Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41458
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 05-24-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
cubsoxbull
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84
Default Lost The Series Finale

Just curious for those of you that enjoyed watching Lost, what did you think of the final episode last night ? I'm still trying to figure it out, but I really enjoyed it. I thought it was very sad and very emotional, but I give credit to the writer's and the producer's for giving me the opportunity to watch a fine show over the years. I know I will miss it, as it's very hard to find a good show to watch nowadays.
cubsoxbull is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
Black Sedan
Premium Access

Encounters: 21

Ehhh. Chalk me up for never giving a damn while it was on the original broadcast runs.

So finally I had exposure to it recently. A girlfriend suggested I watch Season I with her on DVD. I think I got through 1.5 episodes before I completely gave in to "WTF" and went down on her instead. That was a lot more fun than TV.
Black Sedan is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
Captain Caveman
Valued Poster

I liked it. I thought the way it ended was pretty good and gave a sense of closure. Still, we were talking about it at work and we wondering about so many plot threads and plot holes that went unanswered.
Captain Caveman is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
rakuguy
Ambassador

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
Still, we were talking about it at work and we wondering about so many plot threads and plot holes that went unanswered.
so you're like "lost" then right? i think that was their intent. it couldn't end any other way really. i think they did a great job last night. the final message was essentially that yeah no matter how much crazy shit you go through in your life be it electromagnetic nuclear explosions or smoke monsters that in the end the only thing that matters is the time you spent with the ones you love.

loved the show. huge fan. very sad it's gone. there is precious little creative television on the networks or anywhere else these days. this show was an oasis for 6 amazing years. what comes now with regard to network television landscape will be somewhat akin to the feeling one gets when we go into the NFL offseason...only worse.

it will be missed.
rakuguy is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
GiveNReceive
I speak daty

Encounters: 12

My brain and heart hurt from this entire last season and the finale. I got caught up with wanting answers to everything early on but then got into the characters who were so well acted by the cast. It should and did leave some things open for interpretation. Many bittersweet moments to end it.
Try not to watch too much television, but this one sucked me in and thoroughly glad i did.
GiveNReceive is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
cubsoxbull
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakuguy View Post
i think they did a great job last night. the final message was essentially that yeah no matter how much crazy shit you go through in your life be it electromagnetic nuclear explosions or smoke monsters that in the end the only thing that matters is the time you spent with the ones you love.

loved the show. huge fan. very sad it's gone. there is precious little creative television on the networks or anywhere else these days. this show was an oasis for 6 amazing years. what comes now with regard to network television landscape will be somewhat akin to the feeling one gets when we go into the NFL offseason...only worse.

it will be missed.
rakuguy, I agree with you, I actually didn't start watching the show until last year, but it was one show I looked forward to watching each week
cubsoxbull is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
Guest071613-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 20196
My ECCIE Reviews

I have mixed feelings about it. I did like the finale, it was sweet, I cried a lot. But I still don't understand why they had to meet up for a reunion before going to the light. And all the polar bear stuff, smoke monster, etc. was kind of unnecessary if you ask me. They sure had to go through a lot of drama just to get to 'the other side'! I feel like I still have a lot of questions.

I don't know, on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8; I would have given it a 7, but I'm glad they didn't just fade to black like the Sopranos, so it gets an 8.
Guest071613-2 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
Hawkeye9
Premium Access

Encounters: 230

guess I am going have to dvd this series, never saw it
Hawkeye9 is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #9
Captain Caveman
Valued Poster

It's been a heated topic at work. There are two camps - the "they were dead the whole time and we've been seeing them in purgatory" camp and the "this is Jack's story and Jack's purgatory" camp. I belong to the latter but I am outnumbered. I thought the series finale was great... and it was an epic fail. The reason why I call it a "fail" is because it has left the majority of the audience confused. When you've left your audience to guess what has happened then you have failed as a writer. Also, the SO many unresolved plot holes and threads gives indication that the writers have been making it up as they go along.
Captain Caveman is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
Ron Mexico
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

They were alive on the island and what happened there was "real". The flash-sideways was "purgatory" and everyone ended up there before moving on regardless of when they died in the real world. That was a cop-out because J.J. Abrams maintained the Island was not purgatory, which technically it wasn't. They just ended the series there.

They did leave a lot of loose ends, some of them understandable, but overall I enjoyed the series. I never missed an episode.
Ron Mexico is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women