Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48518
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42037
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default We've Come a Long Way From "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You"...........

The Presidents big Day. He turns it into another "panderfest".

I wish he would have at least had the good sense to say, at the end, "now, all of you out there that have jobs, don't give up, keep working, keep paying those taxes, because after all, somebody has to pay for all of this shit".
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Sounded pretty good to me!!

It is now our generation’s task to carry on what those pioneers began. For our journey is not complete until our wives, our mothers and daughters can earn a living equal to their efforts. Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well. Our journey is not complete until no citizen is forced to wait for hours to exercise the right to vote. Our journey is not complete until we find a better way to welcome the striving, hopeful immigrants who still see America as a land of opportunity until bright young students and engineers are enlisted in our workforce rather than expelled from our country. Our journey is not complete until all our children, from the streets of Detroit to the hills of Appalachia to the quiet lanes of Newtown, know that they are cared for and cherished and always safe from harm.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Bigger Government, more regulations, more debt, more spending..........nothing about making us more free...the speech was all about more government.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
timpage
Account Disabled

It was a terrific speech. Conservative columnist David Brooks called it the best inaugural speech in the last 50 years.

>>>>The best Inaugural Addresses make an argument for something. President Obama’s second one, which surely has to rank among the best of the past half-century, makes an argument for a pragmatic and patriotic progressivism.
Enlarge This Image

Josh Haner/The New York Times

David Brooks

Go to Columnist Page »

His critics have sometimes accused him of being an outsider, but Obama wove his vision from deep strands in the nation’s past. He told an American story that began with the Declaration and then touched upon the railroad legislation, the Progressive Era, the New Deal, the highway legislation, the Great Society, Seneca Falls, Selma and Stonewall.
Turning to the present, Obama argued that America has to change its approach if it wants to continue its progress. Modern problems like globalization, technological change, widening inequality and wage stagnation compel us to take new collective measures if we’re to pursue the old goals of equality and opportunity.
Obama wasn’t explicit about why we have failed to meet these challenges. But his critique was implicit. There has been too much “me” — too much individualism and narcissism, too much retreating into the private sphere. There hasn’t been enough “us,” not enough communal action for the common good.
The president then described some of the places where collective action is necessary: to address global warming, to fortify the middle class, to defend Medicare and Social Security, to guarantee equal pay for women and equal rights for gays and lesbians.
During his first term, Obama was inhibited by his desire to be postpartisan, by the need to not offend the Republicans with whom he was negotiating. Now he is liberated. Now he has picked a team and put his liberalism on full display. He argued for it in a way that was unapologetic. Those who agree, those who disagree and those of us who partly agree now have to raise our game. We have to engage his core narrative and his core arguments for a collective turn.
I am not a liberal like Obama, so I was struck by what he left out in his tour through American history. I, too, would celebrate Seneca Falls, Selma and Stonewall, but I’d also mention Wall Street, State Street, Menlo Park and Silicon Valley. I’d emphasize that America has prospered because we have a decentralizing genius.
When Europeans nationalized their religions, we decentralized and produced a great flowering of entrepreneurial denominations. When Europe organized state universities, our diverse communities organized private universities. When Europeans invested in national welfare states, American localities invested in human capital.
America’s greatest innovations and commercial blessings were unforeseen by those at the national headquarters. They emerged, bottom up, from tinkerers and business outsiders who could never have attracted the attention of a president or some public-private investment commission.
I would have been more respectful of this decentralizing genius than Obama was, more nervous about dismissing it for the sake of collective action, more concerned that centralization will lead to stultification, as it has in every other historic instance.
I also think Obama misunderstands this moment. The Progressive Era, New Deal and Great Society laws were enacted when America was still a young and growing nation. They were enacted in a nation that was vibrant, raw, underinstitutionalized and needed taming.
We are no longer that nation. We are now a mature nation with an aging population. Far from being underinstitutionalized, we are bogged down with a bloated political system, a tangled tax code, a byzantine legal code and a crushing debt.
The task of reinvigorating a mature nation is fundamentally different than the task of civilizing a young and boisterous one. It does require some collective action: investing in human capital. But, in other areas, it also involves stripping away — streamlining the special interest sinecures that have built up over the years and liberating private daring.
Reinvigorating a mature nation means using government to give people the tools to compete, but then opening up a wide field so they do so raucously and creatively. It means spending more here but deregulating more there. It means facing the fact that we do have to choose between the current benefits to seniors and investments in our future, and that to pretend we don’t face that choice, as Obama did, is effectively to sacrifice the future to the past.
Obama made his case beautifully. He came across as a prudent, nonpopulist progressive. But I’m not sure he rescrambled the debate. We still have one party that talks the language of government and one that talks the language of the market. We have no party that is comfortable with civil society, no party that understands the ways government and the market can both crush and nurture community, no party with new ideas about how these things might blend together.
But at least the debate is started. Maybe that new wind will come.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

If you read past the Brooks headline; he isn't so flattering of the Obama speech...

