Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Coed Discussions - Upstate New York
test
Coed Discussions - Upstate New York Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 12-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
rke324
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56
Default HOBBY PHONES & EMAIL

I'm curious as to how many SP's and clients are using smartphones as there hobby phone. Personally, I'm not going to invest in, #1, a smartphone, and #2, service for it which includes a data pkg. for internet / email access.
I bring this up because I have had more than one appointment screwed up in this past year because of a missed or unanswered email. Seeing as I do not have internet / email access with the phone I use, the only way I can access my email is on my laptop. That being said, I am not on my laptop 24 / 7 waiting and looking for email. Given the available options of actually calling and speaking with, sending text msg. or sending email, the option of sending email would seem to be the least effective way to communicate if a quick and timely response is needed. (quick and timely meaning within an hour or two)
What say you ?
rke324 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Highwayman64
Ambassador

Encounters: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rke324 View Post
I'm curious as to how many SP's and clients are using smartphones as there hobby phone. Personally, I'm not going to invest in, #1, a smartphone, and #2, service for it which includes a data pkg. for internet / email access.
I bring this up because I have had more than one appointment screwed up in this past year because of a missed or unanswered email. Seeing as I do not have internet / email access with the phone I use, the only way I can access my email is on my laptop. That being said, I am not on my laptop 24 / 7 waiting and looking for email. Given the available options of actually calling and speaking with, sending text msg. or sending email, the option of sending email would seem to be the least effective way to communicate if a quick and timely response is needed. (quick and timely meaning within an hour or two)
What say you ?
I tend to agree with you on this.....although I use a smartphone so emails hit quickly for me.
Highwayman64 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36
Default you have no idea how much I like this

call speaking with text ok later. Never meet bcd till after call or meeting in a public place.
PM and email ok only for the very beginning to screening each other.
I only think about after screening each other in public meet now.
(Frankie Fine would be only exemption of in public first at this time if I was looking for new to me)

Paulie girl would say I'm being a old fart not embracing technology if he could. And would bust my balls on my ways if he was not banned LOL
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

Don't laugh, but my hobby phone is an old dumb flip phone. It has served me faithfully and cheaply for that one purpose for many years. So I definitely prefer text, especially for last-minute exchanges just before the appointment.

For prebooking and other exchanges setting up the appointment, I actually prefer email, using whatever device I happen to be working on.

If a provider insists on using email exclusively even up to the appointed time, I can (reluctantly) use my work phone to get on the web to access my hobby email.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
Guest012716-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 31

Jack,

Are you able to explain how Google Phone or other VOIP's work and if they would be helpful to have with a smartphone?

I don't quite understand how to use them and how they would ring.
Guest012716-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Green, I don't use Google Voice. I'm sure there are experts here who can help you.

I merely use my work smartphone to get on the web to access any of the email providers (Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
Old 12-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
clearlylost
BANNED

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by green305 View Post
Jack,

Are you able to explain how Google Phone or other VOIP's work and if they would be helpful to have with a smartphone?

I don't quite understand how to use them and how they would ring.
Its really easy green305, you will figure it out no problem.
clearlylost is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #8
rke324
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfengshui View Post
Don't laugh, but my hobby phone is an old dumb flip phone. It has served me faithfully and cheaply for that one purpose for many years. So I definitely prefer text, especially for last-minute exchanges just before the appointment.
If they laugh @ you Jack, they can laugh @ me too. My hobby phone is my old flip phone I used for a work phone. It's like a Timex watch. It takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. I've beat the hell out of it and have never (knock on wood) had a problem with it.

Quote:
For prebooking and other exchanges setting up the appointment, I actually prefer email, using whatever device I happen to be working on.
Again, I agree to a point. You can't expect to email me late at night (10 PM or later) the night before a visit to confirm the appointment and then only give me less than 2 hrs. to respond.

Quote:
If a provider insists on using email exclusively even up to the appointed time, I can (reluctantly) use my work phone to get on the web to access my hobby email.
Not an option for me. I would have to use my laptop and find an unsecured Wi-Fi hotspot. That is nothing shy of being a royal P.I.T.A. especially when they have direct and instant contact via texting.
rke324 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Guest070916
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Use them all. Found email and pm good for screening and feeling each other out. Then if things progress well, move to hobby phone for either call or text. Don't have a smart phone, don't need it. Just use a cheap hobby phone you have to buy the minutes, for call or text which works best for last minute stuff. It's also linked to Google Voice which works great and greatly extends the hobby phone minutes since GV is free. Also used Skype in the past which works great for calls to Canada but now found GV works better.
Guest070916 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
prograde
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

I know what the OP means because the problem was on my end. Emails don't always come through instantly. On a smartphone they can take an hour or more to get there.

I was setting up an appointment through smartphone email, had a time the next day set and was waiting for the location and... it never came. She texted me the next morning asking if we were still on, said she emailed the location the day before. Looked through my email folders and it was in the Spam folder!

I felt like a real dumbass.

A question for the vets on always speaking on the phone first, do you do this after screening and before setting an appointment? It seems like most just want to set everything up through email and that's it until the appointment.
prograde is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by prograde View Post
A question for the vets on always speaking on the phone first, do you do this after screening and before setting an appointment? It seems like most just want to set everything up through email and that's it until the appointment.
depends on the provider.
If she likes PM and or email first, that chat screening of each other is next.
I she likes first contact call first, well that is the screening.

Now before some say she taint screening with first contact over the phone.
oh crap sorry, can't give that infor out.
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by prograde View Post
Emails don't always come through instantly. On a smartphone they can take an hour or more to get there.
I have the same concern, especially if a provider insists on giving me the room number through email after I arrive at the incall venue.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
prograde
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
depends on the provider.
If she likes PM and or email first, that chat screening of each other is next.
I she likes first contact call first, well that is the screening.

Now before some say she taint screening with first contact over the phone.
oh crap sorry, can't give that infor out.
I see what you mean (i think, lol). Send my info with references then set up first appointment on the phone or after first phone conversation. Like i said, though, most vp's are content with just email. I see how the phone convo is good for establishing rapport.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #14
prograde
Valued Poster

Quote:
I have the same concern, especially if a provider insists on giving me the room number through email after I arrive at the incall venue.
Yeah, your email can fuck it up, i always give my number for texting any last minute problems on either side.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Howdy Do Me
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

I've always used my smartphone. I use email/pm to set appts. My number us blocked too, but I let the ladies know this ahead of time when we talk. Had literally a couple ladies that had problems with this. Oh well!
Howdy Do Me is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women