Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36409
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1
Default Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review week 11

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules -
"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!"
Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1
"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"
British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...
Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!

What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2
Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!

Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.
So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

Polls

Friday

No. 4 Boise State at Idaho, 9 p.m.

Saturday

No. 1 Oregon at California, 7:30 p.m.
No. 2 Auburn vs. Georgia, 3:30 p.m.
No. 3 TCU vs. San Diego State, 4 p.m.
No. 5 LSU vs. Louisiana-Monroe, 7 p.m.
No. 6 Wisconsin vs. Indiana, Noon
No. 7 Stanford at Arizona State, 7:30 p.m.
No. 8 Ohio State vs. Penn State, 3:30 p.m.
No. 9 Nebraska vs. Kansas, 7 p.m.
No. 11 Alabama vs. No. 17 Mississippi State, 7:15 p.m.
No. 12 Oklahoma State at Texas, 8 p.m.
No. 13 Iowa at Northwestern, Noon
No. 14 Arkansas vs. UTEP, 7 p.m.
No. 15 Utah at Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m.
No. 16 Virginia Tech at North Carolina, 3:30 p.m.
No. 18 Arizona vs. Southern Cal, 8 p.m.
No. 19 Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech, 3:30 p.m.
No. 20 Missouri vs. Kansas State, 12:30 p.m.
No. 21 Nevada at Fresno State, 10:30 p.m.
No. 22 South Carolina at No. 24 Florida, 7:15 p.m.
No. 23 Texas A&M at Baylor, 7 p.m.
No. 25 UCF vs. Southern Miss, Noon
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Friday

No. 4 Boise State at Idaho, 9 p.m. - Boise State

well this is really a hard one to pick, can we flip a one-sided coin? one that has a smurf on each side? sure, why not!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

in regards to last weeks zerou vs a$m game, here is medium game bob stoops talking to his offensive cord.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7589553/
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

ROTFL! a bit of your handiwork cpt? come on take the cred dude! i've said that it seems BGB (Big Game Bozo) misses his bros, Zerou with all that talent has not had an elite defense since they bolted to AZ. as the story goes, Leach's one year as OC at Zerou had the defense totally on it's heels in the spring game, so much so the defensive coaches including Brent were tearing each other up on the sidelines.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Saturday

No. 1 Oregon at California, 7:30 p.m. - Oregon

Cal has a history of being a spoiler. not this time, especially when Cal beat a horrible W St. team only 20-13 last week so Ducks continue march to the Big Game.

No. 2 Auburn vs. Georgia, 3:30 p.m. - Auburn

distractions? we don't need no stinkin' distractions! the only way Aubie loses is if Newton doesn't play due to some last minute issue with eligibility. probably not .. this week.

No. 3 TCU vs. San Diego State, 4 p.m. - TCU

sorry boltfan, your Aztecs just don't have the juice to take down the mighty Froggies. but do give it your best shot.

No. 5 LSU vs. Louisiana-Monroe, 7 p.m. - LSU

no time to blow it now Lester, this is your late season "tune-up" make Mikey roar!

No. 6 Wisconsin vs. Indiana, Noon - Wisconsin

just because the Hoosiers nearly took out Capt. Kirk and Iowa last week doesn't mean they can carve up the Badgers this week.

No. 7 Stanford at Arizona State, 7:30 p.m. - Stanford

going all in with Jimmy H.

No. 8 Ohio State vs. Penn State, 3:30 p.m. - Penn State

what would be the fun to pick the fav every damn time? this is the game Pryor implodes and JoePa steals # 401 from SweaterVest.

No. 9 Nebraska vs. Kansas, 7 p.m. - Nebraska

Bo knows Kansas sucks and he wins this game even if he plays himself at QB!

No. 11 Alabama vs. No. 17 Mississippi State, 7:15 p.m. - Alabama

Miss St. is 7-2 and so is Bama, who needs this one more? Bama.

No. 12 Oklahoma State at Texas, 8 p.m. - Oklahoma State

OK cowpokes get our shot in you long suffering dudes at the hands of so many UT crushing defeats.

No. 13 Iowa at Northwestern, Noon - Iowa

Iowa nearly coughed up a fur ball to the Hoosiers last week that would make my fat old cat proud! can it happen again? no.

No. 14 Arkansas vs. UTEP, 7 p.m. - Arkansas

Boss Hogg also gets a late-season "tune-up" and buries the Miners.

No. 15 Utah at Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m. - Utah

Utes got destroyed by TCU last week, this week they get a perfect feel-good W against the despised fagot Irish. hang "hang half a hunnerd" on these losers, Utes.

