Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162864
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36409
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 08-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1
Default Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review week1

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!
Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.
Rules -
"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!"
Actually we do.
WKWCFR rule 1
"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"
British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli
If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...
Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!
What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.
WKWCFR rule 2
Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!
Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.
So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/polls

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/scoreboard
Old 08-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Well it's that time again! it's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!
pull up them jocks, strap on them pads and let the pigskins fly all across America!!!

predictions.

Alabama will NOT repeat as BCS champs. sorry Bama no bias here just too hard to do which is why no one has done it and you won't either. Not even with Satan, er Saban at the helm.

Texas will not go undefeated but will beat OU .. again. probably

Ohio St. a trendy pick to win it all. Perhaps, they have the the best chance to run the weak Big Ten table and no conference championship game to worry about.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Wordsmith
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

How about TCU vs. Ohio State in the BCS title game. I'd love to see Ohio State get smacked around. Big 10 teams are so overrated.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

TCU this year at least could be the best team in Texas given they are a veteran team with Dalton being a proven QB, i've been all over TCU the last few years. They do have a shot but they'll have to run the table again. doable yes but not easy. for some reason Yahoo sports doesn't show TCU's schedule i'll check it later and see who they play.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Sat, Sep 4(24) Oregon State 7:45 pm--
Sat, Sep 11 Tennessee Tech 7:00 pm--
Sat, Sep 18 Baylor 4:30 pm--
Fri, Sep 24 at Southern Methodist 8:00 pm--
Sat, Oct 2 at Colorado State 2:00 pm--
Sat, Oct 9 Wyoming 3:30 pm--
Sat, Oct 16 Brigham Young 4:00 pm--
Sat, Oct 23 Air Force 8:00 pm--
Sat, Oct 30 at UNLV 11:00 pm--
Sat, Nov 6 at Utah 3:30 pm--
Sat, Nov 13 San Diego State 4:00 pm--
Sat, Nov 27 at New Mexico 4:00 pm--

Here's TCU's schedule, i forgot the Froggies have a BIG home opener with Oregon St. it's at TCU so i'll predict the Froggies make a big opening statement W. U go Froggies!

BTW - after Oregon St. really only BYU has a legit shot to beat TCU based on talent at least, and you get them in Ft. Worth. if anything, strength of schedule may hurt TCU's BCS title hopes if TCU runs the table. as i recall it still is a component in some of the computer rankings, but worse it could be a factor to the human voters which account for a high percentage of the BCS standings when they come out.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

At Utah might be tough. The rest look good. I will be wearing my Marshall Faulk SDSU jersey at the November 13th game to support my Alma Mater. Hopefully they don't get 50 dropped on them.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
scooterpie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Sat, Sep 4(24) Oregon State 7:45 pm--
Sat, Sep 11 Tennessee Tech 7:00 pm--
Sat, Sep 18 Baylor 4:30 pm--
Fri, Sep 24 at Southern Methodist 8:00 pm--
Sat, Oct 2 at Colorado State 2:00 pm--
Sat, Oct 9 Wyoming 3:30 pm--
Sat, Oct 16 Brigham Young 4:00 pm--
Sat, Oct 23 Air Force 8:00 pm--
Sat, Oct 30 at UNLV 11:00 pm--
Sat, Nov 6 at Utah 3:30 pm--
Sat, Nov 13 San Diego State 4:00 pm--
Sat, Nov 27 at New Mexico 4:00 pm--

Here's TCU's schedule, i forgot the Froggies have a BIG home opener with Oregon St. it's at TCU so i'll predict the Froggies make a big opening statement W. U go Froggies!

BTW - after Oregon St. really only BYU has a legit shot to beat TCU based on talent at least, and you get them in Ft. Worth. if anything, strength of schedule may hurt TCU's BCS title hopes if TCU runs the table. as i recall it still is a component in some of the computer rankings, but worse it could be a factor to the human voters which account for a high percentage of the BCS standings when they come out.

Technically
, it's not a home game for TCU. It will be played at Jerryworld. TCU will play 8 games this year that they will not have to travel to. In addition to their 6 home games and the game at the Jones Mahal, they also play at SMU. This will be a definite advantage for them.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

good point, technically it's not a home game. Tell that to Oregon St. LOL. Utah, they could be good again this year, a possible road game trap. if i had to pick a dark horse upset I'd watch out for Baylor, with Griffin back and hopefully at full speed again Baylor could be a dangerous offensive team. it's an early game where you can have a few lapses and whoops you lose. wouldn't bet on it since Patty always has solid play in all phases, including special teams.

now on to other openers, Ohio St. plays Marshall. I'll want to see how Pryor plays tonight. if he struggles SweaterVest may have problems. don't really expect the Buckys to outright lose but if Pryor and the offense don't look sharp against a patsy then the Convicts coming to the HorseShoe next week will have even more drama.

