Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163030
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453278
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42388
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36786
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-30-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288
Default the Republicans Can't Help Themselves.. More Give aways to the Wealthy

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ins-2018-07-30

absurd. the Rich got a big break under Clinton, when the sale of Houses got a $500,000 per couple exemption, plus extremely lowered capital gains rates.. not enough.. Greed knows no boundaries.

the argument here is fallacious anyway. they ignore the fact that while these assets are growing in value, they are shielded from taxation.. if you want to take inflation into the equation, you should factor in the time value of money concept, and tax the growth in value annually.

why not focus on a sensible area for change.. like the $3,000 capital loss limits that haven't changed in decades? double that to $6,000.. nope, not good enough for the Republicans.. that change is a drop in the Ocean compared to the Treasury Rape they seek.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

The USA has the most progressive tax system in the developed world, more progressive than Sweden, France, Germany, etc. This is based on one or two studies by OECD economists, it’s not biased. A large part of the reason is that we don’t have a large regressive value added tax, like most countries.

The maximum capital gains tax in most countries is lower than the tax on ordinary income, for good reason. Lower taxes on capital gains encourage investment and efficient use of capital. Belgium and New Zealand have no capital gains tax. Higher capital gains tax rates can actually result in lower government revenues, because when the rate is too high, people will keep assets instead of selling them, so they won’t have to pay the tax.

Finally, inflation can result in people paying capital gains tax, even when they’ve lost money in real terms.

Charles Gibson asked candidate Obama if the capital gains tax should be raised even if it meant the government would receive less revenues. His said that may be justified because it makes the system fairer.

Why do a some (but not all) Democrats want to fuck the rich? Fuck the businesses? Instead of trying to reduce inequality by making the wealthy poorer, they should be trying to lift up the impoverished and the middle class.

Class warfare is a lot more fun though. And there’s nothing better than that self righteous feeling you get when you think you’re morally superior.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:50 AM   #3
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

The top 10% of earners in this country already pay 90% of the taxes collected. How much more do you want?
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:51 AM   #4
dilbert firestorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
The top 10% of earners in this country already pay 90% of the taxes collected. How much more do you want?

the bottom 43 percent need to pay their fair share!!! many don't pay any taxes, thus no skin in the game.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:53 AM   #5
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ins-2018-07-30

absurd. the Rich got a big break under Clinton, when the sale of Houses got a $500,000 per couple exemption, plus extremely lowered capital gains rates.. not enough.. Greed knows no boundaries.

the argument here is fallacious anyway. they ignore the fact that while these assets are growing in value, they are shielded from taxation.. if you want to take inflation into the equation, you should factor in the time value of money concept, and tax the growth in value annually.

why not focus on a sensible area for change.. like the $3,000 capital loss limits that haven't changed in decades? double that to $6,000.. nope, not good enough for the Republicans.. that change is a drop in the Ocean compared to the Treasury Rape they seek.
Let me guess - you lost a fortune and can only harvest 3000 per year?
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:54 AM   #6
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

So, BUTTPLUG, this is all about raising taxes on the people who don’t earn enough to collectively impact our deficit?

Makes perfect sense. Go where the money isn’t. That’s where you’ll find equity.

Brilliant.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #7
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
More.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #8
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Many think that those in the top 10% just lay around and collect checks from investments, trust funds, or some other form of income that requires no effort.

Many of that top 10% are small business owners who pay a lot of taxes on earned income. They work long hours. They are tired at the end of the day. They have responsibilities not only to a customer base, but also the people they employ.

Most politicians don't have a clue about how this group of people live.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:58 PM   #9
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
the bottom 43 percent need to pay their fair share!!! many don't pay any taxes, thus no skin in the game.

Hence my belief, if you subsist only because of welfare, you shouldn't vote.
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:32 PM   #10
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
Hence my belief, if you subsist only because of welfare, you shouldn't vote.
I have a step-daughter, single mother of a 17-year old at that time, who lost her job. While out of work she subsisted on an unemployment check and food stamps. Her ex had never given her child support.

So should she have been denied the right to vote while she was unemployed?
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:19 PM   #11
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I have a step-daughter, single mother of a 17-year old at that time, who lost her job. While out of work she subsisted on an unemployment check and food stamps. Her ex had never given her child support.

So should she have been denied the right to vote while she was unemployed?
Being on unemployment does not let you go free from paying taxes I know the few times I drew unemployment when I filed I had to clam that money I would say there is a big different between unemployment and welfare
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:19 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod511 View Post
Being on unemployment does not let you go free from paying taxes I know the few times I drew unemployment when I filed I had to clam that money I would say there is a big different between unemployment and welfare
Of course you would.

When it's someone else, it's welfare. When it's you, it's "insurance."
Old 07-31-2018, 03:29 PM   #13
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Of course you would.

When it's someone else, it's welfare. When it's you, it's "insurance."
get help assup you have TDS
I'm not the one who defined it as such dipshit! one is insurance which is paid by the company you last work for though the state, the other is for dead beats like yourself who live off the government tit
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:22 PM   #14
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

It's just a fact of life. Trump supporters are either really really wealthy or really really stupid. Let's here it from the wealthy lol
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:25 PM   #15
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmokies View Post
It's just a fact of life. Trump supporters are either really really wealthy or really really stupid. Let's here it from the wealthy lol

Did you pay taxes on the money you got for getting cocks rammed up your ass? lol

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women