Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
TexasCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Charities

Hello Everyone,

Just relocated to the area Saturday from Norfolk, Va, retired from the Navy early this week....There are many many individuals that are less forunate then others due to disabilities, the economy, hunger and for unforseen reasons that have really taken a toll on themselves and their families.

If you know and orgainazation that needs help will be glad to volunter finanically to the charity.

Thanks,

TexasCowboy
TexasCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

North Texas Food Bank is a great organization. I have volunteered several times at their facility...sorting food, helping make meals in the kitchen, etc. You can learn about them, find opprtunities to volunteer, and make donatins online at their website:

http://www.ntfb.org/?gclid=CIXBi9CIzLACFSdjTAodmUOtng
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
cubsoxbull
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Guys, both are great post, thanks for sharing and caring, and hopefully more people will get involved.
cubsoxbull is online now   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
billw1032
Premium Access

The last few years I've supported The Samaritan Inn in McKinney. Very worthwhile and they apparently have a good record of success.

http://www.thesamaritaninn.org/
billw1032 is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
TexasCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Juan Pablo de Marco, cubsoxbull, billw1032,

Fellows,

I will donate $50 to each of the charities that were mentioned here, there are many many individuals in life that need a helping hand....Will post the information from the dontations or send these in a PM to each of you this Friday after work.

Thanks,

TexasCowboy
TexasCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
Toasted
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Another candidatete is your local Salvation Army, they know how to streach dollars and are super efficient with their administrative costs and are community based. Whereas, the Red Cross pays their CEO one mil plus $ the Salvation Army has the highest pass thru efficient and pays their CEO 40K $.

Send your $$ and support to the organization that "best" supports your community. Thanks for the reminder, I need to start saving for the Christmas tree!
Toasted is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
scooterpie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

My favorite local charity is Cook Children's Medical Center. http://www.cookchildrens.org/Giving/Pages/default.aspx

Not necessarily local but a damn good charity is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. http://www.stjude.org/waystohelp

You can donate in many ways. My favorite is to set up a credit card to make monthly donations, as little as $20 or so, it's relatively painless...no muss, no fuss.

Both of these help sick children and their families, so you really can't go wrong there.
scooterpie is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post

Fellows,

I will donate $50 to each of the charities that were mentioned here, there are many many individuals in life that need a helping hand....Will post the information from the dontations or send these in a PM to each of you this Friday after work.

Thanks,

TexasCowboy
you're a good man sir. Norfolk eh? i was in classes at both NOB & NAB back in '89-'90. good times. still remember the bar right outside of the main gate on NOB...they had strippers at lunchtime. one of my instructors lived up in Gloucester and would bring fresh crab to the bar every week and we would have delicious crab cakes a day later.

i lived on Chick's Beach...fun fun fun.

but i applaud you in your efforts to get involved in any good cause.

JPdM
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
durango95
Account Disabled

Ranch Hand Rescue near Denton, just a great group that helps animals in need. This group mainly helps out with horses, mules, other herding animals. I have seen first hand what some people do to horses, its pretty bad. I dont see how anyone could abuse a horse, such great animals. This group needs help with a lot of things, and you can go and help out at their place, but they are very restrictive about what volunteers get to be around the horses. A horse is very different from a dog, a dog is a predator and a horse is a prey animal. An abused horse takes a long time to trust, and sometimes they never get over their fear. But help an animal, they need our assistance and the need has never been greater.
durango95 is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
cubsoxbull
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post

Fellows,

Thanks,

TexasCowboy
TexasCowboy, That is a very nice thing to do and I wish we had many more people like you. By the way, congrats on your retirement and enjoy !!!
cubsoxbull is online now   Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
Guest011613-2
Account Disabled

My two favorite charities.....

Children's Medical Center of Dallas. Like Cook in Fort Worth, it's entirely not for profit. No patient or their parent ever receives a bill from Children's, so donations cover the "gap" of the cost of care.
http://www.childrens.com/

Union Gospel Mission. I used to volunteer in college making sandwiches at this shelter and have tried to support it financially ever since.
http://ugmdallas.org/
Guest011613-2 is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Another candidatete is your local Salvation Army, they know how to streach dollars and are super efficient with their administrative costs and are community based. Whereas, the Red Cross pays their CEO one mil plus $ the Salvation Army has the highest pass thru efficient and pays their CEO 40K $.

Send your $$ and support to the organization that "best" supports your community. Thanks for the reminder, I need to start saving for the Christmas tree!

The Salvation Army will never get another dime of my money. Their stances on LGBT are offensive to me.

Please, by all means be charitable, just research who you are giving your money to.
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
Guest071613-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 20196
My ECCIE Reviews

The North Texas Food Bank is awesome, as well as the Missionaries of Charity (Mother Theresa nuns) out of Oak Cliff. They run a home for unwed mothers and everything is based solely on donations...from the electric bill and clothing, to the food the women eat in the home. Most of their food is donated from local grocery stores and it's pretty gross stuff LOL. Stale bread and donuts. It's an organization that is close to my heart, as I lived there for almost a year when I was 19, escaping a brutally violent relationship while pregnant.

Because it is *mostly* a home for pregnant women who have suffered domestic violence, it's not easy to contact them. They are very UTR, but I just did a google street view and the Sisters were totally in the picture LOL PM me if you decide to donate, and I can give you the pertinent info

**edit to add**
Genesis Women's Shelter and The Family Place. I wouldn't have survived without them, either.
Guest071613-2 is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

When working downtown in the early 90's, I learned about The Family Place. I have heard nothing but praises for their efforts to help women and children.

http://www.familyplace.org/ourservices/resale-shop is the link to their resale store.

Not only can you donate items to them along with cash of course, but buying from them helps support them.

They are a program for abused women to get out of the bad relationship and get back on their feet. (Something that is pretty relevant to some of the providers who pass through these walls)
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #15
yaddayadda
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

When I was an officer at the American Legion I was asked to find a worthy charity for our Super Bowl profits.....

Dannie is right, Genesis and Carrollton Womans Shelter are both local, low cost of operation and dedicated. We have donated to them for the last 10 years and they are providing a much needed service to the women of Dallas/FTW.
Local charities that don't have a budget to advertise are the best, plus you can see the good your doing.
yaddayadda is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women