Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 269
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70555
biomed161643
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48072
pyramider46370
bambino40839
CryptKicker37141
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Has anyone tried bulletproof coffee?

For the past several days, I've been reading health and weight loss blogs and trying to figure out a way to get my energy level up and working better.

I ran across this one blog, bulletproofexec.com, that discusses the features of this type of coffee that is made with unsalted butter, coconut oil and a high grade of coffee (if you just glance at the blog, you'll see what I mean by that). And it makes some pretty wild assurances about the positive effects of this drink.

Well, this type of coffee has been around for a long time but I've just heard of it.

Sounds promising. And interesting.

But butter in coffee? Gads.

Has anyone tried this? I've read reviews, looked on Amazon, and there is a bit of a cost factor to get the ingredients to try this.

Found one place that supposedly sells cups of this coffee in Dallas. But figured that a bunch of people on this site could have tried it, first, and have an opinion (or three!) to share.

Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:14 PM   #2
aRandyOne
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

I had ghee in tea in Thailand and gagged. Probably the same reaction to this brew.
aRandyOne is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
Hélène Stone
Legs for Days

User ID: 252683
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Elizabeth,

I have tried it, and I rather enjoy it. Be sure to use Kerrygold or another similar Irish butter for a better flavour, and do mix it with an immersion/emulsifying blender (a hand blender works best, in my opinion). I used to drink a cup every morning before work, back in my days of long, exhausting work hours. It would keep me satiated until about 2:00pm and I could get by on a very light lunch.

I really need to start drinking it again. I've been far too Starbucks dependent lately, and all that extra sugar is going straight to my butt.
Hélène Stone is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks, Helene.

I had read that using butter made from grass fed cows was the best, hence Kerrygold is good because we can find it in most grocery stores.

Did you use regular coconut oil, or that special stuff that is sold for this coffee, a "high octane" type of supplement?

When I was reading reviews on this coffee, on Amazon, most were saying that they expected it to taste bad but were surprised at how well it tasted.

So I was curious.

Thanks for the input!!!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Old 01-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #5
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRandyOne View Post
I had ghee in tea in Thailand and gagged. Probably the same reaction to this brew.
Thinking about it made me think of gagging, too! Is that a popular drink in Thailand??? (It's my dream to go there in March. Doubtful it'll happen, though.)

EW
Old 01-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #6
Hélène Stone
Legs for Days

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

In my opinion, the MTC oil is a bit of a ripoff. I have tried it like that before, but noticed no improvement in flavor or satiation.

I actually prefer the texture of the buttered coffee, to be honest. It makes the coffee seem more like a dessert (I'd add sugar-free caramel syrup and the tiniest dash of salt to the concoction). It's so creamy and rich, though I'd imagine it may take someone a bit of getting used to if you're not prepared for it.

I wouldn't suggest getting store-bought bulletproof coffee as your first foray. You have no control over the proportions of the mixture. Some prefer more or less butter than others.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

When I was searching around for more information about bulletproof coffee on the internet last night, I found one place that might sell it, per cup.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/restau...dallas-7027104

I haven't called Green Grocers to double check but that might be an idea, though, to just try a cup.

I'm not willing to purchase the "kit" of bulletproof coffee, with everything included, because the price is just so very expensive but also, I'm not sure that I'll like it (might be similar to aRandy with my response to it!) and again, it seems stupidly expensive.

I figure, like you've suggested Helene, that it would be best to just make it myself.

Need to get a blender of some sort, now, I guess.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Old 01-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #8
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Advocare spark. Good stuff
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #9
Hélène Stone
Legs for Days

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Oh, the special coffee is also a bit of a ripoff. Just use your typical coffee blend. What gives you the satisfying sensation is the fat in the butter. The brand of the coffee brewed is irrelevant.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #10
Sweed McCoy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

Love it. You can get the butter at Costco. Helen is correct is what she says above. Some people use coconut oil instead of the mtc oil, but i do not like the taste with coconut oil.
Sweed McCoy is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:17 PM   #11
CaptainWinky
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 10

I make it with MCT oil, which is reccomended over coconut oil. I order it off of Amazon. I've never made it with the brand name stuff that the inventor sells, too expensive. Plus, I've read in plenty of places that regular old coffee works just fine. Do use Kerrygold butter though, that is important. I've heard that people benefit from it even with coconut oil though, so use that if it's all you have, although I do hear that it leaves a more greasy texture. Definitely has an appetite suppressant factor to it, and gives me a good buzz, however idk if it helps me more because I stay very low carb/sugar.

Oh and honestly I didn't really like the taste of it at all at first, it's kind of weird. But it's grown on me, maybe cuz I crave the feeling it gives me. I started adding torani sugar free vanilla syrup to it and some stevia and that helps.
CaptainWinky is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #12
SomethingOnTheSide
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWinky View Post
I make it with MCT oil, which is reccomended over coconut oil. I order it off of Amazon. I've never made it with the brand name stuff that the inventor sells, too expensive. Plus, I've read in plenty of places that regular old coffee works just fine. Do use Kerrygold butter though, that is important. I've heard that people benefit from it even with coconut oil though, so use that if it's all you have, although I do hear that it leaves a more greasy texture. Definitely has an appetite suppressant factor to it, and gives me a good buzz, however idk if it helps me more because I stay very low carb/sugar.
Agree with Captain Winky.

Ihave used both MCT and KerryGold. It is an acquired taste. i don't blend mine. Too much trouble.

Go easy with the MCT as too much, too soon, can upset your stomach.

I wouldn't pay BulletProof Exec's premium price.
SomethingOnTheSide is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #13
Hobby Jon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Ironic I just watched this and was wondering about the coffee and Modafinil.

https://youtu.be/mSOIZvSKEgI

May have to get me some of both
Hobby Jon is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #14
Generic White Guy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Too late for Green Grocer... They closed on Monday, January 18th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
When I was searching around for more information about bulletproof coffee on the internet last night, I found one place that might sell it, per cup.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/restau...dallas-7027104

I haven't called Green Grocers to double check but that might be an idea, though, to just try a cup.

I'm not willing to purchase the "kit" of bulletproof coffee, with everything included, because the price is just so very expensive but also, I'm not sure that I'll like it (might be similar to aRandy with my response to it!) and again, it seems stupidly expensive.

I figure, like you've suggested Helene, that it would be best to just make it myself.

Need to get a blender of some sort, now, I guess.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Generic White Guy is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:34 PM   #15
Generic White Guy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Coconut Oil has amazing health benefits...

http://authoritynutrition.com/top-10...f-coconut-oil/
Generic White Guy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women