Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60547
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42050
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47
Default Texas - We know how to deal with shooting attacks

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....61af6ea4.html

Unlike other states where folks can't carry and USE their damn guns, the police in McKinney apparently reacted swiftly. They haven't officially released how the shooter died, he may have offed himself, but chances are, you open fire near a police station in Texas you most likely aren't gonna make it to trial, let alone need to worry about those Miranda Rights.

Hopefully no one has kids going to that nearby campus but if you do, get them a going back to school CHL license and a nice Glock or Sig or H&K.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
b2flyer51
Account Disabled

Default Huh?

And you're connecting CHL (which I have) and civilians with the response of the McKinney PD how?

Weak logic . . .

Flyer
b2flyer51 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Guest082216-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

"Officers returned fire, and the shooter was killed 50 to 200 yards south of the police station. It was unclear whether he was shot by police or died from a self-inflicted wound."

Civs had nothing to do with it.
Guest082216-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

"Unlike other states where folks can't carry and USE their damn guns, the police in McKinney apparently reacted swiftly."

Your point is that it's good that 'folks' like that nutjob "can carry and USE their damn guns in Texas??"

I'm not aware of any states in which 'cops' don't carry guns and don't use them when being shot at. I'm also not aware of many states in which it's easier for these nutjobs to get and carry guns than it is in Texas.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
Joe Smith
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife View Post
"Unlike other states where folks can't carry and USE their damn guns, the police in McKinney apparently reacted swiftly."

Your point is that it's good that 'folks' like that nutjob "can carry and USE their damn guns in Texas??"

I'm not aware of any states in which 'cops' don't carry guns and don't use them when being shot at. I'm also not aware of many states in which it's easier for these nutjobs to get and carry guns than it is in Texas.
Well said L4L. I'm convinced by LL's many postings about guns, that he thinks we live in the Wild Wild West. Lazarus, if you want to stock up your house with enough weapons to protect the Alamo, then go right ahead. Fortunately, you'll in all likelihood be well prepared for a battle that will never occur.....And great idea about giving kids a deadly weapon because kids are known for being reasonable, careful, logical and responsible. Giving them a glock sounds like a great idea.

I think it's one thing to be safe, but it's another thing to be overly paranoid. Having said that, I take the rifle in my avatar everywhere with me. You would not believe the funny looks I get at the grocery store.
Joe Smith is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

1. Virginia Tech. Shooter killed how many unarmed classmates and teachers because they were prohibited from carrying their own weapons for self defense.

2. Let's not forget Luby's near Waco where over a dozen were killed because back then it wasn't allowed to carry a gun for self protection.

3. My point is not that anyone needs to stock up on enough weapons to defend the Alamo (although given the influx of the MS13 gangs throughout a large part of the state it might not be a bad idea to have a few rounds at the ready at home), but rather that anyone who loves their life must at all times be prepared to defend it and not rely on trying to call 9-1-1.

Can you imagine how you would feel if your wife or kid had to stop by the police station for some reason the morning this attack happened and this nut case started shooting at her, your kids or yourself?

How foolish would you feel if you were pinned down by some guy looking for suicide by cop and headlines while your family is picked off one by one like at Luby's?

At least Collin County won't have to hold this one in jail for years, waste money figuring out if he was nuts or not and then the cost of trial and jail time.

Good riddance to this one.

Oh, forgot about your comment about kids and guns.

Ever really think that the incident of Texas youth hunters who have been trained and raised in complete understanding of not just the power, but also the danger involved in weapons of any kind are actually the least likely to murder others?

Although I can't find stats yet, if you can show me the last experienced youthful hunter who went on a rampage and shooting spree?

Educating kids from a young age on how to use weapons is the best defense a parent can do to help make sure your kids is not a victim of a violent crime rather than the old stick your head in the sand and decry that all guns are bad and that the mere thought of a kid with a weapon is a disaster in the making.

Criminals don't care how many laws they are breaking when it comes to where they take the guns when they go on a crime or murder spree.

Period.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I know I'd feel a lot better if nobody had any hand guns, including the police. They anybody with a gun (other than a shot gun or a hunting rifle -- and those should be carefully monitored) would be a criminal. Period.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
OtrTim
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Garla...100929829.html guns wow
OtrTim is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #9
Joe Smith
Account Disabled

Funny reasoning Lazurus. How often do those tragic events that you cited above actually occur? Do you think Columbine happens every other week too? Guys with your reasoning are why it's so easy for these fucking nut jobs to get guns in the 1st place.

