Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70707
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60356
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41498
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Default Why is the Obama Administration Putting Government Monitors in Newsrooms?

Speaking of Bolsheviks... http://aclj.org/free-speech-2/why-is...s-in-newsrooms

By Matthew Clark
Feb. 18, 2014

The Obama Administration’s Federal Communication Commission (FCC) is poised to place government monitors in newsrooms across the country in an absurdly draconian attempt to intimidate and control the media.

Before you dismiss this assertion as utterly preposterous (we all know how that turned out when the Tea Party complained that it was being targeted by the IRS), this bombshell of an accusation comes from an actual FCC Commissioner.

FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai reveals a brand new Obama Administration program that he fears could be used in “pressuring media organizations into covering certain stories.”

As Commissioner Pai explains in the Wall Street Journal:

Last May the FCC proposed an initiative to thrust the federal government into newsrooms across the country. With its "Multi-Market Study of Critical Information Needs," or CIN, the agency plans to send researchers to grill reporters, editors and station owners about how they decide which stories to run. A field test in Columbia, S.C., is scheduled to begin this spring.

The purpose of the CIN, according to the FCC, is to ferret out information from television and radio broadcasters about "the process by which stories are selected" and how often stations cover "critical information needs," along with "perceived station bias" and "perceived responsiveness to underserved populations."

In fact, the FCC is now expanding the bounds of regulatory powers to include newspapers, which it has absolutely no authority over, in its new government monitoring program.

The FCC has apparently already selected eight categories of “critical information” “that it believes local newscasters should cover.”

That’s right, the Obama Administration has developed a formula of what it believes the free press should cover, and it is going to send government monitors into newsrooms across America to stand over the shoulders of the press as they make editorial decisions.

This poses a monumental danger to constitutionally protected free speech and freedom of the press.

Every major repressive regime of the modern era has begun with an attempt to control and intimidate the press.

As Thomas Jefferson so eloquently said, "our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost."

The federal government has absolutely no business determining what stories should and should not be run, what is critical for the American public and what is not, whether it perceives a bias, and whose interests are and are not being served by the free press.

It’s an unconscionable assault on our free society.

Imagine a government monitor telling Fox News it needed to cover stories in the same way as MSNBC or Al Jazeera. Imagine an Obama Administration official walking in to the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal and telling it that the American public would be better served if it is stopped reporting on the IRS scandal or maybe that reporting on ObamaCare “glitches” is driving down enrollment.

It’s hard to imaging anything more brazenly Orwellian than government monitors in newsrooms.

Is it any wonder that the U.S. now ranks 46th in the world for freedom of the press? Reporters Without Boarders called America’s precipitous drop of 13 places in its recent global rankings “one of the most significant declines” in freedom of the press in the world.

Freedom of the press is proudly extolled in the First Amendment, yet our nation now barely makes the top fifty for media freedom.

We cannot allow the unfathomable encroachment on our free speech and freedom of the press to continue.

We’ve seen, and defeated, this kind of attempt to squelch free speech before in the likes of the Fairness Doctrine and the Grassroots Lobbying Bill (incidentally one of my first projects at the ACLJ). Each one of these euphemistically named government programs is nothing more than an underhanded attempt to circumvent the Constitution and limit free speech – speech that the government finds inconvenient. They’re equally unconstitutional, and they each must be defeated.

Join the ACLJ as we take a stand. Sign the ACLJ’s Petition to Stop the Obama FCC’s Free Speech Monitors.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
hungryhippo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Interesting.It seems like the GOP won't let that happen.

http://www.adweek.com/news/press/fcc...actices-155673
hungryhippo is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Why do each political party monitor what music you listen to or what TV programs you watch? Because they can?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Why do each political party monitor what music you listen to or what TV programs you watch? Because they can?
Speaking of Bolsheviks... ^-^-^-^-^-....
Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

As if the media isn't already state-controlled.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

About time for you to put up another family pic iffy.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The fact that they even considered this is scary enough.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:06 AM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I thought all you guys said the 'lame stream media' was in the left's pocket!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I always said that you have to condemn your elected REPRESENTATIVES for what they try to do as well as what they do.. Some one who thinks this is a good idea has no place in our government.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #10
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I thought all you guys said the 'lame stream media' was in the left's pocket!

Why don't you just shut your whore mouth?
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

This needs to concern everyone. They are even planning on sending the FCC to newspapers. Talk about an over reaching! Since when did the FCC regulate newspapers?

This is clearly a threat to the 1st amendment. All journalist, whether they lean left or right, who have an ounce of integrety should tell the FCC to fuck themselves.

Next thing you know they'll be moderating this website.

Think about that!
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #12
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
This needs to concern everyone. They are even planning on sending the FCC to newspapers. Talk about an over reaching! Since when did the FCC regulate newspapers?

This is clearly a threat to the 1st amendment. All journalist, whether they lean left or right, who have an ounce of integrety should tell the FCC to fuck themselves.

Next thing you know they'll be moderating this website.

Think about that!
Believe me, the NSA could provide the names of everyone posting here, and a list of all their posts, anytime they wanted. Its all in your file, my friend.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #13
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Believe me, the NSA could provide the names of everyone posting here, and a list of all their posts, anytime they wanted. Its all in your file, my friend.

I know this is true. 2 years ago I was on one of my friends patriot blogs. I logged out and went to my favorite aquarium hobby site. With in 5 minutes the owner of the aquarium site started a thread in "for mods only" and said "i don't know why but homeland security just joined our site"... i didn't say a word.

fuckem
Old 02-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #15
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
I know this is true. 2 years ago I was on one of my friends patriot blogs. I logged out and went to my favorite aquarium hobby site. With in 5 minutes the owner of the aquarium site started a thread in "for mods only" and said "i don't know why but homeland security just joined our site"... i didn't say a word.

fuckem

yeah, riiiiiiight.

what the fuck would HS want with a dolt like you ?
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women