Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161573
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48038
pyramider46370
bambino40758
CryptKicker37134
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
sleastak
Gaining Momentum

Default A Cautionary Tale: Recent Tragedy in Las Colinas

There is new information about a crash that killed a Colleyville woman, her boyfriend, and an attorney in Irving last month — including the final known images of the three victims. Article and police report mention The Lodge and The Men's Club.

New Story
Police Report
Video

People, please be careful.
sleastak is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Roothead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default nothing good come out of going out after midnight

This is a really sad story on so many levels... the lost of life, the media coverage and families forever torn apart

I am sure there are several under current themes taking place - the legal aspect of this, given the nature of the accident and the underlying circumstances, the socio-ecomonic status of the driver, the divorce he was facing, etc.... this will be a fiasco and a legal morass....
Roothead is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Attorneys are licking their lips.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Roothead
Valued Poster

The way the wife explained the situation, it seems like he was going through a mid-life crisis big-time...The guy was big in the personal injury area and had to have had some big paydays... he and his widow are still listing a $4MM beach front home in CA (LA area)... He had to have had a lot of personal liability coverage ($millions), if only to cover his ass and assets - the divorce filing complicates things as does, the possibility of impaired driving and the possibility that some aspect of this will void his coverages, all of this on top of the reckless endangerment.... add to this the airing of personal dirty laundry and it has all the makings of a CBS 48 hrs reality documentary.... I feel for the wife and kids of the driver, and of course for the parents of the young couple ... it is indeed a stark example for all to learn from
Old 02-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
SouthArlington
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

In the late-80s, Ronnie (the attorney) was one of the best high school tennis players in the country. He used to whip my ass on a regular basis.

It is a very sad story indeed. It sounds like it was a fun evening of debauchery gone awry. The kind of evening many of us enjoy on a regular basis.

It is something to think about before drinking too much and driving, which again is something many of us probably do too much.
SouthArlington is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
MRMR
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Sad story on so many levels.

Made for TV movie? Sounds like it.

Easily could have been me after a night out of drinking, only problem is the old car only does about 70mph.
MRMR is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
cowboyesfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way

--Ronnie Van Zant
cowboyesfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #8
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roothead View Post
The way the wife explained the situation, it seems like he was going through a mid-life crisis big-time...The guy was big in the personal injury area and had to have had some big paydays... he and his widow are still listing a $4MM beach front home in CA (LA area)... He had to have had a lot of personal liability coverage ($millions), if only to cover his ass and assets - the divorce filing complicates things as does, the possibility of impaired driving and the possibility that some aspect of this will void his coverages, all of this on top of the reckless endangerment.... add to this the airing of personal dirty laundry and it has all the makings of a CBS 48 hrs reality documentary.... I feel for the wife and kids of the driver, and of course for the parents of the young couple ... it is indeed a stark example for all to learn from
Driving drunk doesn't void insurance coverage.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #9
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Driving drunk doesn't void insurance coverage.
Do we even know if he was legally drunk? Have the toxicology tests been published? He looks pretty sober to me in the video.

But the girl looks very tipsy, dancing around and acting silly.

Speed was the main factor. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to drive race cars on city streets. After midnight, broad daylight, any time.
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #10
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynagetlaid View Post
Do we even know if he was legally drunk? Have the toxicology tests been published? He looks pretty sober to me in the video.

But the girl looks very tipsy, dancing around and acting silly.

Speed was the main factor. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to drive race cars on city streets. After midnight, broad daylight, any time.
FWOG, do you know many people who are out at the time in the morning with complete strangers who are not drunk? And the fact that the guy's car was launched that fucking far after hitting a guard rail pretty much tells me that this dude was hammered and was driving at the top end speed of his Porsche.

He was either suicidal, tried to avoid an animal on the road while driving about 180 MPH while sober, or the dude was drunk as hell...Regardless, I guess the facts will come out soon enough but damn, what a sad story about a sad event that should not have ever occurred...Those kids had a long life ahead of them and so did he. It's just sad all of the way around, especially when you think about not only the deceased, but their families and the uncalled for aftermath/embarrassment all family members will have to endure after such an accident...Just imagine what the driver/attorney's poor kids will have to go through from jerk classmates while finishing middle school and high school.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #11
durango95
Account Disabled

Speed and alchohol were definately a factor. You dont "launch" a car as in this accident without going very fast. Since they were out late I am sure alchohol was involved. So a new high powered car, dangerous speed, and alchohol is involved then these folks were heading for a tragedy. I feel for all the families, dying in an auto accident is never good. I read that the attorney driving was not even killed by the impact, he drowned after the car went into the canal.
durango95 is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #12
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Speed and alchohol were definately a factor

I'll wait until they publish the toxicology results. But I think there's a 90/10 chance he was way over .08!!!
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
Roothead
Valued Poster

all the signs of a mid-lfe crisis

whoring around (yeah so do we I know)
possible substance abuse
pending divorce
quit his job/ started up a new practice
high powered "look at me" car (ok, I have a Range Rover, a Porsche 911, a BMW 745i and a Volvo Xc90, so my SO and I are that also, but I do not drive them anywhere near their thresholds)

I just know so many of these guys (and ladies too), from College, Frat, Grad school and neighbors, that are just friggen crazy these days
Old 02-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
YohannG
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
FWOG, do you know many people who are out at the time in the morning with complete strangers who are not drunk? And the fact that the guy's car was launched that fucking far after hitting a guard rail pretty much tells me that this dude was hammered and was driving at the top end speed of his Porsche.

He was either suicidal, tried to avoid an animal on the road while driving about 180 MPH while sober, or the dude was drunk as hell....
Haven't done the physics but I would have to say he was probably doing just over 100, maybe 120 when he hit the guardrail. He dissipated some speed sliding in the grass but had to be traveling maybe 60 when he became air born. The vehicles black box would probably have recorded the most recent top speed before the crash, it would be interesting to know more.
YohannG is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
titlover1
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

What a shame for all involved.
titlover1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women