Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60206
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48387
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41251
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2016, 11:38 PM   #1
GoAheadMkMyDay
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6
Default Prepaid debit card and personal info

I've just got my first prepaid debit card, but its forcing me (i.e. won't activate without) to submit a lot of personal info to activate and register the card. I selected a re-loadable card so I use it in the future when needed without the hassle/potential visibility of getting another card. Should I have got a non-reloadable card? Would that not require a registration/activation process? The re-loadable card requires AND VERIFIES a valid address and social, and then they want to send a personalized card. Needless to say I've cancelled the pre-paid card, and now its just like a non-reloadable card.

Sorry if this seems a noob question, but this is the first time I've tried to use one of these, so in this sense I am.
GoAheadMkMyDay is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

User ID: 244249
My ECCIE Reviews

From what I understand, prepaid non reloadable gift cards do not require any personal information to use and make purchases. I know for VV, they can be loaded with up to $500 and used in-person or online as a credit card. Reloadable debit cards, as you've discovered, can be acquired with just money initially, but they require one's real world name, SSN, phone number, and address to receive the permanent card.
Lena Duvall is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 AM   #3
hornsfan4life
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAheadMkMyDay View Post
I've just got my first prepaid debit card, but its forcing me (i.e. won't activate without) to submit a lot of personal info to activate and register the card. I selected a re-loadable card so I use it in the future when needed without the hassle/potential visibility of getting another card. Should I have got a non-reloadable card? Would that not require a registration/activation process? The re-loadable card requires AND VERIFIES a valid address and social, and then they want to send a personalized card. Needless to say I've cancelled the pre-paid card, and now its just like a non-reloadable card.

Sorry if this seems a noob question, but this is the first time I've tried to use one of these, so in this sense I am.
Post 9/11 ALL pre-paid debit cards have to verify your identity, which means submitting real and verifiable personal information. You can't get around it, if you want to use a pre-paid debit card as far as I know.

Gift cards bearing the Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo work differently. Those do not have to be registered for use, BUT once the predetermined value is gone they usually don't have an option to be reloaded.
hornsfan4life is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

CASH, is King
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
ValenTX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

You also have to factor in what happens if the card gets lost or stolen. Would you want to just write off whatever balance was left? Or would you expect the issuing bank to cancel the card and issue a new one? If you expect the latter then you gotta pony up the personal info. Otherwise what is to stop a total stranger from claiming it was their card, get the one you are carrying cancelled and a replacement sent to them?
ValenTX is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #6
gdwtwilight2000
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Can prepaid gift cards be used outside the US? I thought the answer was no, so for example, you can't charge p411.
gdwtwilight2000 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:16 PM   #7
GoAheadMkMyDay
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
CASH, is King
NOT for booking a hotel, it isn't.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:17 AM   #8
GingerKatt
The BEST Memory Ever.

User ID: 100363
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Walmart has a Bluebird AmEx card with NO fees and not a lot of special personal info required. On those cards that require a SS #, I simply change the last # of my SS #. No problem. Just remember what it is because they use it to verify it's you sometimes. It's not really legally to be asked for that # except from the government. So far I've had no trouble changing the last number. If they ask, I'll say I made a mistake, but they won't. It's not legal for them to have that number. You can even vary your name slightly.
GingerKatt is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #9
GoAheadMkMyDay
Lifetime Premium Access

For the WM re-loadable VISA card I got, they verified the social by asking me to answer questions that could ONLY have been worked out by looking at the history of my SSN. From previous answers, they do have the right since 9/11 to check this.

But the bigger concern for me, was that once they got my info they wanted to send me a personal card to the house. REALLY didn't want to see that happen.

Seems the answer will be to get a non-reloadable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerKatt View Post
Walmart has a Bluebird AmEx card with NO fees and not a lot of special personal info required. On those cards that require a SS #, I simply change the last # of my SS #. No problem. Just remember what it is because they use it to verify it's you sometimes. It's not really legally to be asked for that # except from the government. So far I've had no trouble changing the last number. If they ask, I'll say I made a mistake, but they won't. It's not legal for them to have that number. You can even vary your name slightly.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women