Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60638
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48580
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42256
CryptKicker37198
The_Waco_Kid36643
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
topnotchmassage
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 26603
My ECCIE Reviews
Cool 3D movie craze

3D movies are making a comeback...big time...Anyone else noticed?
I remember seeing Freddy's Dead in the early 90s when they weren't made so frequently. but They seem to be The BIG THING now.

I saw Piranha in 3D over the weekend.(not the BEST movie...but not a bad flick, either)
Anyone else succumbed to the trend?
topnotchmassage is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6154
My ECCIE Reviews

I saw Avatar in 3-D. Also Alice In Wonderland.
I just don't like the glasses.
:P
Allie_Kat is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
topnotchmassage
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie_Kat View Post
I saw Avatar in 3-D. Also Alice In Wonderland.
I just don't like the glasses.
:P
Glasses aside, what'd you think of the 3D version of those movies?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

Seems like everything is coming out in 3D all of the sudden - one last gasp at making the theater experience 'special' compared to renting. The effects aren't that impressive to me (and often it seems that scenes are forced into the movie, just because they have a cool 3D effect), and it can give me a headache. So county me as not a fan.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
Kaboom
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

If done right, it can be entertaining. Sadly of the two of seen since the craze began (Avatar and Clash of the Titans), neither utilized it right. I also don't understand the craze behind Avatar, I think the Smurfs movie could be loads better.
Kaboom is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
topnotchmassage
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
If done right, it can be entertaining. Sadly of the two of seen since the craze began (Avatar and Clash of the Titans), neither utilized it right. I also don't understand the craze behind Avatar, I think the Smurfs movie could be loads better.
I still haven't seen Avatar...
I saw the version of Clash of the Titans that was not 3D(Good movie, IMO, BTW)...I found myself wishing I'd seen it in 3D...
Guess I'm glad I didn't, after all
Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
topnotchmassage
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrew_2000 View Post
Seems like everything is coming out in 3D all of the sudden - one last gasp at making the theater experience 'special' compared to renting. The effects aren't that impressive to me (and often it seems that scenes are forced into the movie, just because they have a cool 3D effect), and it can give me a headache. So county me as not a fan.
They are starting to offer rentals in 3D, too...from what I understand
Old 08-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #8
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Come on peeps, think about it a moment, why the sudden influx of 3d movies...... Because the movie production companies are working in conjuntion with the large TV manufactures who are what.... pushing the new 3 D televisions.....by christmas time you will be seeing 3D TV deals with a couple of 3 D movies thrown into the deal.... its perfect cross marketing, as for the 3d movies themselves, to me its not that special and seems to be a waste of money.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
topnotchmassage
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
I kind of enjoyed the experience...but that may be due to the novelty of it all.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6154
My ECCIE Reviews

I liked the movies. Especially Avatar. I could of watched Alice In Wonderland without 3-D and it would've been just the same. It was all right. I wasn't really that impressed.
Allie_Kat is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

I don't understand something about these new 3D sets. I've seen 3D television before (they did an episode of 'Chuck' in 3D last year). Its my understanding that two images are projected slightly offset, one with blue tones and one with red tones...and the glasses make it so your left eye sees one image, while the right eye sees the other...and voila, your eyes are tricked into seeing 3D.

What is so special about these new 3D sets, that is different than the way 3D movies have worked since the 1950's?

Does this have something to do with a DTV set 'reading' the data on a 3D DVD? If so, it seems like a complete rip-off...like the only 'upgrade' on a 3D set is some encoding...that could have been done all along.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #12
Kaboom
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotchmassage View Post
I still haven't seen Avatar...
I saw the version of Clash of the Titans that was not 3D(Good movie, IMO, BTW)...I found myself wishing I'd seen it in 3D...
Guess I'm glad I didn't, after all
Clash of the Titans itself wasn't bad as a movie, but they converted it to 3D after it was made, due to the success of Avatar. So you really didn't have the scenes and effects that would make it worth the extra 5 dollars. It would have been the same experience in 2D.
Kaboom is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #13
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
I don't understand something about these new 3D sets. I've seen 3D television before (they did an episode of 'Chuck' in 3D last year). Its my understanding that two images are projected slightly offset, one with blue tones and one with red tones...and the glasses make it so your left eye sees one image, while the right eye sees the other...and voila, your eyes are tricked into seeing 3D.

What is so special about these new 3D sets, that is different than the way 3D movies have worked since the 1950's?

Does this have something to do with a DTV set 'reading' the data on a 3D DVD? If so, it seems like a complete rip-off...like the only 'upgrade' on a 3D set is some encoding...that could have been done all along.
There are several different kinds of 3D technology. Analglyph 3D is the old kind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image
The 3D movies you see in most* theatre have special polarized glasses. One lens is polarized at 45 degrees and the other lens is polarized in the opposite direction at 45 degrees. One projector shines a left-eye polarized picture and the other one does the right-eye polarized picture. They have to be perfectly aligned and very bright. (Normal polarized glasses have both lenses 'horizontal'.)

3D TV is yet another animal. The TV alternately shines LEFT and RIGHT images at twice the normal speed for a TV. Special battery powered glasses alternately block the image for the LEFT and RIGHT eye. This is done using LCDs in the glasses that flicker in sync with the TV. These glasses are expensive and ONLY work with the same brand of TV.

Hope that helps!
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:01 AM   #14
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I forgot...I think it is a federal law that 3D movies must have a dragon or dragon-like creature. (Toruk in Avatar, all kinds of dragons in How to train your Dragon, the Jabberwocky in Alice in Wonderland, dragon in Beowulf, all kinds of creatures in Clash of the Titans, Pteranodon & Quetzalcoatlus in Ice Age, Pink dragon in Shrek Forever After, etc)
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
topnotchmassage
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
I forgot...I think it is a federal law that 3D movies must have a dragon or dragon-like creature. (Toruk in Avatar, all kinds of dragons in How to train your Dragon, the Jabberwocky in Alice in Wonderland, dragon in Beowulf, all kinds of creatures in Clash of the Titans, Pteranodon & Quetzalcoatlus in Ice Age, Pink dragon in Shrek Forever After, etc)
I have seen a couple of advertisements for upcoming 3D slasher movies where there wouldn't seem to be 'creatures' of any kind.
Would the killer be the 'dragon-like creature'?..

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women