Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70670
biomed162308
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453213
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48371
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
feetnstuff187
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 20
Smile So, open carry passed in Texas...

I just heard on the news that open carry of hand guns passed in Texas. How do you think that's going to effect the hobby world? Pretty sure providers don't want us showing up at their door strapped.
feetnstuff187 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Will be interesting to see if the death rate by handguns go up.

I would like them to bring back the gunfight at noon in the quadrangle myself.

It's going to make cops jobs a lot harder i think.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Jessika Sweetz
SexXy Tatted Goddess

User ID: 192582
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

If you aren't going to use it then don't bring it up haha but on a serious note that's a interesting law and we will see how it goes
Jessika Sweetz is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:02 PM   #4
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The brilliance of carrying a gun, concealed or open carry, never ceases to baffle me.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:21 PM   #5
matthh1987
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by feetnstuff187 View Post
I just heard on the news that open carry of hand guns passed in Texas. How do you think that's going to effect the hobby world? Pretty sure providers don't want us showing up at their door strapped.
I am positive it is the same if you conceal carry and visit a lady. That would probably be an unwelcome surprise. If you do carry, just leave it in your car to avoid any unwanted attention by onlookers or providers.
matthh1987 is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:55 AM   #6
Wheretonow
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Pistol Marks would probably take it out and play with it - after unloading it of course - gotta practice safe handling practices.

Wheretonow is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:57 AM   #7
tortpicker
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasfan View Post
Will be interesting to see if the death rate by handguns go up.

I would like them to bring back the gunfight at noon in the quadrangle myself.

It's going to make cops jobs a lot harder i think.

Every cop that I ask is all for it. Anyone carrying has to go through the CHL training and all of the background checks. So they know if your carrying your not the type that's going to use it for the wrong reasons.
tortpicker is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #8
cheatercheater
Prowler

Encounters: 71

Open carry is a who knows what's going to happen scenario.
If criminals enter an establishment and see you are carrying openly, you become a first target. you are an immediate threat to the completion of their crime.
Or.......
If criminals enter an establishment and see you are carrying openly, they may leave and head to the nearest Starbucks or other gun free zone that has no immediate threats.

As for hobby changes, probably very few. If a providers peeps out to see just how fat my ass is before she opens the door and sees a Glock holstered on my side, she will not bother opening the door.
cheatercheater is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:06 AM   #9
Halfbad
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortpicker View Post
Every cop that I ask is all for it. Anyone carrying has to go through the CHL training and all of the background checks. So they know if your carrying your not the type that's going to use it for the wrong reasons.
BINGO! I actually got an ass chewing from a DPS Trooper for NOT carrying even though I had a CHL. He was kewl though and let me go with a "thou shalt carry" warning.
Halfbad is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #10
motor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 61

Through business, I have dealt with Carrollton PD. I ask them the same question. Basically, They aren't going to do anything. They feel that after the "new" wears off most will quit because of it being a pain. Those that continue to carry openly, the police said that those people are just looking for attention. I have a CHL...... I carry in my vehicle mostly, very seldom to I carry on me. As for carrying one to see a provider, Smart guy will leave it in the car. Where is the need to take it in?
motor is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #11
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatercheater View Post
If a providers peeps out to see just how fat my ass is before she opens the door and sees a Glock holstered on my side, she will not bother opening the door.
my problem is even before the gun law has taken effect, and with no Glock at my side... the Providers who peep out and see me don't bother opening the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor View Post
Through business, I have dealt with Carrollton PD. I ask them the same question. Basically, They aren't going to do anything. They feel that after the "new" wears off most will quit because of it being a pain. Those that continue to carry openly, the police said that those people are just looking for attention.
this makes sense to me.. I suspect we'll have a good read on how it will play out in the next 3-4 months..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #12
Maverick972
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor View Post
Through business, I have dealt with Carrollton PD. I ask them the same question. Basically, They aren't going to do anything. They feel that after the "new" wears off most will quit because of it being a pain. Those that continue to carry openly, the police said that those people are just looking for attention. I have a CHL...... I carry in my vehicle mostly, very seldom to I carry on me. As for carrying one to see a provider, Smart guy will leave it in the car. Where is the need to take it in?
Great point...the novelty will wear off, most who have a CHL don't carry consistant nor have the training or guts to draw down in a real gunfight. I have some experience in this area and I can tell you that you don't want to be that guy whose gun is sticking out like a sore thumb.

Your the first person I am going to shoot.
Maverick972 is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #13
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

We'll see how it plays out next year.

With all this crazy terrorist stuff going on, i think we will see some policy changes at places like restaurants, bars, and clubs where they will prohibit it from their establishments.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #14
dark3419
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

I doubt that most CHL holders will actually wear their firearm when going to meet a provider. If something happens and LE shows up, possession of a firearm during another alleged crime adds up to serious charges.

Mine stays locked up in my car for such visits.
dark3419 is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #15
wopr
Registered Member

Open carry for every day normal situations seems silly. Why make yourself a target?

I'm all for it, but I don't want to be the first guy in the room to get shot at or jumped from behind.
wopr is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women