No. 16 Virginia Tech at North Carolina, 3:30 p.m. - Virginia Tech

told ya Beamerball would rebound. they need this one to stay on top of ACC.

No. 18 Arizona vs. Southern Cal, 8 p.m. - USC

Lane Kiffy takes out Stoops 2.

No. 19 Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech, 3:30 p.m. - Oklahoma

Big Game Bozo takes out Tubby because he doesn't lose in Norman.

No. 20 Missouri vs. Kansas State, 12:30 p.m. - Missouri

Struggling Mizzou needs to get it's offensive mojo back.

No. 21 Nevada at Fresno State, 10:30 p.m. - Nevada

Pat Hill has done plenty with less over the years but Wolfpack should control this with strong run game.

No. 22 South Carolina at No. 24 Florida, 7:15 p.m. - Florida

Florida's three-headed offense takes down Steve Superior in his old house.

No. 23 Texas A&M at Baylor, 7 p.m. - Baylor

Bears regroup and faggies fold after big win over Zerou.

No. 25 UCF vs. Southern Miss, Noon - Southern Miss

this is so close to pick I'll summon the ghost of Farve and take Southern Miss.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Let's talk about Aubie and the Cam Newton problem. here's my take - Newton and his Dad are on the grift but I'm betting Aubie didn't give them a sack full of greenbacks to come to Auburn, if I'm right Aubie and Gene are safe from any actual violations themselves. Guess what? it doesn't matter if Aubie didn't give that sack of money to Preacher to fix up his broken down church in Atlanta (what does your scripture say about that, Preacher Man?) because the only thing that does matter is if Preacher Newton tried to shop Cam to anyone .. like Mississippi St. for example. that makes Fig Newton ineligible to play anywhere including Aubie.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Let's talk about Aubie and the Cam Newton problem. here's my take - Newton and his Dad are on the grift but I'm betting Aubie didn't give them a sack full of greenbacks to come to Auburn, if I'm right Aubie and Gene are safe from any actual violations themselves. Guess what? it doesn't matter if Aubie didn't give that sack of money to Preacher to fix up his broken down church in Atlanta (what does your scripture say about that, Preacher Man?) because the only thing that does matter is if Preacher Newton tried to shop Cam to anyone .. like Mississippi St. for example. that makes Fig Newton ineligible to play anywhere including Aubie.
you are so correct, that should push Blackman into the top 3 and with 2/3 on national tv he might win it

Now to next year, Brandon Weeden and Blackman for the H-trophy?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Aztecs in a spoiler.....

Ummm yeah right. Hopefully they keep it respectable.

SEC has a tougher schedule? Are you kidding me? Why are they playing unranked out of conference games this week (and it seems like many weeks)? Is that like a pseudo bye week?
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post

Is that like a pseudo bye week?
Call it a scrimmage like high schools typically do in fall camp. For all of the SEC's chest-thumping this does give some ammo to those who claim they pad their schedules.

in 2008 Texas took some grief for scheduling Florida Atlantic who had been a FCS program (they had just entered FBS) but the truth is Utah had backed out of a game with UT at then-coach Urban Meyer's urging because he thought the schedule was too tough! Utah went undefeated that year and smoked Alabama in a BCS game. As this article from the Salt Lake Tribune points out had they played and beaten UT that year Utah could've had a strong case to play in the BCS title game. Texas of course lost to Texas Tech on Crabby's last-second grab in Lubbock and set up that three-way tie breaker that sent Zerou to face Florida for the BCS title. Strangely enough it could have been Meyer playing his old team Utah for the Big Crystal Ball!

http://blogs.sltrib.com/utes/2008/12...-have-been.htm

Yep the season that could have been Utes!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #10
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Now here's an idea for Texas to consider given there's a good possibility a staff shake-up may be coming. who's safe? Muschamp seems to be in part because of the coach-in-waiting dealio. Also his defense has played better than the offense in general. Greg Davis? many fans have wanted his head on a pike for years and I'm not sure that is entirely fair, given the overall success Texas has had. Most of this has to do with the Simms-Applewhite years when UT used the pro I style offense and they scored big points with it, which is why i am certainly disappointed that offense has not translated better on this year's team. While Mack Brown tends to be loyal to his assistants he can and will make major changes, like when he sacked his DC and brought in Gene Chizik. Remember that it was the defense that folded up and died several times against Zerou. Neither Chris Simms nor the Major played linebacker so it's hardly fair to blame either of them (especially Simms) for allowing OU's Griffin to run for 250 yards like he did in one those blowouts and even Joe freakin' Montana would have been hard pressed to keep up on offense.

