Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60377
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 08-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #1
nikkivikkisix
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 107654
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Gun smith?

Hello sexies!

I just purchased a new SCCY brand .9mm. (Its purple and I love it!)
Anyway I want to reduce the trigger pull,to reduce the amount of pressure it takes to fire the weapon. (Prior to this I was using a SW m&p .22 as my carry and really liked how little pull it took to fire. )Can anyone recommend a gunsmith? I watched a few youtube videos on how to stretch the Spring in order to do what I want ,but truthfully I'm a little nervous about altering it myself.
nikkivikkisix is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:20 AM   #2
Guest062217
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

Athena gun range has an on-site gun smith...
Guest062217 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #3
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

First check and see if someone makes a light pull trigger bar or spring for it.....

.....and you (or we) can swap it out.

Don't let a gunsmith polish off the hard coating on any parts.

That's the trick for Glocks.

(oh,...check youTube for videos.)
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Teddy is one of the best in Texas.

http://www.actionsbyt.com/index.htm

O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #5
Fishpie
Valued Poster

The money you would spend on the parts and labor you should've just gotten something that is already good to go out the door.
Fishpie is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Why don't you first ask the manufacturer? I think they're in Florida.

Contact info from their catalog: "Our SCCY Perpetual Warranty might be the most impressive of all the SCCY’s many features and accessories. SCCY firearms carry a lifetime warranty that stays with the firearm. In the event your SCCY firearm requires service, just contact the factory
service department directly: Toll Free - (866) 729-7599 or by Email - service@sccy.com "
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Sometimes it's better to keep that "lawyer trigger" and sometimes not.
A lot of handguns are somewhat hard to tweak even by a good gunsmith. It's not always best to spend a lot of money on a less expensive weapon. If you can find a simple fix that's great but if it was that simple the fix would probably already be in the weapon.
The last thing you want to do is make the weapon undependable. If the weapon is mostly for self defence and not target practice then the stronger trigger pull maybe better for you especially if you carry. If it's a purse gun the only time you should ever pull it out is when you need to pull the trigger and that will probably be less than a five yard shot so the trigger pull is not that important.

Just my opinion

All of mine I keep about 2-1/2 lbs so maybe I shouldn't have even said anything here.
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:29 PM   #8
nu2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I would never ever put a "hair trigger" on any of my handguns.The lawyers would have a field day in court. No need to give a lawyer ammo to use against me.
Whenever you create, with the best of intentions, a trigger pull lighter than the gun's manufacturer specified for self defense use, a lawsuit can allege negligence on your part.
nu2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #9
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Big difference between a "hair" trigger and adjusting the force needed to pull the trigger.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #10
nu2
Valued Poster

What you think may be the correct force needed to pull the trigger may not be the correct force until it is adjudicated as such.
nu2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #11
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2 View Post
I would never ever put a "hair trigger" on any of my handguns.The lawyers would have a field day in court. No need to give a lawyer ammo to use against me.
Whenever you create, with the best of intentions, a trigger pull lighter than the gun's manufacturer specified for self defense use, a lawsuit can allege negligence on your part.

You got anything to back that up?

That seems to be a popular internet rumor that no one can site a single case where it happened. Hear the scared people talk about handloads the same way, and modifying the gun in any way also. If it is a good shoot, it is a good shoot.

I will add that 2.5 pounds seems a lot lighter than most need, experienced shooters exempted. I would recommend about 4 pounds for most carry guns. That is heavy enough to help prevent most NDs from a nervous finger on the trigger (don't do that, keep it off until ready to shoot.) but not unnecessarily heavy.

If she is carrying in her purse (or on her hip, etc.), the gun should be in a holster that protects the trigger (it also helps keep crap out of the mechanism). Don't just toss the thing in there, buy a cheap Blackhawk holster. It will set you back about $15 and adds a lot to the safety of carrying a firearm in a pocket or purse.

FYI to all the ladies out there, Athena has not announced it yet, but they are planning on having a ladies event on Saturday, Oct 1. They will have a number of vendors come in that specialize in products designed for female shooters, bags, holsters, accessories, etc.

Edited to add, to the OP, a lot of ladies I have worked with find that the addition of a Hogue brand grip sleeve improves feel and comfort. They are less than $10 and will give you a finger groove and a better gripping surface. Easy to install and take off if you don't like it. Key is practice and practice with whatever you carry. Most all local ranges have ladies nights where range fees are cut in half. I see you are on the north side, Gander Mountain has a good range and holds ladies nights. If more toward Conroe, Saddle River Range, 4 miles west of I-45 on 1488, is 1/2 off on Mondays for ladies. That is also a nice range. If you don't know how to properly maintain and clean you pistol, find someone who does to teach you.

O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #12
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Excellent advice.

I learned at a very early age that you never point a firearm at anybody unless your intent is to kill them.
And if you do, make sure they are dead. You do not want them taking the firearm from you and killing you.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:12 PM   #13
Still-Naughty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter View Post
First check and see if someone makes a light pull trigger bar or spring for it.....

.....and you (or we) can swap it out.

Don't let a gunsmith polish off the hard coating on any parts.

That's the trick for Glocks.

(oh,...check youTube for videos.)
2000 grit sandpaper works great for smoothing out the sear, always worked well in my revolvers..

OP.. maybe put a 1000 round through the firearm prior to any smith work, as triggers will usually smooth out.
Still-Naughty is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #14
nu2
Valued Poster

Default Civil Liability

The problem lies when you do not intentionally pull the trigger. Say the attacker approaches you and you say halt. You draw your weapon and point it at him and he says O. K. and puts his hands up. But your gun goes off because your finger was on your modified trigger which you accidentally pulled.
Under that circumstance, if you accidentally pull the trigger and the court finds that it is to light, the law is going to look at that and say are you negligent in modifying your trigger and you could be liable for civil damages under those circumstances.
In a civil suit,the plaintiff's attorney will do everthing possible to make sure their client is awarded damages.
So if you do decide to modify your trigger, all I can say is train, train, and keep on training. It seems to me that most people get their carry license and do not do this. They might go to the range once a year. That's not enough.
I urge all licensed to carry holders to attend gun law seminars.
nu2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:32 PM   #15
Totempole
Premium Access

Encounters: 100

Did you get the Pink one

[

FAQs suggest they have issues engaging the safety.

Q. My gun was able to fire, even though I thought I had the safety on. What caused this?

A. You may not have had the safety fully engaged. Please note that on some units, the right side safety lever will need to be slightly higher than the left in order for the safety to truly be on. (And remember that the most important safety is always the operator’s trigger finger!)

Suggest you return it and buy higher quality unit. You will be happier in the long run.
Totempole is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women