Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162976
Yssup Rider60623
gman4453269
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48571
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42223
CryptKicker37193
The_Waco_Kid36584
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
Lana Warren
Account Disabled

User ID: 2438
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Baseball cards!

My kids and I have acquired hundreds and hundreds of baseball cards over the years and not for sure if any of them are worth anything, but I was wondering if there is a place that I can take them to have them appraised who is reliable and won't give me the runaround since I am a woman! LOL! Or even a website that may be able to help me look up the value! Any suggestions?
Lana Warren is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
TennisBoner
Gaining Momentum

http://www.beckett.com/

Or you can go to any bookstore and buy the Beckett price guide magazine or book.

Any questions just let me know.
TennisBoner is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Lana Warren
Account Disabled

User ID: 2438
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisBoner View Post
http://www.beckett.com/

Or you can go to any bookstore and buy the Beckett price guide magazine or book.

Any questions just let me know.
Thank you, love!
Lana Warren is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Oppa
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Just a tip but if you're looking to sell them at some point, go the Ebay route. Shops will not give you best value since they are looking to re-sell, and many shops won't buy any cards at all that are not from the 1960s and prior.
Oppa is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
Par_Shooter
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7

I would be interested in buying any mid-70's Cincinnati Reds stuff if it were a complete set, or at least most of the players from that era - AKA the Big Red Machine. Any Rangers cards from that era would be welcome too.
Par_Shooter is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

it is not a sellers market so you may want to hold on to them if you can. I have a whole lot and the market for sports cards of all types crashed in the mid 90s and really hasnt recovered since. there are exceptions to the rule but not too many. complete sets are still reasonable to sell and buy. if you can get players to sign them, of course the price will go up. take care of them and put the cards in player card sleeves, protectors or top loads.

http://www.baseball-cards.com/supplies/
TexRich is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
zeke10
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

In general, baseball cards made prior to the mid-80's have significantly more value. Between the mid-80's to recent times, baseball cards were overproduced, which really squashed the value. www.beckett.com is a good source. Autographs or game-used jersey / bat / or other memorabilia of players always add more value. As a general rule, the older the card, the higher the value. If you've got cards from the 70s, 60's, 50's or earlier, you might be sitting on a gold mine! Best of luck to you! Overall condition of the card is also important....
zeke10 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
Oppa
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Between the mid-80's to recent times, baseball cards were overproduced, which really squashed the value.
Exactly, particulary the Donruss and Topps brands of the late 80s to mid 90s. They were mass produced due to the popularity of collecting at the time and now don't hold much value. Any cards from that era I have just socked away in a cedar chest and don't plan to touch them again for another 20 years. Maybe by that time some of the quantity on the market will be "lost" to apathy or carelessness and they will retain some value again.
Oppa is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Remember the difference between what a card is worth and what someone is willing to pay for. It is true the cards pre 90s are worth more and have more value, but it could be more difficult trying to get someone to buy what it is worth since the market and the economy is not the best time right now.
TexRich is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women