Here's a radical idea for Texas.

Hire The Pirate as OC!!

Yep! The Pirate!! why not? if anyone can turn Gilbert Grape into a monster passer it's the Pirate! could Greg Davis? Maybe but if this kid really can make it as a top passer The Pirate's wide open offense is the system to show it.

Would The Pirate come to Austin as an OC? Maybe. We could match Muschamp's $900,000 per year for The Pirate easily (let the crying begin from the have-nots yeah we've got bags of money in Austin baby, and it's not just rich boosters our program makes money! Get over it!)

The Pirate certainly wants to become a Head Coach again and he will, someone will see beyond the screw-job out in Lubbock and give him the chance. There's the thorny issue of Muschamp's HC-in-waiting deal and while it would be kinda kool to pit them both against each other to eventually take over it's not UT's style to renege on it's deal with Muschamp, it sends the wrong signal and Mack simply won't agree to that. Besides Muschamp would just leave, no matter how much he and his wife like it in Austin.

So let's cut a deal with the Pirate! Muschamp remains HC-in-waiting, Leach gets back into football at an elite program with talent galore and he can show what he can really do and in a few years he can cherry pick a top opening somewhere. Perfect eh? That would give UT TWO top coordinators at the same time, and if Muschamp does leave even with his deal intact (UGA perhaps?) then we just hoist the Jolly Roger down in Austin and Leach gets the top job at an elite program, it's a can't lose deal!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Leach in Austin as head coach.

Hell even I might root for them then. I have always liked Mike from my years in Lubbock. Good guy, good coach, creative thinker.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

I like Leach, real cool guy to sip a brew with and discuss everything from Winston Churchill to the mysteries of the universe! might even discuss .. Pirates!
It's unlikely Mack will bow out after this season, he certainly won't get fired nor does he deserve to at this point, he should have a fair shot to get back on track and i think he will. That said i think there's some possible appeal that Leach would take an OC position at UT rather than go back to being a head coach, in order to prove he can still work his offensive mojo then cherry-pick a head coaching job. if that somehow would be UT i'm kool with that even if i don't want to see Muschamp leave. Leach's ego probably is not such that it would cause him to flat-out turn down something like this, he'd at least consider it i think.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

HOW ABOUT MY COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #14
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

The University of Puke Orange is now ZERO and two vs Okie teams. But, there's hope - Schedule Tulsa - soon!
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Friday

No. 4 Boise State at Idaho, 9 p.m. - Boise State

well this is really a hard one to pick, can we flip a one-sided coin? one that has a smurf on each side? sure, why not!

4 Boise St 52 Idaho 14Smurfies handle the Vandals, and should run out the string and go 12-0 again but unless TCU goes down they only have an at-large BCS game to look forward to.

Saturday

No. 1 Oregon at California, 7:30 p.m. - Oregon

Cal has a history of being a spoiler. not this time, especially when Cal beat a horrible W St. team only 20-13 last week so Ducks continue march to the Big Game.

1 Oregon 15 California 13Cal nearly does sink the Duckies but great teams win even when they play bad and Oregon's perfect run continues, this week.

No. 2 Auburn vs. Georgia, 3:30 p.m. - Auburn

distractions? we don't need no stinkin' distractions! the only way Aubie loses is if Newton doesn't play due to some last minute issue with eligibility. probably not .. this week.

Georgia 31 2 Auburn 49UGA kept this close but Aubie pulled away and looked impressive doing it. But Aubie is only impressive with Fig Newton playing. Stay tuned.

No. 3 TCU vs. San Diego State, 4 p.m. - TCU

sorry boltfan, your Aztecs just don't have the juice to take down the mighty Froggies. but do give it your best shot.

San Diego St 35 3 TCU 40Best shot indeed. but moral victories don't count. Like the Duckies, the Froggies had the winning mojo on a day they probably should have lost.

No. 5 LSU vs. Louisiana-Monroe, 7 p.m. - LSU

no time to blow it now Lester, this is your late season "tune-up" make Mikey roar!

LA Monroe 0 5 LSU 51Mikey roars! easy scrimmage for Lester, this year should go a long way to quiet Lester's critics. that 'Bama win shakes the Nicky Satan monkey loose, for now.

No. 6 Wisconsin vs. Indiana, Noon - Wisconsin

just because the Hoosiers nearly took out Capt. Kirk and Iowa last week doesn't mean they can carve up the Badgers this week.

Indiana 20 6 Wisconsin 83was this a basketball game or a football game? I wonder if the Brettster will "work" on his defense for allowing 20 points?