"
I would have been more respectful of this decentralizing genius than Obama was, more nervous about dismissing it for the sake of collective action, more concerned that centralization will lead to stultification, as it has in every other historic instance.

I also think Obama misunderstands this moment. The Progressive Era, New Deal and Great Society laws were enacted when America was still a young and growing nation. They were enacted in a nation that was vibrant, raw, under institutionalized and needed taming.
"
Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

But a critque more to the point is the observations of Ben Shaprio over at Breitbart........

"Ben Shapiro called yesterday’s inaugural address ‘Orweillian’, saying that it’s clear Obama hates the Constitution. He cited examples where Obama said he wants to adapt our founding principles for our changing needs and that ‘our founding creed doesn't dictate that we agree on what liberty constitutes’. Shaprio sharply disagreed and argued that Obama wants to render our founding documents meaningless in the name of big government progressivism."

http://www.therightscoop.com/ben-sha...-constitution/
Old 01-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

In summary Obama hates the founding principles and wants bigger government, more spending, less freedom for the individual.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

"our founding creed doesn't dictate that we agree on what liberty constitutes."

Barack Hussein Obama

??????????????????

Sounds like a lawyer who is looking to turn the constitution inside out; and that can't be good for individual freedom and liberty.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
"our founding creed doesn't dictate that we agree on what liberty constitutes."

Barack Hussein Obama

??????????????????

Sounds like a lawyer who is looking to turn the constitution inside out; and that can't be good for individual freedom and liberty.
Only a numbnut like you, who wants to dictate "what liberty constitutes" (what you agree with) could say that is an incorrect statement.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #10
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
If you read past the Brooks headline; he isn't so flattering of the Obama speech...

"

I also think Obama misunderstands this moment. The Progressive Era, New Deal and Great Society laws were enacted when America was still a young and growing nation. They were enacted in a nation that was vibrant, raw, under institutionalized and needed taming.
"
I read every word of it. He called it the best inaugural speech of the last half century. And the portions you quote seem only mildly critical of Obama to me. Maybe you're the one who didn't read it.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
But a critque more to the point is the observations of Ben Shaprio over at Breitbart........

"Ben Shapiro called yesterday’s inaugural address ‘Orweillian’, saying that it’s clear Obama hates the Constitution. He cited examples where Obama said he wants to adapt our founding principles for our changing needs and that ‘our founding creed doesn't dictate that we agree on what liberty constitutes’. Shaprio sharply disagreed and argued that Obama wants to render our founding documents meaningless in the name of big government progressivism."

Anyone who takes bretfasrt over David Brooks is wanting dioshit of the month award.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I see you don't refute that the speech was about more government, more spending, more debt, less freedom, less liberty.......
Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I am tired of all the BS he keeps shoveling so that he looks rational. I want him to start backing up what he says with action. Such as balanced approach to fixing the deficit or open government with cameras.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
I am tired of all the BS he keeps shoveling so that he looks rational. I want him to start backing up what he says with action. Such as balanced approach to fixing the deficit or open government with cameras.
Laz, The President has no balanced approach to fixing anything, because in order to make things work, he has to abandon the very people who put him in office.

President Obama is no fool, he knows that the very people that he lambasted during tha campain are the very people who really make this Country work.

He does not want to be the next Jimmy Carter. He would much rather be a Democrat Ronald Reagan. In order to be that, sooner or later he will have to abandon all of the political tripe that, while is good for winning elections, is disastrous when actually trying to govern.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:

Y'all need to get used to the idea -- we won, y'all lost. If Obama will grow a pair -- which I sincerely doubt -- he can spend the next four years beating the Republicans like rented mules. They will instinctively flee to the right further alienating themselves from the public. I doubt he has the spine to do it, but his speech suggest he at least understands the concept.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women