Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70785
biomed163123
Yssup Rider60796
gman4453285
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48625
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42454
CryptKicker37210
The_Waco_Kid36907
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2023, 12:34 AM   #1
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98
Default 20 TRILLION in 10 years.

From the Congressional Budget Office - the US national debt to rise by $20 trillion over the next 10 years

20 TRILLION in 10 years !!!!!!!!!

This fiscal death spiral is existential to the Republic - Congress must treat it that way.

$20 Trillion in additional projected debt illustrates the utter absurdity of Senile Biden’s and the crazy ass leftists attempts to refuse to negotiate on the debt ceiling, which literally exists to control debt… Leftists hate you and America

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...t-10-years-cbo
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:42 AM   #2
berryberry
Valued Poster

Think about this bankrupting of the country with more and more debt - and then think about those leftists who have been gaslighting people, spreading false information and claiming that Rick Scott's plan, which would review every government program every 5 years, is a bad thing.

One would either need to be damn stupid or hate America to not recognize the severity of the problem with out of control government spending and unless there is a plan like the one Rick Scott proposed to force Congress to act, the situation will only become worse and worse until the country is no more, collapsing under the weight of all the debt owed to China and other foreign interests.

Those unserious and ill informed people who like to pretend this is not an issue hate America.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:56 AM   #3
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Ah, gaslighting.

Is that like when Trump added $7 trillion while cutting revenue? Does the CBO outlook show only the impacts of one admin, or does it annually weight the totality of impacts including the programs and revenue collection from prior decisions? Do we zero out the figures every time an administration changes or should we be looking at the carryover effect?

The debt can and must be tackled, but it doesn't require the Rick Scott plan. Take that plan and remove the sunset and you have far more ground to find an actual solution vs forced chaos.

Spending reductions are possible. It does require bipartisanship and moderate voices rather than hyperpartisan zealots who would throw the baby out with the bathwater and ideologues who will gaslight us about who's doing the gaslighting and who hates this nation. That type of intellectually dishonest bullshit is just scapegoating instead of facing up to reality. Difficult decisions must be made. But they must be made in a serious, thoughtful and measured manner with real sacrifices and real compromises.

If you wanted to show whether Biden and the Dems have been a good steward of the debt, you could do it easily without the bad faith, one-sided arguments that cherrypick positions and give cover to the many, many Republicans that have also failed you. Trying to blame one side vs the other gaslight us like when mom tries to explain why she has a 30k credit card debt while dad just financed a new truck. They will both need to look at the budget and reign in spending. Both need to make sacrifices and are both responsible for spending money they didn't have.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:01 AM   #4
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

The US is already bankrupt. We’re a debtor nation and have been for years. The BRICS alliance no longer uses the US dollar for transactions. The Saudis are taking the gold backed Rubles as payment for oil. Russia will only take Rubles as payment for their energy. Say goodbye to the Petro dollar.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:59 AM   #5
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Does the CBO outlook show only the impacts of one admin, or does it annually weight the totality of impacts including the programs and revenue collection from prior decisions? Do we zero out the figures every time an administration changes or should we be looking at the carryover effect?

The debt can and must be tackled, but it doesn't require the Rick Scott plan. Take that plan and remove the sunset and you have far more ground to find an actual solution vs forced chaos.
There you go gaslighting again.

Show me where in my post I said Senile Biden was the only one responsible for running up all this debt. Come on, I will wait.

If you paid attention to what I actually wrote instead of gaslighting, you would see what I ACTUALLY wrote about Senile Biden was this:

"$20 Trillion in additional projected debt illustrates the utter absurdity of Senile Biden’s and the crazy ass leftists attempts to refuse to negotiate on the debt ceiling, which literally exists to control debt"

But you would rather try to gaslight people by changing the focus of what I wrote with false innuendos and statements. And no, Rick's Scott's plan without any Sunset provision to actually force Congress to do their job would render it completely ineffective and mute. Anyone with any semblance of common sense and knowledge knows and sees that.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:13 PM   #6
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Show me specifically where I said you did. You're tilting windmills here.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:23 PM   #7
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Show me specifically where I said you did. You're tilting windmills here.
It's all there is black and white for everyone to see. Not sure why you are now trying to deny it.

Quote:
Is that like when Trump added $7 trillion while cutting revenue? Does the CBO outlook show only the impacts of one admin, or does it annually weight the totality of impacts including the programs and revenue collection from prior decisions? Do we zero out the figures every time an administration changes or should we be looking at the carryover effect?
Old 02-16-2023, 02:57 PM   #8
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

There's no need to get so defensive and invent more fake grievances when I asked simple questions. Why would I show you where you said something I never said you said?

Debt bad. Requires bipartisan effort to make sure the bills we racked up get paid and stop playing petty games and pointing fingers.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:21 PM   #9
berryberry
Valued Poster

Not defensive and I didn't invent any fake grievance.

You tried to play your silly games and gaslight yet again trying to put words into my mouth. You got caught and were exposed - it's all there is black and white for everyone to see - and now you are in CYA mode

Give it up already
Old 02-16-2023, 03:57 PM   #10
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Instead of you focusing on yet another fantasy of persecution, let's get back to the debt ceiling. You're aware that it's actually less about controlling debt and more about streamlining the process and increasing the flexibility of Congress to borrow to pay its bills, right?