And just FYI, most people could give a damn about hunting. So why would they have their kids doing it? Oh nevermind, because that means their kids will be good with firearms and will not go on a shooting spree. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. That explains the mental breakdown that's these killers go through before they kill innocent people. If they would have learned to hunt at a young age and learned the dangers of firearms, they would have been normal...I think a better idea is to do your best and make sure you don't have a kid with low self esteem, mental issues and to address them if they do and ultimately make sure that they are well adjusted for society by the time they become an adult, but you can send your kid to learn the dangers of firearms at a young age if you think that works.

Do you drive a car? If so, your chances of getting killed driving is a hell of a lot more likely than the extreme examples you cited above so if you have real safety concerns, I highly suggest you purchase the batmobile and not worry about guns.
Joe Smith is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #10
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

It was simply a case of "Suicide by cop", in my opinion.

What struck me funny in the article was this statement.
Quote:
"He was a pretty quiet guy," said Zeppy Benavides, who lives next door.
It is always the quite guys. It is never the outgoing social type guy who has a lot of friends and acquaintances. I have noticef lately that many of these types do connect in one way now. Technology has allowed them to be bloggers, but that seems to be one of their few social connections, because it is generally "safe" and "anonymous".
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #11
b2flyer51
Account Disabled

Default One example (this is so easy)

Maybe Lazarus is new to Texas but this is an easy one:

First Class Boy Scout Charles Joseph Whitman

There are many more that will fill out the "stats" but it's just too easy -- I'm done.

Flyer
b2flyer51 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

A 38 Caliber Circumcision

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1071724/
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #13
mr. haney
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Officers returned fire, and the shooter was killed 50 to 200 yards south of the police station. It was unclear whether he was shot by police or died from a self-inflicted wound."
It's obvious it was a suicide, not many people are accurate @ 200 yards with a handgun,
including police oficers
mr. haney is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
CoHorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

LL, I have a CHL as well, but you know as well as I do that it's illegal to have a gun at school (even college campus'). You can't keep it in your car, you can't carry it on a school campus. So your school reference is totally moot. I work in a hospital in a shitty part of town and I would love to carry there too. But guess what, it's illegal to carry in a hospital too. Just because civilians can carry, doesn't mean they can carry anywhere they want.

As for the McKinney police...I'm glad that nobody else got hurt and I agree that they did a good job. It's a damn shame the world is the way it is.
CoHorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Some more input. But first, full disclosure: I grew up with guns in the country and there is nothing sweeter to me than the smell of a discharged weapon. I frequent the bullet trap in Plano and I'll bet I can out shoot most of the gun nerds on here. So my post is not a hate post or a criticism post, it's a discussion post. Please try to take it that way and respond that way.

Regarding the McKinney incident, I'm glad the guy is dead. I don't care if the cops took him out (high fives if they did) or if he did himself in, we're better off without him. I'm no bleeding-heart liberal (but I'm no shit-for-brains republican either).

LL - your examples of tragedies are all instances of nutjobs who should never have been able to acquire guns of any kind. The root of the problem is not that the victims were unarmed, but that the nutjobs were so easily able to arm themselves and acquire ammunition. That's what the people who grow up around here don't comprehend. You all feel the need to arm yourselves because weapons are available to all, and the nutjobs are the first to take advantage of that. However, the rest of the world has shown us – with hard data – that fewer people die if guns are restricted. Period. This is *fact*, it's not a debate.

The constitutional right for Americans to bear arms was not put in place so that we could shoot each other, it was put in place so that the people could not be suppressed by the government. I've got news for you people, no matter how much of a gun nerd you are, if Palin is elected and decides to suppress you (she's the only lunatic on the horizon who might try), your stash of concealed handguns and hunting rifles is not going to slow things down.

The UK is a great example for me. The people are generally unarmed and as a result gun-related crimes are much rarer than here. Hunters and target shooters are still able to function provided they pass the background checks. The cops carry clubs and pepper spray and, for the most part they're winning. BUT, when a situation is serious, the cops have easy access to SHOTGUNS and *MACHINE GUNS*!!! Awesome.

We don't need to have guns on our person and in our homes. Let's not be the last country in the world to realize this. It's embarrassing.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women