Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60660
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48591
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42308
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36735
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Meerschaum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18
Cool Dressing age appropriate for guys.

I saw this thread for ladies started by Nina Sastri and it got me thinking. I am approaching 40 and am starting to wonder about what is or is not appropriate to wear. I realize I am approaching a time when it is only appropriate to wear sports jerseys to sporting events. I unfortunately like the Affliction type T shirts, and I still really enjoy wearing cargo shorts and a baseball cap. It is fairly simple as a guy to dress for work, but it is not so easy for social functions. How does one avoid douchebaggery in dressing while still giving the appearance of a man with style? Ladies, your input would be greatly appreciated.
Meerschaum is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Bigh1955
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Meerschaum, since your from Dallas I suspect there's darn few places you wouldn't fit in wearing decent jeans and boots. Avoid shopping for your shirts at Walmart and you're good to go! LOL
Bigh1955 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
Ms. Athena
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 78702
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Cargo shorts and flip flop are perfect for the pool or watching football at home. But guys take the extra few minutes before coming out into the world and think about us ladies....We do so enjoy looking at a nice dressed man, whether it be while eating wings at Hooters, shopping at the mall or walking into my Incall. Be comfy but have a lil style as well......A pair of jeans paired with a pull over is always a winner in my book. Then once the door is closed......Just get naked and Im happy.....YUM!!
Ms. Athena is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
GBN94
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerschaum View Post
I unfortunately like the Affliction type T shirts....... How does one avoid douchebaggery in dressing

since apparently you're drawn to looking like one you should just hire a stylist

your problem seems to be less about age appropriateness and more about a lack of fashion sense or refinement
GBN94 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.kinowear.com/blog/15-quic...n-tips-for-men

http://www.express.com/mens/index.se...FQqR7QodRwoAKA

http://everyguyed.com/

http://www.mensfitclub.com/age-appro...tire-for-guys/

I love a man dressed neatly.........silk dress shirt/silk slacks/loafers and a smile!
Or rugged look---washed jeans/silky colored tshirt/biker boots and a smile!

I especially love a man that is NEKKID...with a smile! lol
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I took my grand kids to the waterpark a few weeks ago. My 15 yr old granddaughter noticed that my swim trunks were speedo brand and had a blast telling her friends that I was running around in a speedo.
Dawgs is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post

I love a man dressed neatly.........silk dress shirt/silk slacks/loafers and a smile!
Silk trousers and a silk shirt??!!!! You'd look like a refugee from Saturday Night Fever. I've never even seen silk pants. And silk is very warm.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

lol---oops ,I meant those nice dress slacks they sell at Macys............Ralph Lauren
Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

At my age, I can't wear a ball cap backwards. I can't bring off the sockless shoes with cargo shorts look either. Here in Houston, a good non-business look for me seems to be casual slacks with a golf shirt. I buy Izod or other name brand when thay are on sale. For a little more dressed up look I throw on am sport coat. Don't usually wear a jacket with button down shirt and tie, but if its right for the event/venue I'll do it. Whats the big deal?
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
BlackKnight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Obviously You Can't Tell The Difference Between Silk and Polyester...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Silk trousers and a silk shirt??!!!! You'd look like a refugee from Saturday Night Fever. I've never even seen silk pants. And silk is very warm.
Ever been to a Tommy Bahama store?

Didn't think so.....

You don't have to spend alot to look good. Like was said earlier...just stay away from Walmart, Kmart, JCP, Sears......

Try going to a Nordstroms. Believe it or not, they have personal shoppers there who will help you dress age appropriate. If not there, then buy some magazines. Walk thru the malls. Look at the displays. It's not rocket science.

Buy some good (and I mean good shoes). Wear a nice watch.

If that's too hard....Khakis and a golf shirt.
BlackKnight is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I like Tommy Bahama clothing!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #12
JDNorthface
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Silk trousers and a silk shirt??!!!! You'd look like a refugee from Saturday Night Fever. I've never even seen silk pants that I couldn't sleep in!
+1. Fixed it for you.
JDNorthface is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #13
AnnelieseBell
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 150209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerschaum View Post
I saw this thread for ladies started by Nina Sastri and it got me thinking. I am approaching 40 and am starting to wonder about what is or is not appropriate to wear. I realize I am approaching a time when it is only appropriate to wear sports jerseys to sporting events. I unfortunately like the Affliction type T shirts, and I still really enjoy wearing cargo shorts and a baseball cap. It is fairly simple as a guy to dress for work, but it is not so easy for social functions. How does one avoid douchebaggery in dressing while still giving the appearance of a man with style? Ladies, your input would be greatly appreciated.
Oh. I hope I don't hurt your feelings when I say this because I am only giving one woman's opinion. When I saw the title of this thread the first thing I thought was "as long as a man isn't wearing Affliction shirts over 30 he probably looks fine".
It may just be an association I have with the brand, but I lived in LA for a while and it seemed like the obsession with youth out there was rampant among men too and I saw so many guys getting botox & lip injections, spray tanning, wearing Affliction tees & True Religion jeans, and generally trying to fool people into thinking they were still in their 20s when they were clearly in their 40s & 50s.

I have no idea how other women feel about this, but when i think of a mature man I just think of someone who looks well groomed, like he's responsible enough to take care of himself, and not too trendy. I think jeans and a tee shirt can be attractive on a man of any age as long as it fits well, but if you aren't being paid to model the brand you don't need to wear it all over your clothes.

A man with style, well that depends on your style. Are you a "what would James Bond wear?" kind of guy? Or are you looking for something more low key? I think the ladies decided that dressing age appropriate for ourselves means wearing whatever you want as long as you have figured out what is flattering to your body type. If you are the kind of guy who likes to hang out with friends in the backyard and BBQ then flip flops and a hat are appropriate for your lifestyle. I would probably prefer to see a man in regular chino pants and a solid colored tee shirt than cargos and affliction, but that is because I prefer simplicity in everything.

Buy what you like, just make sure it fits well, and that means you should be able to see the lines of your body. Even if you don't like the lines of your body, wearing baggy clothes that aren't the correct size just makes a person look frumpy and disorganized. Oh yes, I have noticed that men tend to keep their hats too long. Hats absorb sweat the whole time you wear them, and after a little while they start getting really gross. If you are going to wear hats, make sure they are clean and fairly new.
AnnelieseBell is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
add197531
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

I use J Hilburn. www.jhilburn.com
They will send someone to meet you you pick the fabrics and the build the shirt custom. Its fantastic and not that expensive. Then the shirt fits perfectly in every way. Also you can order one at a time.
add197531 is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
isikhwimmins
Looking for my ATF

Encounters: 4

I have no style. Some of us don't. I'm working hard on losing weight, but I still overheat really quickly (the doctors still can't tell me why) so I do shorts and loose shirts. And that's the way I've been, even when I was in great shape.
isikhwimmins is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women