If it was designed to control debt rather than to streamline, they wouldn't have moved away from the process of addressing each increase in debt due to legislation on an ad hoc basis per bill requiring said increase. Instead they decoupled and allowed for more fluid spending with less barriers. Making it easier to rack up debt.

Yes, up to a limit. But without robust discussion on impact to debt until after the fact when we all know we're going to borrow to pay the bills instead of default. I have never seen you articulate even once any understanding of that
Old 02-16-2023, 04:40 PM   #11
bambino
Valued Poster

Our government is streamlining us into oblivion.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:46 PM   #12
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 10
Default Econ 101 Time

Quote:
Ah, gaslighting.

Is that like when Trump added $7 trillion while cutting revenue?
First, Trump didn't "cut revenue".

In fact, federal revenues have soared since the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) was enacted. Not by a modest amount, but by FORTY-FUCKING-EIGHT PERCENT in 5 years!! Here's what I posted recently in the National Political Forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
As for the Trump tax cuts, have you looked up how much federal revenues have exploded since their enactment? It's truly mind-boggling!

In FY 2017, the federal govt raked in $3.32 trillion.

In FY 2022, the feds sucked in $4.90 trillion... that's an increase of 48%!!!

It's obvious from this explosion that the Trump tax cuts (so demonized by dim-retards) didn't exactly starve the federal govt of revenues!

Question - How many people on this board can say their income soared by 48% in the past 5 years? And if your income did jump that dramatically, were you able to live comfortably within your means? Or did you piss away all the extra income and go deeper & deeper into debt like the feds habitually do?

Look up the fucking numbers. It's obvious we have a SPENDING problem, not a REVENUE problem!
Secondly, while the debt did increase by $7 trillion under Trump, you fail to note how over $4 trillion of this was racked up in his last year alone due to emergency pandemic outlays.

As a percent of GDP, our budget deficits during Trump's first 3 years were much smaller than they were throughout Obama's entire first term:

Quote:
Does the CBO outlook show only the impacts of one admin, or does it annually weight the totality of impacts including the programs and revenue collection from prior decisions?
The CBO is staffed by professional non-partisan economists and econometricians. Its projections are based on their best estimates assuming no changes in current law or policies that are on the books today. Each time a new piece of legislation that impacts federal spending and/or revenues is signed, the CBO adjusts its forecasts accordingly.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:56 PM   #13
bambino
Valued Poster

Start buying silver. You can thank me later.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:37 PM   #14
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
First, Trump didn't "cut revenue".

In fact, federal revenues have soared since the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) was enacted. Not by a modest amount, but by FORTY-FUCKING-EIGHT PERCENT in 5 years!! Here's what I posted recently in the National Political Forum:
YOY records, but still lower than they should have been. You see cut revenue and assume I'm talking zero sum. Rarely do I focus on zero sum. The negative impact after rescore to revenue was approx $1.7 trillion.

Most savings that were factored into his 10-year were backloaded and won't materialize.

Quote:
Secondly, while the debt did increase by $7 trillion under Trump, you fail to note how over $4 trillion of this was racked up in his last year alone due to emergency pandemic outlays.
$7.8 trillion. Partially offset.

Potential budget savings through 2027 scored are not due to any meaningful deficit-reduction legislation signed by President Trump. Key point. He had full control for w years and had zero legitimate legislative achievements on the debt materialize.

He gets no pass on pandemic spend. His proposed budget savings relied on repeal and replace of Obamacare which never materialized.

He had the largest budget deficit in peacetime. On his watch, the debt exceeded 100% of economy for the first time since 1945. And he beat the spend of Bush and Obama, who were in office for 8 years in only 4. Again, partially pandemic, but he still owns it. And in each of his 4 years in office he overshot the CBO's estimates by over $100 billion.

Quote:
The CBO is staffed by professional non-partisan economists and econometricians. Its projections are based on their best estimates assuming no changes in current law or policies that are on the books today. Each time a new piece of legislation that impacts federal spending and/or revenues is signed, the CBO adjusts its forecasts accordingly.
Factually accurate. At least you know how to answer questions, unlike others.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:10 AM   #15
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Instead of you focusing on yet another fantasy of persecution, let's get back to the debt ceiling. You're aware that it's actually less about controlling debt and more about streamlining the process and increasing the flexibility of Congress to borrow to pay its bills, right?
It's my thread. I will talk about what I want to talk about instead of playing your silly games

The point of this thread is simple - From the Congressional Budget Office - the US national debt to rise by $20 trillion over the next 10 years. And Senile Biden and the other crazy ass leftists are unwilling to do anything to address it. they keep spending money like drunken sailors

$20 Trillion in additional projected debt illustrates the utter absurdity of Senile Biden’s and the crazy ass leftists attempts to refuse to negotiate on the debt ceiling. You can play word games all you want about what the debt ceiling is designed to do but in the end the fact remains, in Congress you should use any tool at your disposal to reign in out of control spending and the debt ceiling is a powerful means to compel concessions on spending policy to reduce the deficit.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women