No. 7 Stanford at Arizona State, 7:30 p.m. - Stanford

going all in with Jimmy H.

7 Stanford 17 Arizona St 13All in with Jimmy H gets it done, more offense would have been nice. Get busy in practice Jimmy.

No. 8 Ohio State vs. Penn State, 3:30 p.m. - Penn State

what would be the fun to pick the fav every damn time? this is the game Pryor implodes and JoePa steals # 401 from SweaterVest.

Penn St 14 8 Ohio St 38Rolled the dice with JoePa, looking good early but Lions serve up turnovers and SweaterVest makes them pay.

No. 9 Nebraska vs. Kansas, 7 p.m. - Nebraska

Bo knows Kansas sucks and he wins this game even if he plays himself at QB!

Kansas 3 9 Nebraska 20Bo probably could have scored more if he did play. Workmanlike was mentioned in the recap, you'll need to do better than that, Bo.

No. 11 Alabama vs. No. 17 Mississippi State, 7:15 p.m. - Alabama

Miss St. is 7-2 and so is Bama, who needs this one more? Bama.

17 Miss St 10 11 Alabama 30Bama shows the talent gap here, and sets up the Aubie showdown with a tune-up game next week.

No. 12 Oklahoma State at Texas, 8 p.m. - Oklahoma State

OK cowpokes get our shot in you long suffering dudes at the hands of so many UT crushing defeats.

12 Okla St 33 Texas 16Revel in your W cowpokes you are now 3-20 against UT, this would have tasted better if UT was .. UT.

No. 13 Iowa at Northwestern, Noon - Iowa

Iowa nearly coughed up a fur ball to the Hoosiers last week that would make my fat old cat proud! can it happen again? no.

13 Iowa 17 Northwestern 21Shoulda figured Iowa would go down, NW has won 4 of the last 5 and Iowa has not impressed on offense.

No. 14 Arkansas vs. UTEP, 7 p.m. - Arkansas

Boss Hogg also gets a late-season "tune-up" and buries the Miners.

UTEP 21 14 Arkansas 58Yet another late season scrimmage game. Blah blah.

No. 15 Utah at Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m. - Utah

Utes got destroyed by TCU last week, this week they get a perfect feel-good W against the despised fagot Irish. hang "hang half a hunnerd" on these losers, Utes.

15 Utah 3 Notre Dame 28What happened here Utes? TCU hangover still got ya down? better sober up fast.

No. 16 Virginia Tech at North Carolina, 3:30 p.m. - Virginia Tech

told ya Beamerball would rebound. they need this one to stay on top of ACC.

16 VA Tech 26 UNC 10Beamerball rolls on to the ACC title game.

No. 18 Arizona vs. Southern Cal, 8 p.m. - USC

Lane Kiffy takes out Stoops 2.

USC 24 18 Arizona 21Lane Kiffy does what Petey used to do, just win Baby! LOL couldn't resist that Raiders thing.

No. 19 Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech, 3:30 p.m. - Oklahoma

Big Game Bozo takes out Tubby because he doesn't lose in Norman.

Texas Tech 7 19 Oklahoma 45Where's that improved defense Tubby? We all know the offense left town for Key West with the Pirate.

No. 20 Missouri vs. Kansas State, 12:30 p.m. - Missouri

Struggling Mizzou needs to get it's offensive mojo back.

Kansas St 28 20 Missouri 38Mizzou gets it's mojo back just in time to keep season on track, now don't blow it.

No. 21 Nevada at Fresno State, 10:30 p.m. - Nevada

Pat Hill has done plenty with less over the years but Wolfpack should control this with strong run game.

21 Nevada 35 Fresno St 34Told ya Pat Hill is a damn good coach, came close here and made Wolfpack earn it.

No. 22 South Carolina at No. 24 Florida, 7:15 p.m. - Florida

Florida's three-headed offense takes down Steve Superior in his old house.

22 S Carolina 36 24 Florida 14Shoulda gone all in with the 'ol Ball Coach. He takes Pope Urbie to the woodshed and spanks him in the swamp.

No. 23 Texas A&M at Baylor, 7 p.m. - Baylor

Bears regroup and faggies fold after big win over Zerou.

23 Texas A&M 42 Baylor 30Did i say faggies fold? guess not, Balyor couldn't stop A&M when they needed to.

No. 25 UCF vs. Southern Miss, Noon - Southern Miss

this is so close to pick I'll summon the ghost of Farve and take Southern Miss.

Sthrn Miss 31 25 UCF 21The ghost of Farve indeed. too bad that's all he has for the Vikes .. a ghost.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women