Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60642
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48582
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42256
CryptKicker37200
The_Waco_Kid36644
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 08-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default Be hold the pale horse & the king makers

I thought hay lets step out the box & think what are things going to be like in 20 years will there be a new world order. Will the free masons or the illunmanate or any of the other groups of king makers finally just make one goverment. Is not some aspect of this in the bible. What say you.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Omahan
Secretary of State

No, I'm pretty sure there's nothing like that in the Bible.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Future

The world ends in 2012 so it's over before then.

It's ok to laugh at that right? OMG what have I done!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

big O while your right most of the time I think if we look at revelations then you might think otherwise
Old 08-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
Omahan
Secretary of State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaper2buyit View Post
big O while your right most of the time I think if we look at revelations then you might think otherwise
Well the pale horse is in Revelation but I find no mention of the masons or illuminati. Rev. talks about the final war. An army led by Bagdad attacks Jerusalem and is defeated by the beast with ten heads and ten crowns which is believed by many to be Europe. Then an army of 300 million attacks from China at which point Christ returns and ends the war. Do you think one of them is the masons or did I miss something?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Apocalyptic literature, such as Revelation, is structured to paint a picture, not tell a story. The picture is the timeless message of the triumph of good over evil. It gave hope to the early Christians that their faith was not in vain, and that despite their suffering, God still loved them, and had not forgotten them.

Trying to take the book literally does a disservice to the literature, clouds the essential message, and can lead to bizarre conclusions.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Revelation of John

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Apocalyptic literature, such as Revelation, is structured to paint a picture, not tell a story. The picture is the timeless message of the triumph of good over evil. It gave hope to the early Christians that their faith was not in vain, and that despite their suffering, God still loved them, and had not forgotten them.

Trying to take the book literally does a disservice to the literature, clouds the essential message, and can lead to bizarre conclusions.
Well, you really got that right. Only one thing left out. The people of the time this was written - and until much later in history- did not have the same view of time that we have. Much of the ancient writings can be viewed as not a straight line of telling the story; but, as a circular story line, or as the jelly roll method of telling a story. They tell it over and over and over again, coming back to the same point again and again with different ways of saying the same thing. That is why Revelation is so confusing to the modern mind. The same thing is being repeated in a slightly different way.

At least that is what some people think. As for me, it is OK to admit that for some things, we just don't know for sure. After all, ignorance is not the same thing as stupid.

JR
Old 08-25-2010, 04:47 AM   #8
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
Well, you really got that right. Only one thing left out. The people of the time this was written - and until much later in history- did not have the same view of time that we have. Much of the ancient writings can be viewed as not a straight line of telling the story; but, as a circular story line, or as the jelly roll method of telling a story. They tell it over and over and over again, coming back to the same point again and again with different ways of saying the same thing. That is why Revelation is so confusing to the modern mind. The same thing is being repeated in a slightly different way.

At least that is what some people think. As for me, it is OK to admit that for some things, we just don't know for sure. After all, ignorance is not the same thing as stupid.

JR
SO god is a jelly roll????? just playin
Old 08-25-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Apocalypse

DD stay low and avoid the lightning bolts!

Blasphemer!

Ye shall suffer
Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #10
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

I hate trying to come to precise conclusions from the bible...because it wasn't written in English...and many words do not have a direct translation.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #11
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrew_2000 View Post
I hate trying to come to precise conclusions from the bible...because it wasn't written in English...and many words do not have a direct translation.
Yeah but sure does make for some good movies. ....
Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
BottomlessFilth
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7206

Quote:
Great reply! Yes, you are very correct that the Bible is extremely hard to translate. Makes things hard for us to know what was intended as literal or figuratively to show a lesson. As well as are we even translating it properly matching word for word. Even the highest of scholars will tell you they have serious problems trying to decipher what is being translated correctly.
______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________

On another note...Cheaper....

I love the title of your post. I suspect you have been reading a book titled Behold A Pale Horse by William Cooper. If not, you might want to pick it up, and give it a whirl.

Also if you are so inclined to reading the Bible, then another book in the Bible you might want to check out is Daniel.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #13
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
And it's a wonderful work of fiction. There's more sex, murder, violence, repression and terror than can be found in the best romance novels or Congressional legislation.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
Miss_Mya
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 23781
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottomlessFilth View Post
Great reply! Yes, you are very correct that the Bible is extremely hard to translate. Makes things hard for us to know what was intended as literal or figuratively to show a lesson.
I have to agree with your point on this. I do not believe that there are many parts of the bible that is to be taken literally. There are just to many contradictions in the bible and the fact the most of the stories or so outrageous that I do not think that even Superman could have done them.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
BiggestBest
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Suffice it to say that there are many views on the Bible and God.

Here's mine:

I have yet to find an unresolved contradiction.

When I've looked into the apparent contradictions it turns out that God was probably being very precise. The "contradiction" served to eliminate almost all options except the truth that fit in the middle.

It is convenient to claim contradictions or translation errors or works of fiction or whatever to let me justify ignoring the whole thing. That way, I can continue to do whatever I please. But the Bible is not as easily dismissed as some "scholars" would like you to believe.

YMMV.

Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women