Pitt opens against Utah on the road, we'll get to see if Wanny has a strong team and also a preview of Utah for that TCU game later on. I'd expect Pitt to win without much issues, Pitt has a great young back that could end up in the Heisman mix, but they have a new QB so if a team can stuff Pitt's rushing attack Pitt could find out the hard way they don't have a good QB that can make a few key plays when needed. The guy doesn't need to be Dan Marino but he'll need to be steady without a lot of turnovers and at some point this season he'll have to make a play with the game in question.

USC plays at Hawaii. the Lane Kiffin era should open with an easy W. simply can't see Kiffy fuckin' this one up unless his whole team goes out and gets drunk LOL. we'll see what Kiffy brings to the table later in the year, they don't play anyone of note until late October. this year's game with the faggot Irish of Neutered Dames could be very interesting, it's in LA but while Kelly is fat he's not the Fat Bastard. which means as much as i despise ND they got it right this time. Kelly can coach, what's more he gets more out of less than most coaches, something ND needs given their so-called high academic standards.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Well SweaterVest doesn't have a QB problem, this week at least. Buckys roll. the 'Canes roll also. get it on in the Shoe next week! that'll be the big one it looks like.

Wanny's got a QB problem. shouldn't have underestimated the Utes. if Pitt can't run their QB better stop throwin' INT's in OT. Utes take it.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #10
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

all I know is the winner will be from the SEC again.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRich View Post
all I know is the winner will be from the SEC again.
if they are not all on probation reminds me of the late 80's when all the SWC and Big 8 schools were turning each other in

I really missed this thread from the old board

btw I got to tour Oklahoma State's new locker rooms a couple of weeks ago and like Barry Switzter said "screw tradition it is what the recruits see", well he is right, for once, we have shower heads that are worth $700 a piece. Electronics and more electronics, a weight room that would make Nebraska jeoulous, the lockers have about 6 plug ins for what ever. Jerry Jones said our locker room is better than his.

The proof of the pudding is that we have a top ten recruiting class per Scout.com and we still have 3 scholarships to offer

We are predictated to be 5-6 in the south, I will bet even money we end up 3rd
Old 09-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

if da NFL Cowgirls don't find some offense yer Cowboys might have a better locker roon and team. LOL.

USC's defense needs to get it together, giving up 36 to Hawaii without JuneBug's offense doesn't look like USC has a top level unit at this point in the season, it's early but play like that in the PAC 10 and someone else with win the PAC 10.

Speaking of JuneBug Tubby gets to test his style of football, defense against SMU in his opener replacing the Pirate. I read recently that the Pirate ignored defense at Tech, so what? that's why you have a defensive coordinator. some guy named Steve Superior used that basic strategy and i recall it worked out pretty well. Quick - who was Florida's defensive coordinator in 1996?
Old 09-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
scooterpie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

TCU Horned Frogs vs. Oregon State Beavers

Good game, but I have some concerns about TCU, especially the defense.
No pass rush, QB Ryan Katz had all day to throw, secondary got burned a few too many times by James Rodgers and Jordan Bishop. They were beat quite a few times and Katz just missed the throw.
They contained Jacquizz Rodgers pretty well throughout the game.
Andy Dalton made a couple of bad decisions that were intercepted which led to scores by the Beavers. He also was a little off on many of his passes, but was able to make up for it with his legs with 2 rushing TD's and many 1st down conversions.
Ed Wesley showed that he might be a serious RB threat this year with 134 yds on 17 carries, he looked really good.

Oh well, we have Tennessee Tech next week to beat up on and hopefully work some of these things out.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #14
Chainsaw Anthropologist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith View Post
How about TCU vs. Ohio State in the BCS title game. I'd love to see Ohio State get smacked around. Big 10 teams are so overrated.
Let's see, what's that powerhouse conference TCU plays in, oh yeah......

The Mountain Waste!!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
Hawkeye
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

TCU is good.....but I don't know about those frog skin uniforms......here's the other Nike Pro Combat uniforms for 2010:
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...photo=11925581

And while we're at it, here's a look at Eastern Washington's new field:
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women