Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 270
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70555
biomed161643
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48072
pyramider46370
bambino40839
CryptKicker37141
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-30-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
charlotteblue
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 195005
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Making a Murderer

Anyone watch it?
charlotteblue is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
bored@home
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Episode 1...wavering if I care to continue. I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks with small town law so not to full of surprises so far.
bored@home is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #3
Knight2554
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Bingeing now. Really interesting, but definitely slanted. Reminds me of the serial podcast.
Knight2554 is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:15 AM   #4
Lee_Lucas
BANNED

Encounters: 5

I thought it was interesting.
Lee_Lucas is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
Hélène Stone
Legs for Days

User ID: 252683
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I marathoned the first season of Serial and immediately started watching Making a Murderer. I do admit, I find it quite a bit less intriguing than I found the first season of Serial. It hasn't drawn me in quite yet. I think I'll pick it up again after I'm caught up with season 2 of Serial.
Hélène Stone is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #6
elcalifa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Eh, not interested after episode 3. This guy would be locked up regardless of the wrongful conviction. Gave up.
elcalifa is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #7
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

Watched episode 1, grew up in east Texas, so an out of control rural sherriff's office isn't new at all, that being said the story is interesting especially considering the players involved and their motivations. What really bothered me was the state supreme Court held no law officials responsible for anything at all, even with the investigators testimony and evidence of wrong doing and prejudice all over the case.
I haven't watched past that so I can't speak as to the rest, but I plan on watching the rest of it.
Azzbakwerdz is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #8
Spurman19
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

What that show taught me was that elected officials are dirt bags. I always thought DA's were heartless people, but that showed confirmed it.

The cops I know were the ones that where picked on back in the day and now that they have a badge they are huge pricks.

Every cop has a price.
Spurman19 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

One of my best buddies, well used to be best buddy, is a Dallas cop, the stories he has told me, and your right, all of them have a price of some sort. They are human, and humans have failures, most of us just try and keep our failures from consuming us, some simply don't have that ability. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, small town sherriff = power.
My sons SO and I were talking about that very thing this evening, he is one of those people that fail to think, "what's the worst that can happen if I go thru with this", he just rolls with it consequences be damned. Some people just aren't capable of rationally thinking something thru, cops or elected officials are no different, and most don't belong in the position they hold.I work with some dumb ass people in a serious field, amazes me how they function at all outside work if they fuck up as much at home.
Interesting topic and even more so once you start digging into it.
Azzbakwerdz is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:05 AM   #10
Y0yoY0
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I've seen the whole thing...like a few times LOL

I put it on sometimes when I'm bored, and just let it play while I work.

It's completely believable, imo, also being from a small, rural area where literally NOTHING interesting happens for LE, ...so they just spend time writing speeding tickets and harassing people.

At the very least, you could say there's an abundance of doubt based on what's covered in the film. And, a lot of hack bloggers/"journalists" have written about how they didn't cover this ....or that...., but I've seen what they claim wasn't included and it doesn't really seem convincing. Dude's got the biggest civil claim in history if he ever gets out, tho

It's incredibly similar to the "WM3" case those guys were released on a few years ago, too. Kinda slow getting started but after about 3 or 4 I was hooked lol
Y0yoY0 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:30 AM   #11
L.A.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

I watched it. Those defense attorneys could sell me sand in a desert.
I would start doubting certain things and they would talk and I would be like DAMMIT they are so right.
L.A. is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #12
Invisible1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 23

Very one sided and slanted. An enormous amount of info is left out on purpose by the producers to achieve the desired overall affect. He more likely than not did it. He should stay in prison. Its a show created for ratings. His lawyer is excellent and did his best with what he had to work with. The police and the investigation were corrupt in the small town. But, He is beyond a reasonable doubt a very sick, sociopath murderer with little feeling for human life beyond his own.
Invisible1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #13
SimpleSam
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I binge watched it as well but there was a Kurt Cobain special that followed (since you watched this) deal and that was way more in trudging and more police corruption and cover up in the hour show versus making a murderer
SimpleSam is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women