appointment. A provider does not know who a guy is that just randomly calls and asks these questions so it can be a security risk as well as a time waster.
bigdog0311 is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
Guest113018-1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 96
Default phone numbers

Thanks for the replies. I agree with and understand what some of you are saying. Most of the time when I call someone I, but I usually get a callback later where she says she missed my call and how can she help me. I get that. Maybe they were busywith a client or non hobbiest or googleling my number to make sure it is safe to call back. I get all that. Your safety should be your #1 priority. I just thought it was a strange response. Kind of like having an attitude, if one can have an attitude while texting.
Guest113018-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #9
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

I wouldn't put a number in an ad unless I was available THAT MINUTE for a visit. I don't see the logic of putting up your number if you don't want to answer the phone*. I would edit the ad and remove my number when not available.

*unless you specify "text only" or something along those lines
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #10
L.A.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

Don't even get me started on a full voice mail...........

I really dislike talking on the phone. I would much rather take care of everything thru PMs and texts.
L.A. is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
Brooke Daniels
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6381
My ECCIE Reviews

Sweet.Treat you can never be TOO careful. Everything you said I agree with. Go girl!!!!
Brooke Daniels is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #12
Exotic Vanessa
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7743
My ECCIE Reviews
Smile Important at contacting

My number is always acurate it is always important for me to answer all calls unless I'm sleeping very well and if thats the case just leave me a voicemail and I promise i will get out my sleep and return the call. Offering Review specials at this time! !! Please call or send pm .VANESSA (214)980-9121
Exotic Vanessa is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
Clouddancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

golforfish,

I can see how all this seemed rather strange, but I have come across a few providers who have asked me to shoot them a pm, even after being P411 verified. It is simply an additional method of verification.
The request for you to pm might have been another way to verify you are who you say you are.
As Sweet said, you can never be too careful. For the guys, if you're not comfortable with the screening requests, move on.

Hobby safely
Clouddancer is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
Brandee69
Account Disabled

User ID: 86243
My ECCIE Reviews

We do have our private lives also with family friends etc......sometimes we cannot answer hopefully it was a good reason why she didnt......lol I do the same i will have them shoot me a pm to verify who they are because anybody can call and say they are a certain member on eccie......
Brandee69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
shortguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

You just have to be patient when calling a provider. She might be in the middle of a session or have something else happening that she can't drop to pick up the phone, it's understandable.

I usually try to contact a lady via email 1st but if that's not an option, i reach for the hobby phone. If don't get an answer on my call i'll leave a message telling her that it is ok to call me back & when to do it. Alot of ladies aren't going to just call you back for fear of reaching you at a not so opportune moment so be sure to leave a message telling them whether it's cool to call you back.
shortguy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women