Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35879
Mojojo33117

Old 11-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default Airport Security Debacle

So, what do you all think of the fuss about the latest airport security measures using X-ray cameras and more thorough pat-downs?

I fly a lot, so I'm all for tighter security. Some are arguing that it isn't effective, and to them I'll respond that it may not be as effective as we'd like, but we know it's a lot more effective than not doing it, which is what matters.

When you read through the arguments from those who are complaining, substitute 'smoking ban' for 'security measures' and you quickly see that it's the same whining, same arguments, different topic.

Nobody is losing any personal freedoms because we all maintain our rights to not fly and therefore to not be subject to the security measures. However, all of us who do choose to fly are now a little bit safer.

Just like we can all decide to boycott cities and bars that ban smoking. But those who choose to patronize those cities and bars are less exposed to a health risk.

Just my opinion.

Thoughts? Anybody had a good/bad experience yet?
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

I think for those that are experienced travellers this will not be an issue. We know how to pack light, etc. so as to not run into these issues. For those who fly once or twice a year they just think about how much shit they will need on the other side and don't consider the hassles of getting there.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Yes, I think this is a much bigger deal for infrequent travelers who aren't as familiar with the process. I've been experiencing 'erotic' pat-downs by female security personnel at Heathrow in London for years. We're still newbies here when it comes to dealing with terrorist threats.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/...land-boobs.jpg
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I haven't been flying internationally but I've done a bit of flying the past couple of months. I haven't noticed a difference. I do see a lot of pointing and discussion when my luggage goes through the xray machine, but what I travel with is always an entertainment for most.

Yesterday, while flying back from Chicago, there were a lot of families on a Saturday, which I'm not used to. For whatever reason, the line went slower and I don't believe it was because of the families. Officials seemed to be more on alert. Could have been my imagination.

I need to check into the sandbox section more often!!!

Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
tsrv4me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

This is an excellent idea. It handles the problem perfectly.

Gotta love the common sense factor in this...

Airport Security Solution

Here's the solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the Airports:

Have a booth that you can step into that will not x-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on your body. It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial.

Justice would be quick and swift.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now. You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion.

Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers. We now have a seat available on flight number 4665 .....
Paging maintenance.
Shop Vac needed in booth number 4."

tsrv4me is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #7
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

The Chertoff Connection: Body Scanners are About Profits... Not Protection:

http://blog.buzzflash.com/node/11972

JPdM
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
mansfield
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Yeah screw that whole 4th Amendment thing, it was just getting in the way.
mansfield is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
huskerdude
Premium Access

Encounters: 142

I got body seached in Vegas this last week and it was only upper body pat down, no big deal!
huskerdude is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
texasjohn1965
manposse

Encounters: 4

What happens when a terrorist transports chemical explosives/poisons up their ass?

That is the next logical step for them, since that is the only place we dont look.

Get ready for a cavity search.
texasjohn1965 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Don't blame the TSA, blame the terrorists.

Yes, a child, a disabled person, or an old person could be carrying something dangerous, with or without their knowledge. If they're getting on my flight, I want them screened.

Yes, pilots and flight crews are susceptible to bribes, extortion, and human failings just like the rest of us. If they're getting into the airport secure zones, I want them screened.

Yes, YOU can choose an alternate form of transportation if you're not comfortable with the rules. This is an OPT IN process because you want to fly, so stop with the BS about constitutional rights. This screening is something that you CHOOSE! You aren't eligible for it unless you choose to buy a ticket, and you know the terms and conditions for flying before you purchase.

WE frequent fliers understand that this is not a perfect solution. We understand that some companies are profiting because of the usual government contract bullshit. BUT it's BETTER THAN NOT HAVING IT. If you don't like it, suggest something better, don't just bitch about it. The security is needed, unfortunately.

In Israel, they interview you for 1-3 hours. Would you prefer that?

In London, cops stand behind the ticket agents at high-risk airlines with machine guns.

Brace yourselves... we still have it very easy here.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #12
Fort Worth Punk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Anyone who thinks this makes us safer is being foolish. Al Queda has basically said their entire goal has been to make people miserable and force the west to spend as much money as possible in the name of "security". Yet 9/11 could easily happen today, and I could tell you right now how to get an explosive on a plane and detonate it. On top of that, someone looking to kill passengers could kill more in a terminal than they'd ever get on a plane.

This is what happens when people insist the government "do something", and when you give government officials a virtual blank check to spend and do whatever they can imagine. Just because something might happen doesn't mean we need to do everything possible to stop it.
Fort Worth Punk is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
mansfield
Valued Poster

Quote:
Don't blame the TSA, blame the terrorists.
Doing all this over the top stuff is our fault, not the terrorists. It's an ineffective solution that does nothing but make the cattle feel safe.

We have here a search without a warrant before engaging in a perfectly legal activity and most people think that's a fair trade?

That's insane. And we're insane for allowing it. Would you stand for this same kind of search before being allowed to go into a mall?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktrager View Post
Anyone who thinks this makes us safer is being foolish. Al Queda has basically said their entire goal has been to make people miserable and force the west to spend as much money as possible in the name of "security". Yet 9/11 could easily happen today, and I could tell you right now how to get an explosive on a plane and detonate it. On top of that, someone looking to kill passengers could kill more in a terminal than they'd ever get on a plane.

This is what happens when people insist the government "do something", and when you give government officials a virtual blank check to spend and do whatever they can imagine. Just because something might happen doesn't mean we need to do everything possible to stop it.
Sorry, you are wrong. Anyone who thinks this makes us 'safe' is being foolish, but anyone who thinks this doesn't make us 'safer' is being just as foolish.

I can point to a number of near-misses that the latest measures would have prevented, that's why I say you are wrong. We aren't 'safe', but we are definitely 'safer'.

Instead of the political BS, if you have a better idea, let's hear it. What would you do that would be better? I don't care if the TSA can see an outline of little L4L if it makes me safER, but then again, I didn't give a shit about Janet Jackson's pasties during the SuperBowl either.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #15
mansfield
Valued Poster

Quote:
Instead of the political BS, if you have a better idea, let's hear it. What would you do that would be better?
How about secure the borders and deport people in massive numbers, while profiling any non citizens to the extreme?

Oh no, can't do that, might hurt someone's feelings.

Instead let's treat a 78 year old grandmother from Iowa the same as 3 guys carrying Korans and no luggage with one way tickets and here on a student Visa.

Yeah that will work.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women