Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60215
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41262
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35649
Mojojo33117

Old 01-31-2024, 10:27 AM   #1
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98
Default America’s 2-tier-justice system

Violent deranged leftists tore down dozens of statues including Columbus, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington. None were held accountable or charged with a hate crime.

Navy Reservist Michael Cassidy knocks over a Satanic statue made out of household items and gets charged with a hate crime.

Welcome to America’s 2-tier-justice system. The police state made it clear who they worship. Wokeness and Satanism is the new religion.

berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:36 PM   #2
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Lol. There is no such thing as a "hate crime" against a statue
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 02:14 PM   #3
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Berry, this country is, in definition, neutral to all religions.

Are you saying you support religious restrictions and want the places of worship for Satan, to be barred? The Church of Satan exists to piss off people who don't truly believe in religious freedom - only for religious freedom for them and their religion.

The person who destroyed the Satan memorial should be tried with the same charges as if they destroyed something that depicts something from the Christian religion - the stable, baby Jesus, or the crucifixion. Because, lets play some adlibs, [person] destroyed the religious decoration of the [religion] faith, depicting [something from the religion]

'religious freedom for me, censorship for thee'

The Church of Satan's goal was to piss people off by exploiting the legal loopholes.

They may be loopholes, but they are still legal.

The fact that you got your jimmies in a rustle means they accomplished their goal!
The fact that someone got their jimmies in a rustle and destroyed their shrine means they accomplished their goal!

Hail Satan! Hail Santa! Touchdown! Bingo!
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 02:21 PM   #4
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
You sure about that? Looks like Satan got the laws changed:

https://apnews.com/article/satanic-t...949e0b2e4f43f7
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 02:27 PM   #5
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by onawbtngr546 View Post
Berry, this country is, in definition, neutral to all religions.
And what does that have to do with the original post that there continues to be a 2-tier-justice system, one for deranged leftists and one for conservatives.

Why did violent deranged leftists who tore down dozens of statues including Columbus, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington were not held accountable or charged with a hate crime?
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 02:37 PM   #6
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
A premise of there being such a thing as a “hate” crime ~at all~ is 100% retarded. Punishment for, as an example, beating the shit out of a black guy and stealing his wallet, should be no different if you did it because he was black or you saw he had a bunch of Bennys in it when behind him in line at Starbucks. Advocates for “hate crimes”, which is totally undefinable, let alone provable, suggest that it’s somehow better if you just wanted the money.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:34 PM   #7
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
And what does that have to do with the original post that there continues to be a 2-tier-justice system, one for deranged leftists and one for conservatives.

Why did violent deranged leftists who tore down dozens of statues including Columbus, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington were not held accountable or charged with a hate crime?
The OP mentioned the crime that a vandal did against the Satan holiday shrine. I'm simply commenting on one aspect of what you posted in the OP. I'm not off topic because I didn't address the rest of what you posted. I made a comparison on how some people would support the validation of the Satan shrine, but would oppose the same vandalization of the Christian or any other religious shrine in the government building, and how hypocritical that would be.

I don't know why the statues of Washington and Jefferson were vandalized. Do you have a link to where that had happened? I didn't comment on those because I was lacking knowledge, so please, b3, enlighten me.

However if I were to wager a guess, I suspect that the statues of Washington, Jefferson and Columbus were vandalized because those three directly contributed to the Native American genocide, as well as the slave trade. Both Washington and Jefferson owned slaves.

But IANAL, so I don't know why the criminals who vandalized those statues were not held accountable. Were they even caught? I don't know, so please, enlighten me.
Old 01-31-2024, 03:39 PM   #8
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Also (since double/triple posting is seemingly fine, contrary to message boards of the past), the statues of Washington, Jefferson, and Columbus were not religious statues. Nobody in America worships the founding fathers. Or even Columbus.

One major difference in these crimes is that the statues that were vandalized were of historical figures. Whereas the Satan shrine that was vandalized was, quite clearly, an attack on their religion. Which the good old U S of A protects - all religions.

It doesn't matter if the Church of Satan was founded directly to point out, and exploit the stupid loopholes that both the country and state governments have, or isn't an older, historic religion. The attack on a Satan shrine would, legally, be considered the same kind of attack against s church, or a mosque, or a synagogue.
Old 01-31-2024, 03:41 PM   #9
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

OK, even if some people worship the founding fathers, and/or Columbus, there is no religion recognized by the government of any nation about that. That's like, if I decided to start to worship Smokey the Bear, and someone vandalizes a public statue of him. Just because I worship the character, doesn't mean that the vandals were doing a hate crime. Just a regular, run of the mill crime. They weren't attacking a religion (that they might not even had known about).

You're comparing spoiled apples to spoiled oranges. They aren't the same, but they are both spoiled. They are both a crime, but three of the four aren't hate crimes against a religion.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:33 PM   #10
Jacuzzme
BANNED

How does that make one worse than the other? Should my punishment be worse if I hate Smokey the Bear?
Old 01-31-2024, 04:40 PM   #11
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
How does that make one worse than the other? Should my punishment be worse if I hate Smokey the Bear?

No, the punishment shouldn't be any less should you vandalize any public statue.

It's just that, vandalizing a religious statue or place or worship is generally classified as a hate crime - a hate crime against that religion and the religion's members.
However in the public eye, a hate crime against a religions institution is what gets people upset and makes them click to view the news.
The Church of Satan knew this. That's why their holiday shrine was made out of stuff you could buy at the dollar store.

It was something put there, legally, with the purpose of upsetting people because of the legal loophole allowing religions to put holiday shrines in the government capitol. Some asshole vandals took the bait and vandalized it, so they are being charged with a hate crime. Just like they would be had they vandalized the baby jesus shrine.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:45 PM   #12
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

But again, on the topic of a '2-tiered justice system', again on the other three statues mentioned, I don't have anything to say about them, other than the fact that the vandals there were not charged for a hate crime. If they were even charged at all. I don't know, did they ever find the suspect?

Difference between those three and the Satan one, to my knowledge of, is this

The Satan Shrine incident is:
- Religious hate crime
- Vandalization
- Suspect found, and charged

The Washington, Jefferson, Columbus statues incidents are:
- Vandalization
- I don't know if a suspect even exists, to be charged

Although it is rather clear that one of the motives against those statues is slavery, I will find it hard to believe that the people would end up being charged for a hate crime against white people. Reverse racism exists, but I think that just 'old people bad because they owned slaves' is just going too far out on a limb to nail it down to racism. But again, I don't know which incidents that these statues were vandalized.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:48 PM   #13
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

You can be anti-slavery without being anti-white.. but until we have a suspect and a motive, we are all just circle jerking and speculating.

Whereas the vandal from Iowa was found, charged with a hate crime.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:50 PM   #14
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

It has come to my attention that the shrine in Iowa was actually the Satanic Temple, and not the Church of Satan. The Satanic Temple is recognized by the government as tax exempt. My mistake for miss-speaking.

Old 01-31-2024, 06:11 PM   #15
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by onawbtngr546 View Post
It was something put there, legally, with the purpose of upsetting people because of the legal loophole allowing religions to put holiday shrines in the government capitol. Some asshole vandals took the bait and vandalized it, so they are being charged with a hate crime. Just like they would be had they vandalized the baby jesus shrine.
Why are they being charged with a “hate crime” and the harsher penalty that goes with it, not vandalism? Why is it any better or worse than if they were just in the mood to break some shit and it’s the first thing they saw? Why is breaking up a statue of of Satan or baby Jesus more of a crime than if it’s of Roberto Clemente?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women